• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

I don’t know man, but I really think that this current event we have now isn’t really doing it for me.

I’m barely sending out any envelopes, and I haven’t even made any entries for any of the 3 activities that you can make an entry for. I am sincerely struggling on what to make for the New Horizons designing part since all ideas I had have already been done.

I’m sorry, but I think I’ll take a hard pass on this event.

I don’t know man, but I really think that this current event we have now isn’t really doing it for me.

I’m barely sending out any envelopes, and I haven’t even made any entries for any of the 3 activities that you can make an entry for. I am sincerely struggling on what to make for the New Horizons designing part since all ideas I had have already been done.

Same to be honest... I was considering participating, but after looking at everything I'm really not a fan of how the event was set up. I'll spare everyone my criticisms here, but let's just say it could have been handled better imo.

I've also just been pretty busy lately and will be for the next several weeks, so I don't really have the time nor do I want to dedicate any to it. A lot of the other events listed this year look really cool, but this one ain't it imo.

Same to be honest... I was considering participating, but after looking at everything I'm really not a fan of how the event was set up. I'll spare everyone my criticisms here, but let's just say it could have been handled better imo.

I've also just been pretty busy lately and will be for the next several weeks, so I don't really have the time nor do I want to dedicate any to it. A lot of the other events listed this year look really cool, but this one ain't it imo.
Even though I have yet to participate in any TBT events, I feel like a Valentine's Day event instead would have been more favorable. If there ever is another Valentine's Day contest or event, I would probably try to participate. It's right up my alley.

Also, I do not know if this is an OCD thing, but it is driving me a bit up the wall that the lanterns are hanging in front of the TBT logo. >_< On a more positive note, I do think the fiery tree lights are cute though. ❤️🧡💛

That said, a lot of us are unfamiliar with Lunar New Year. It is a holiday that is predominantly celebrated in East Asia, whereas Valentine's Day is more widely celebrated. I feel most of us here would more likely connect with an event that was focused around a holiday or theme that that are more familiar with. Just my two cents. :)

Even though I have yet to participate in any TBT events, I feel like a Valentine's Day event instead would have been more favorable. If there ever is another Valentine's Day contest or event, I would probably try to participate. It's right up my alley.

Also, I do not know if this is an OCD thing, but it is driving me a bit up the wall that the lanterns are hanging in front of the TBT logo. >_< On a more positive note, I do think the fiery tree lights are cute though. ❤️🧡💛

That said, a lot of us are unfamiliar with Lunar New Year. It is a holiday that is predominantly celebrated in East Asia, whereas Valentine's Day is more widely celebrated. I feel most of us here would more likely connect with an event that was focused around a holiday or theme that that are more familiar with. Just my two cents. :)

Yeah, that's fair. In staff's defense the last several years alone have already had Valentine's events and they were all different from each other if I recall correctly. It makes sense that they would want to change it up. I'm sure others and myself here appreciate that they are turning the spotlight to another culture rather than focusing on the same holiday again. I mean, LNY is really interesting to learn about, and I even play online games that are technically made by China, so I have nothing against what this event is focused on and am in full support of it.

I just think that the execution was not very well done. I mentioned the lanterns in a previous post, but just the ways in which the event was set up don't really sit right with me. I'm not going to post them here though because it's not really the appropriate place for it. If they have a survey or anything when the event concludes, I'll post my thoughts there.

But yeah, in general I agree with you. I just thought I'd explain a bit of both sides for the sake of fairness.

Ew yeah those chalky heart candy things are very nasty. I always threw those away right away.
I do like the lunar event though. I'm just waiting for my pc to get back to me in the mail. I can't color a dragon without it. It should be back in time, but we'll see.

