• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

got into a dumb fight on tumblr. totally ruined my evening because it made me realize how awful people are, even on sites like tumblr. whatever though! this is why i don't fight with people on the internet.

sucks when the people who support me most are far away, and the people I live with don't give me the support I need. I don't feel alone but I do feel a bit isolated. I have so much to talk about and I can't even talk to my mom without her lecturing me or guilting me. I'm so exhausted.

I wish things were different 😔

sucks when the people who support me most are far away, and the people I live with don't give me the support I need. I don't feel alone but I do feel a bit isolated. I have so much to talk about and I can't even talk to my mom without her lecturing me or guilting me. I'm so exhausted.

I wish things were different 😔
I’m sorry that you’re experiencing this.

I feel like I’m living in isolation too. That’s why I returned to TBT. I still wish I have a girlfriend, but I haven’t met my dream girlfriend, and I’m 30 years old now. People my age would usually be married by now.

I can't explain how hard of a week its been, how much im still recovering.

Last wednesday my final toad passed away... Im still so upset, so devistated and heart broken. Ive had toads since I was 13, and now I don't have any... I now have a dresser with no tank on it and its hard to even look at.

I don't think Ill be able to recover from this anytime soon. It hurts too much :( I still think I forgot to turn on the lamp light when I leave, and wish I could turn it on for her when I woke up

But she had Toad depression. Litterlly. She wouldnt take care of herself because she was the only toad, toads are social creatures and need friends. But none were being sold anywhere. All I could do was feed her and hope for the best :(

Rest in piece my sweet friend.

Last edited:

Last wednesday my final toad passed away... Im still so upset, so devistated and heart broken. Ive had toads since I was 13, and now I don't have any... I now have a dresser with no tank on it and its hard to even look at.

I don't think Ill be able to recover from this anytime soon. It hurts too much :( I still think I forgot to turn on the lamp light when I leave, and wish I could turn it on for her when I woke up

But she had Toad depression. Litterlly. She wouldnt take care of herself because she was the only toad, toads are social creatures and need friends. But none were being sold anywhere. All I could do was feed her and hope for the best :(

I'm so sorry for you! I've never had a pet but it seems like it would be devastating to lose one! My sincerest condolences.

oh friend, i’m so sorry. that’s so devastating. i know there’s nothing i can say or do to take your grief away, but please know i’m always here if you need anything or someone to talk/vent to. you gave her the best life and all of the love possible— you were a great friend to her, just as she was to you. i hope she rests in peace 🫂💚

Just found out today that my mom is in the hospital right now after having a bunch of overdoses on drugs. She's in a coma right now and was put into intensive care. I'm really worried that she won't make it...
I've been crying for the past half hour. I'm just so worried about my mom.

How many ****ing times does it need to be said that harmless things people can't control about themselves don't make them more boring or worse than anyone else. I wanna punch a ****ing wall rn.

sometimes i feel like i'm an awful person. today i saw someone i worked with 3 years ago & he remembered me. and i couldn't even ask how he had been? why didn't i do that? the thought never even crossed my mind. now he probably thinks i'm a jerk, and maybe he's right.

just needed to get that off my chest because i'm going to lose sleep about it

This isn’t much compared to other stuff here but someone I used to be friends with who admitted they’re transphobic is messaging me again… not only would I not be friends with them anymore but they don’t know x_x

@CylieDanny I’m so sorry ): It’s always so hard losing pets but especially like that. I think toads seem so beautiful and I hope in time you can remember the happy memories but I can sympathise with that sadness seeing the tank. I don’t know the words but I’m sorry.

This isn’t much compared to other stuff here but someone I used to be friends with who admitted they’re transphobic is messaging me again… not only would I not be friends with them anymore but they don’t know x_x
If they’re being transphobic, then they must leave you alone. You had a reason to break friendship with them. They must respect that.

i was allowed to work from home today because i wasn't feeling great and it was so nice being able to work comfortably/without my back trying to kill me halfway through the day, i wish i could work from home every day but they won't allow it ;_; sitting in the office all day becomes uncomfortable and it's hard to focus when i have to keep getting up to stretch

also i've been feeling lethargic(? i never know how to describe what's wrong with me but there's definitely something) for two or three days so that's fun (it's probably because of the lack of sleep but that's because i feel like i need to make up for lost time to do my own things 🤡)

This is going to be more of a negative take rant type thing but it is bothering me.

