• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

woke up at like 4:30am and now I can't get back to sleep šŸ˜­ considering I'm gonna be driving for like 7 hours on Thursday this really isn't a good time for me to be lacking sleep jfdgsjsghskd
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry if you didn't want a response, but this really hit me hard. there are few things in this world that are more cruel than pouring your heart out to someone whom you believe you can trust, just to have them completely beat you down. reading this made me feel so sad, you are so sweet and your art is lovely and imagining you crying honestly makes me want to cry. I know experiences like that can make it difficult to trust people in the future in regards to sharing your art, but remember that there will always be people out there who appreciate the things you do. I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get that from someone who used to be so close.
Thank you so much, Bug, I appreciate it šŸ«‚ I'm planning to keep on drawing and doing what I've been doing, though I don't imagine I'm going to feel comfortable sharing things with her again for a long time. She did send an apology over text later (although only after my mom chewed her out over the phone while I was in the shower, bc she. somehow had zero idea she'd said anything hurtful apparently), which I did appreciate, but she really broke my trust in her yesterday and I don't feel ready to forgive her yet.

Also, I hope you're able to get some good rest before Thursday! šŸ’¤šŸ‘

I sent my aunt some of my recent art and she insulted it outright and said that it "didn't even look like [ I ] drew it". Not a single thing she liked about it, not an area she thought I could improve in, just... that, and I feel like she may as well have slapped me twice in the face. I've been working hard to try to improve lately and I was happy with everything I showed her and now I've spent half the evening crying and I feel sick. It's not that I expect everyone to like my art, or that I don't expect anyone to insult me ever, but coming from my own aunt, who I've adored ever since I was little... I'm honestly really hurt.
Lately I haven't even been able to talk about any of my interests with her without her mocking them or making some derisive remark. For the most part I've been brushing it off as her trying to tease me and assumed it was meant to be playful, even if I didn't like it and it made me kind of sad, but after this evening... I feel too afraid to want to share anything with her anymore. I'd just been thinking that I wanted to arrange some time to play video games together again.

I've never been terribly close to most of my relatives, but I thought she was an exception. I loved seeing her and always looked forward to visiting her or vice versa. She absolutely adored me growing up and was always super nice to me. When I was in my teens she'd arrange outings for us whenever she got the chance, where she'd take me wherever I wanted all day long, because she hated that her work prevented her from seeing me most of the time and she wanted to spend time with me and get to know me better.

I don't know what happened or when or what I did that changed that. I miss my aunt.
Iā€™m so sorry, Meri, that is awful. If it helps, my dad does the same thing to my art. When I show him something that I drew that gets a lot of interaction of deviant art, he says, ā€œPeople buy this?ā€ or, ā€œpeople like this?ā€. He never is just proud of my art because I did it, regardless of how good it is in anyoneā€™s eyes.

My really rural, really bad internet has finally croaked. Not supported out here anymore. Now I only have wifi and mobile hotspots, all of which result in Nat type D on the switch, no matter how I try to fix it (connectify, vpns, pfft..) Which makes online gaming impossible. šŸ˜­

And I would love to do the tbt world championship games. šŸ˜«

I even thought about trying starlink rv (roaming). Some have good luck with using it for switch gaming. Some don't. I don't want to invest in the equipment, hook it all up, test the connection, only to end up with the same nat d and hundreds of dollars poorer....ugh.

Nat type D on the switch, no matter how I try to fix it (connectify, vpns, pfft..) Which makes online gaming impossible.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm also in that same internet predicament. Gonna have to cancel my Nintendo Switch Online membership. Nintendo doo-doo, man... šŸ˜”

Feeling tired and low energy today. Trying to stick to my routines as much as I can, but it's slowly but surely getting away from me, haha.

This reminds me that my Switch will NOT connect to the internet and hasn't been able to for several years now. It will connect to our home router just fine, but then won't connect to the internet from that. I've talked to all kinds of people about it and most don't really know what it could be. The only thing I can surmise is that the part on the Switch that handles internet capabilities is shot, which, if so means I'm essentially ****** because I'd have to get a new Switch in order to stay online while playing games. And I don't want to do that because I love my current Switch FC numbers (yes, I know that's a stupid reason, but still).