This was the first TBT event I ever participated in. I only participated in one activity, but that was all I needed to earn myself a token to purchase a big ol' reptile arse, which I will never stop boasting about 💪

The space camp gave me a bad time and I ghosted it due to my space phobia. The way it looked all gross and sci fi was much worse for me than a string of lanterns. I turned the theme off but the gross grass was still there, making my skin crawl :sick:

The Christmas event I opened and it was like reading an unfamiliar language and seemed to require an insane level of commitment that I wasn't able to give and later saw all the drama about voting and I didn't really understand the strength of feeling behind it admittedly 😳

A Valentine's event might have been cool, but maybe it's a risk because someone would inevitably find it not to be inclusive enough of single people or something and then everyone would have a huge barney again 🤭

I think the problem with the envelopes is the goal is to high. I think a 1k goal would have been better. I knew I wasn’t going to get back the number of envelopes I sent out but making the goal more obtainable would have been better. I only did one activity since I love coloring.

Allergies. Two words: they blow. Trust me, I do not feel the way Yoshi does in my profile picture.

I don't understand the events, I started to colour in a dragon but it seemed like it would take ages so I immediately gave up and went to wikipedia to research when the first coloring book was invented, it was quite interesting - apparently the coloring book was first introduced as part of a "democratization of art" movement in the 1700s. I tried to picture the 1700's in my head but I couldn't picture it, but I remember thinking that the highway man Dick Turpin was around then and I could picture that, so I looked up Dick Turpin to check - but it turned out he was from the 1600s. I then went on to read about the Great Fire Of London for a bit. I never did successfully picture the 1700's and I never did return to coloring in the dragon.

So like I say, I don't get it.

Hate being forced to go to family dinners while I constantly have health problems. I'm not going to be able to eat much and they're going to ask why and I am so not in the mood to deal with any of this. Not to even mention I can't stand all the hours of talking.

I got a doctor, face to face appointment in the early hours of Wednesday this week. For ongoing symptoms, I've had more than a year; I did go to a doctors about them before, and had many testd but never called to see what tests showed; so going again.

I told my boss I couldn't do early Wednesday, and what do I find in the rota last night? She put me down for that morning shift. :rolleyes: (14 years experience in bussiness aparently, but can't even make a note of her only coworker's one day off wth)
When I told her, well retold her this, she didn't respond. So, now I am having to wait to see if she changes anything agaon or even replies back.
Then before she sent me the the first hours I am doing today (normally I have to bloody ask for the rota), she said 7AM-12PM; but then the rota cameout to 7AM-11:30AM. I dunno if this place is trying to turn me insane.

Edit: I realise, what she doesn't make it any easier is the rota she never mentions the actual dates/numbers. She just puts the day down. So despite telling her the exact date this wednesday, it probably didn't click. Not really my problem though.

Last edited:
not here ofc but I hate hate hate hate when I accidentally hit the like button on something I did Not want to like. I always unlike immediately, but I never know if that makes the notification disappear on their end or not?? and it makes me want to crawl into my shell and erase myself from the internet I do not want these people to Perceive me thank you goodbye

To every single family member who has known me for the last 37 years... **** you for forgetting my birthday. It's not hard to drop me a text, send me a message on Facebook or pass one on via my mum. In fact it only takes a minute or so to do, the excuse "I forgot" doesn't fly with me considering how easy is it to contact someone these days.

However to everyone on this forum who did remember my birthday and dropped me a small message on my profile, thank you for remembering and making my day feel a little bit more special. 🥰

I hate how often my parents argue (though it’s generally my dad yelling at everyone over nothing)

My mom always has to make multiple dishes because my youngest brother doesn’t eat anything, if we were following his diet we would strictly be eating fast food, pizza, and hot dogs (without any fruits or vegetables), but my dad wants to yell at her because the rest of us are capable of eating proper food

My mom tried taking him to a pediatrician and even she couldn’t fix him, he’s almost 20 so maybe my dad should consider that there’s something wrong with his kid and my mom has tried to get him to eat better food???? Even going to family events with him is embarrassing because we usually need to order pizza or something for him

Not even 3 weeks after getting over a previous illness, I end up waking up with the flu. Very fun!

spent the day analyzing things I've done in the past and celebrating how far I've come since then, but now I'm feeling really mentally overwhelmed and overstimulated. also keep teetering between being depressed and being hypomanic and it's quite possibly the worst thing ever tbh.

Back