I’m just thinking about the impact of the internet and how I’ve seen it change. I’m not old enough to remember life without it so disclaimer take this with salt ofc. But honestly I think 00’s internet was the healthiest point, and the wider adoption of the Internet since has been a net negative. I really pondered over wether I felt that way or it was a kneejerk take, and while I may be relatively young I don’t think this is just my initial impression/take, and I wish we could go back to less influential/everyday net.
What bothers me in particular is how monoculture is fairly dead. I think I ranted about this on the site before but like with the adoption of the internet people compartmentalise their interests more, which has lead to more isolation. That has its own host of knock-on effects which fuel more mental pitfalls, negative thinking, bitterness, etc.

This gets distilled into the point of people isolating more because of social media and just being on screens, but it’s more than that. It’s a loss of casual events and unity over art or casual flicks or whatever that helps to keep people separated after the fact.

I think it is a real problem how few wide cultural events we have. There used to be multiple things every year with the cultural reach of Barbenheimer, now it’s a jarring exception if are get something like that where people all know about and discuss it. Did things just seem larger because I was younger? I don’t feel like that’s the whole picture. People around me don’t speak about any tv shows or movies or music or anything anymore, all of them.
Without things like this it’s hard to break the ice, and I think politics has replaced tv shows movies music etc. pop events as the water-cooler talk. I don’t want to talk about politics with strangers. I want to talk about tv shows, or movies, or music. Interestingly I think gaming is one of the few areas in which there is still sort of a monoculture since everyone knows about the Zelda or Pokemon or whatever, I think some of this weirdly has to do with consoles creating some unity within their spheres, and it gets people talking about the same things. But gaming is basically its own culture and the fact I’m discussing gaming culture, what is basically an offshoot of monoculture- that’s a contradiction, it’s not monoculture.

Honestly, I’ve complained about how it‘s impacted online interactions but I believe I was more focused on them since I have so little to do irl. I’m facing that a lot more now (I still have nothing to do irl lol) and the impact it had on irl interaction is a way bigger issue. This also contributes to the loss of the “third space”.

So what bothers me personally… Back when I was a kid I saw my sister and her friends and my mom and everyone around me talk about united topics, media, you had more inescapable albums… etc. I would give up the current conveniences of streaming and the pace of the net at the drop of a hat for that and more irl interaction. When I was a kid I was really looking forward to joining in on pop culture discussions and stuff irl. ): Nowadays it feels like even if you try to include/introduce people to media they’re happy to keep compartmentalising.

If I ever get the resources I want to start some kind of pop culture sharing club irl and actually meet and discuss and stuff, this deeply upsets me. I’m a bit too old for the one book club I know near me, it has an age cap. But it’s not the same. I feel like I’m hanging onto the past, but I don’t really like where I am right now. I keep going in stupid spirals about what I feel I lost, and things I was optimistic about and just had to give up on. Being optimistic doesn’t come naturally for me at all idk. But I hate accepting the current state of things, it just worse to me, yet I also know being in the past is very bad

I’ve been able to pull others out of the same mindset i’m in now lol i’m less empathetic and more hopeless for myself rn than them. I need to give myself a break but i got nothing hedonistic to lean on rn, self-sabotaging mindset after months of exhaustion despite the effort. Stupid instinctual “defense mechanism”

Last edited:
Good news is that I don't have diabetes or hypothyroidism...bad news is that I likely have IBS which is absolutely kicking my ass right now 😓 I've been in pain for 3 days straight now, usually my symptoms only come at a day or two at a time, and I'm just hghuughjuhh over it

I woke up to a zero percent phone. I can no longer use my phone as an alarm clock because it'll just go down in percent WHILE charging. I need to keep my phone off while charging which is going to cause a lot of communication issues in the future. :( My life keeps getting worse I swear.

this is literally nothing but i got a “quiet kid meme compilation“ last night and it made me so angry. you’re making fun of kids that probably have mental illnesses and calling them serial killers, good job!
i’ve always been a quiet kid. i‘ve made about 4 good friends in my life and i’ve only managed to keep two of them. i have social anxiety that has been getting worse over the years, and now i’m taking medication for it.
i think the worst my ”quiet kidness“ has been was in 9th grade. my social anxiety was at an all time high and i was also very depressed. i didn’t talk to anyone at school except for my sibling and my friend. one time, i went to my first GSA meeting, and i was just sitting there and shaking because i didn’t know how to talk to people.

imagine calling someone a serial killer because they have a hard time talking to people. you know what, some people might not even have a hard time talking to people, they just don’t want to make friends with kids that make fun of others??

badly dry heaving again. i think i might be lactose intolerant or something because this only happens whenever i drink milk.

Back