So nowadays whenever I play it I just use my mobile hotspot, but it's actually kind of annoying that this problem continues to persist.

My sinuses are bothering me.
But honestly I want to play acnh, but I fell off the game last year. I was doing some sort of challenge and I remember I was enjoying it because it changed up the gameplay. I'll have to find my notes of where I left off. But honestly I just want to casually play it rn. I don't feel well and just want to get my mind off some things. Maybe I should consider a different game rn. Idk.

I'm so tired, I've been awake for 12 hours and I haven't eaten anything besides a pack of M&Ms, and I still need to wash my blankets and finish packing and wipe down my car's dashboard. also just realized I forgot to go to the pharmacy.

fun. šŸ„²

edit: went to the pharmacy and they didn't even have my prescription ready even though I sent the refill yesterday afternoon hdjfhsjfgshdf thankfully I have a few extra, that's my bipolar med and I can't afford to go without it.

Last edited:
Really long 5-paragraph essay petty rant
I'm sorry this sounds really petty and whiney but I am really upset because last night I wanted to go reread my favorite webtoon only to find out that it has been deleted or something.

The owner's name no longer shows up when I search for them on the website and when I try and google their profile and go to it it shows me a "404 error this page is either broken or has been deleted" when I try and visit every single one of their webtoons it gives me the same error.
That was my favorite webtoon I had been reading for like a year or something(I'm not good with remembering dates), the owner is really busy and only updates the webtoon approximately every 3 months or so and I had been waiting extremely patiently for the webtoon to slowly become finished and it was in the finale and I was so excited waiting to see how it ends and it hasn't been updated since October last year and then last night I decided to go look if any new chapters got added and it's gone?!?
Their DeviantArt account hasn't been updated in nearly 8 years and I'm unable to find their Instagram account
Honestly I feel really worried about what happened to the owner and why they suddenly disappeared and deleted their account, I hope they are safe and okay. I have no clue what happened to them and why they deleted their webtoon that they have been working on for 8 years and made thousands of pieces of wonderful artwork for it that is now gone forever.

I feel so incredibly sad that the webtoon is gone now I loved that webtoon so ****ing badly and it brought lots of laughs and good happy memories for me and now I'll never be able to read that webtoon ever again, I miss it so so badly. It was a really huge comfort for me and I would read it a lot on my worst days and now that source of comfort is gone forever. šŸ’”

I'm really upset because on my old laptop(that is broken for those who don't remember) I had screenshots of all of my favorite chapters of the webtoon on it. At first I felt really bad for downloading the webtoon on my computer but I did it because 1: The webtoon is nearly 300 chapters and it's so I can easily find my favorite chapters and be able to read them easily. 2: I did it to preserve the artwork of the webtoon in case something bad ever happens to it because the owner has been working really hard on it for years and lo and behold the webtoon is now deleted and all the artwork is gone forever!

If my old laptop can ever possibly be fixed one day and the files can ever be recovered then I can be able to read the webtoon again via my screenshots of it but I'm pissed off my laptop is broken probably forever and can't turn on and my precious files are stuck in limbo on it.

So, Side Order came out. The Splatoon 3 DLC story I was looking forward to.
And as it turns out my health got worse just a few hours later.
I don't know what to do. I was really hoping it wouldn't get this bad when it released. I don't even know if I will be feeling well enough to play more of it tomorrow.
On top of that I didn't get sleep and ended up snapping when my mom asked me what was wrong for the hundredth time. (It's always been my tonsils. It's been like this on and off for months. She's been rather clueless about the whole thing.) So yeah I feel bad about overreacting too but I am so stressed.

Currently doing my data analysis for my thesis and I am STRESSED. I have 3 and a bit weeks to finish it/proof read/edit which sounds like a lot of time but I usually like to have a week before submission to go over and check it. I will be so glad when this is over.

