• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the Little Einsteins theme song is so popular right now yet it's been around for 10+ years.

feel better, little one.

i-p34697-9.jpg

Thanks. ^w^

It's better but now, I'm all cold. lmfao

excuse me??
so I'm not allowed to be pissed if some random girl in school
cosplays and talks to me in broken Japanese-English??

I'm not allowed to be pissed when she tells me that I'm not "accurately representing my culture" because I don't wear a sailor uniform to school?? Thanks.

@Jake and Lafiel:

Both of you have good points. You don't tell how to live someone else's life (Resetti really needs to learn that). As long as it's not harmful, you are free to do what you want. However, idolizing someone or something is pretty stupid too. Yes, people don't have to let the stereotypes apply. A woman can fly a plane or be a truck driver. A man can be a nurse or babysitter. But I find it stupid that some people like to idolize something. Like when little girls these days like to idolize the celebrities on TV. They need to be themselves, not be other people. But yeah, you don't have to be Japanese to like Japanese stuff, but they have to realize that they aren't Japanese. That, and some Japanese people hate anime, but like American mainstream media.

so wait let me get this straight? you're allowed to insult weeaboos, but no ones allowed to insult your sexuality??
dont give someone **** for how they express themselves. if you actually want your sexuality to be accepted and not treated like a joke then stop bashing how other peoples chose to live their life and express themselves?????????
1. so i have to be asian to be a weeaboo????? 2. i have to fit the common laws of the stereotype in order for me to be accepted and seen as something i identify as, or want to express?
that's just like saying "you have short hair so you can't be a girl!!" or "omg ur asian??? u got 2% in ur math test ur obv not asian!!" or something that you should at least identify with, "you cant be that sexuality because you dont conform to the common stereotypes"
it doesnt work in your favor and makes you look like a major hypocrite
people who aren't asian are just as entitled to express their love for asian culture as much as anyone else. what's next? "omg ur not asian how dare u eat at a chinese restaurant!"?

3. i'm not a weeaboo but saying that someone can't be a weeaboo because they're not asian/japaneses and dont fit with the stereotype is flat out wrong.. are we still in the 18th century???

do you not see how offensive and close minded that is, how is being a weeaboo any different wtf

smh give me a break

1. Weeaboos do not have to be Asian to be a weeaboo?? I think you misunderstood what I said.
2. There's nothing wrong with liking Japanese culture. Weeaboos obsess over Japanese culture, although they aren't Japanese/Asian.
3. I still think you misunderstood me??

My "friends" pretty much ditched me cuz of what happened. At least I still have 2 good ones who haven't

Don't worry. Everything is cool. I just was disappointed because I kinda like you, but it's one-sided '-'
Believe me, liking me is weird, I'm not a cool guy or anything.
Also I've never really been a fan of people using Japanese words even though they're english.

Yes. Liking things Japanese =/= weeaboo.

Yes I like large portions of the Japanese but it's not like I sing J-pop at uni or go around cosplay sailor scouts and shouting random one-liners from the show. Nor do I like "mainstream" Japanese music a lot or wear decora fashion. (Yes I brought up the most common misunderstandings, I'm not saying you are a weeb if you do that. There is a thin line between respecting other cultures and obsessing over them too much).

Some need to learn that.

The amount of sexists, racists and homophobes in YouTube comments..
This is why I never look at them anymore.

Well, I'm thinking of editing manga into some GFX for my icon and signature, but I've never edited Manga before so I'm really nervous about the clean up and making it looked nice and high quality. ;w; I'm going to try my best dough~ <3

Well, I'm thinking of editing manga into some GFX for my icon and signature, but I've never edited Manga before so I'm really nervous about the clean up and making it looked nice and high quality. ;w; I'm going to try my best dough~ <3

Good luck!

Also regarding my post about that make-up, I have nothing against it in general. But those kind of types irks me because they act like pre-mature adults who thinks they look oh so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back