I've had 4 bad days this week with time feeling as if it was dragging on and on. I was literally counting the hours and minutes until bedtime. Nothing I tried made time pass quicker. Felt better this morning as I knew I had the weekend free. Now it's been announced Saturday isn't free any longer. Is it too much to ask to get some me time without having to get up about 4am or stay up past midnight? šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø As long as everyone else gets what they want, it doesn't matter what I need.

Last edited:
I hate feeling like my friends dislike me. I don't think I've done anything to warrant any distaste (aside from being awkward and annoying I guess? That's what I theorize) but I keep worrying that one day all my friends are gonna ghost me. It's happened in the past so it's always in the back of my mind.

I've been thinking this because some of my friends have been pretty rude and distant with me as of recent. If I did anything wrong, I hope to God they ****ing tell me instead of making me think they hate me.

To clarify, I'm talking about school friends and some online friends (not TBT). Honestly I don't know if I'm just overthinking this but I am terrible at maintaining friendships. I don't feel like explaining everything, but in short, I stress too much about keeping friends when they're probably not good people, especially with how they treat me. They're not terrible people per se, but could also stand to not be as rude or ignore me...

Last edited:
Edited and removed as I noticed the unpopular opinions thread was shut down and I donā€™t want to get warned again

Last edited:
Alright, Iā€™m back.

I feel this! I run into this with podcasts, videos, etc. It's everywhere. Sometimes I google what the stuff is for (it's really not clear sometimes) and I'm like what the.... why am i getting that advertised to me?

I think it's because pharma companies view people as "customers", not patients.

What's worse imo, is that somehow, somewhere, someone figured out exactly how old i am (ancient). Now I get a TON of ads for how I can "pay my final expenses".

I always feel like there's a jinx hammer hanging over me with those things. Like, if I buy the insurance, I'll croak the next day. I get them in the mail too - like actual paper mail in the mailbox. It's stuffed with final expenses and make-your-will-today-before-its-too-late...

Just ridiculous...and I've decided to get cremated, so all of the cemetaries and funeral homes that send me all those ads won't get a dime from me...pfft.

Last edited:
I feel this! I run into this with podcasts, videos, etc. It's everywhere. Sometimes I google what the stuff is for (it's really not clear sometimes) and I'm like what the.... why am i getting that advertised to me?

I think it's because pharma companies view people as "customers", not patients.

What's worse imo, is that somehow, somewhere, someone figured out exactly how old i am (ancient). Now I get a TON of ads for how I can "pay my final expenses".

I always feel like there's a jinx hammer hanging over me with those things. Like, if I buy the insurance, I'll croak the next day. I get them in the mail too - like actual paper mail in the mailbox. It's stuffed with final expenses and make-your-will-today-before-its-too-late...

Just ridiculous...and I've decided to get cremated, so all of the cemetaries and funeral homes that send me all those ads won't get a dime from me...pfft.
Yeah, itā€™s like every single viewer on these channels and programs are elderly. It makes no sense. Iā€™m 24, and I donā€™t need to see these ads all the time as I feel perfectly fine. Thereā€™s an ad like I described playing on my TV right now as I type this!

Mods, I know BetsySundrop ā€œpreservedā€ what I said; hopefully it doesnā€™t come off as a bit too sensitive. I was only complaining about an ad trend and pretty much nothing else. I just now realized that the unpopular opinions thread was shut down, and I donā€™t want this thread to end up being like that one. I wonā€™t go into my complaint any further.

Yeah, itā€™s like every single viewer on these channels and programs are elderly. It makes no sense. Iā€™m 24, and I donā€™t need to see these ads all the time as I feel perfectly fine. Thereā€™s an ad like I described playing on my TV right now as I type this!

Oop. Fixed it! Unpreserved. (So sorry).

It never fails to grind my gears that there is tax on used/secondhand items. They already collected tax on it when it sold the first time ffs when is it finally time to take your hand out of the cookie jar

also Iā€™ve had a migraine for the last 3 days, maybe thatā€™s also why Iā€™m in a bad mood lol

Back