• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

mom and i had a run in w/ a racist at the bank today :D gotta love it out here, really
she took it coolly and was even laughing about it when we were in the car, but i don't think i'm that cool about such things :/ its still bothering me

Last edited:
The thought of my mom not being there for my graduation makes me feel even worse about going. Just the fact that she'll never see any of my big achievements in life is pretty saddening. She wasn't really there as a parent even when she was alive, but it still sucks...

I just have a lot on my mind, and it's mostly about my mom. I miss her.

Just a dumb tech complaint this time thanks to bad timing. So I’ve been staying back and forth between my uncle’s house in the middle of nowhere and the apartment I’m moving out of in a few weeks and just got a new iPhone 15 today. I tried connecting to his Wi-Fi to restore the backups of my apps, but it’s not compatible with this phone. It won’t download them over cellular either and I don’t have my laptop with me so I’m stuck using Discord on my phone browser. Let me just say mobile browser Discord is almost unusable, and with how bad the mobile app has gotten that’s saying a lot. Gotta wait until tomorrow to go to the library, use their internet, and download my apps again.

This is minor: just worried about my last team cheer. I’m probably overthinking it but I’m worried what I said with my entry sounds awkward. I’m still hurt about the ❓ reactions but what I said I meant to be sincere. I didn’t expect anyone to cheer me on during the streamed sessions but people on all teams were really kind and supportive. I wanted to thank my team especially for being patient with me (I don’t know who reacted aside from maybe one; I was afraid to look and deleted my comment on the discord). I’d edit my post but I don’t want to mess up my entry >.< I think I’m starting to feel the effects of staying up too late too >.<

Also am having trouble watching the mario party streams and chatting since I’m so anxious about saying something and getting ❓ again. I wish my brain would let it go since everyone has forgotten. I have OCD and when something bothers me I can’t let it go :/.

I’m kicking myself for deleting that post and also for even trying to chat

Last edited:
It's 2am and I've been so clumsy since getting out of the shower, tripping and knocking **** over and causing a ruckus. I bet my brother in the other room probably wants to kill me rn lmao

Next day, and no pay..meaning I have to actually go in person to talk to her, I am severaly bad at confrontation omg.
My emotions are usually out of wrack because for the longest time, I kept them bottled up. So, anything can set me up for tears, when I want to try and be as formal, and figure out what's going on with my money.

One of my coworkers said something about that boss said I did my hours incorrect, because half the time she tells the other coworkers that once they get in, I can leave (which is insane, one day because of that I only did an hour and a half FOR ONE DAY) but that wasn't what we agreed on, and even then, I did write down the time on the days I was told, and there were times the coworkers forgot to tell me to go.
Its not that hard changing an hour or some bull, but if there was a problem, she could've done the reasonable thing and contacted me. Which I haven't gotten anything.

I REALLY wish I was more excited about my graduation, but I'm not. Tell me why I had to wake up at 7:30 when I'm getting picked up literally 3 hours later, we get there half an hour later, the ceremony doesn't start till 1:00 PM, and it'll last for 3-4 hours... Why is it so damn long? Please, I just want my diploma. I'm gonna be surrounded by the people I don't like.

Also, I don't see anything "celebratory" about my graduation, as "nihilistic" as it sounds. :/ The way I see it, I'm finishing school because I had to. I dealt with ****ty people and schoolwork and exams because I was told to. I got to this point in my life, but not out of choice. And I don't see my final school year as the end of school, because I'm going to college 3 months later... Yay, more school-related stress AND more. (I also feel like I'm going because "I have to", this time by the pressure from my parents.)

I wish I wasn't so goddamn pessimistic. I'm getting out of high school, which should be a big relief for me. I'm just not looking forward to the ceremony AT ALL.

Edit: Totally unrelated, but what the hell there's another wasp in my room?? It's in my window, so it can't get out unless it goes through where my window is open at the bottom, so I gotta see and hear this thing till it's out. I do not need this right now. 😭

Last edited:
Parents are now being petty, won't talk to me or eat dinner with me.

I was tryin to say a story and they kept interpreting me during it (while also calling my coworker names). They do that alot, interrupt not just me but my sis too when we try to ever say anythin story-like. It gets to the point that of one of us, sis or I, tries to talk to everyone, they literally like phase us out and the parents start having their own conversation as she or I are literally full blown talking. We both notice it and we're both sick of it.

So finally I say 'can you please stop interrupting me' to which my dad laughs, treats it as a joke and says no. I snap and say **** it I don't want to say it anymore I don't care, then they get mad at me cause God forbid I raise my tone by an octive and expression frustration at a habit they do ALOT.

My dad already ate dinner and my mom texted me as she was half way throu hers that it was ready, somethin she never really does, so when I sit down she ends up leaving after a few mins. So I'm eating dinner alone. She won't talk to me during dinner and it's so maddening. God forbid I get mad at somethin they both were constantly doing and have done for years, finally say somethin to their face about it and now they don't talk to me.

I'm tired of this one sided caring, why do I always have to ask how was their day/work/whatever when they can't even pretend to care how mine went when I try to tell them. Even yesterday I was talking to my mom about somethin work related and she went in her bedroom and closed the door on my face as I was still talking to her. I walk off and say to my dad who was in the kitchen, so the next room over, 'wow not like I was talking or anythin'. She miraculously hears that, comes out and said she thought I was done talking. I was literally mid-sentence.

Now they aren't talking to me and are almost avoiding me. And ofcourse they'll still get mad at me somehow cause I'm the one who got mad at them.
I’m sorry that they’re treating you like this.

My suggestion is that you can fight back. I know that two wrongs don’t make a right, but in a situation like this, there is no high road. If retaliation or making the right decision isn’t going to change their behavior, I typically favor retaliation because it at least shows how you feel. The only reason why I haven’t retaliated to any of the unwanted criticism I have received is because I don’t want to get in trouble.

This is so silly.. but I see so many cute builds on Pinterest and Youtube for Animal Crossing islands.. and I feel discouraged because it's really difficult for me to make my island look THAT good, too.. I wanna be a build expert just like them!!! T^T It's not fair ><
It's annoying.. I put a lot of work into my island as it is. As someone who grew up with NL and such it's extremely hard to decorate the exterior of the island. You couldn't do that in NL if I recall. So.. I'm just feelin' a little discouraged, that's all ;w;

This is so silly.. but I see so many cute builds on Pinterest and Youtube for Animal Crossing islands.. and I feel discouraged because it's really difficult for me to make my island look THAT good, too.. I wanna be a build expert just like them!!! T^T It's not fair ><
It's annoying.. I put a lot of work into my island as it is. As someone who grew up with NL and such it's extremely hard to decorate the exterior of the island. You couldn't do that in NL if I recall. So.. I'm just feelin' a little discouraged, that's all ;w;
That kind of stuff almost kept me from getting the 5-star rating on my ACNH island, so I feel you.

Don't be discouraged by the effort people put into their islands! I wanna say something else too but I think @/Xara sums it up perfectly here:
It’s also important to note that your island does not have to compare to anyone else’s. It’s not a competition. It doesn’t have to look like one of those crowded, picture-perfect islands that you see on social media, unless you want it to look like that. All that matters is that you like your island and that you’re happy with it. No island is mediocre. No island is boring. Even barren, undecorated islands like mine are unique, because they are uniquely yours. Everyone brings something unique to their islands, decorated or not. There’s no such thing as a bad island. ❤️
(I have her post bookmarked for a reason!)

My face has been breaking out into red marks. I've usually had clear skin and haven't dealt with this much. I've been too embarrassed about asking my mom for skin products. (I can't pinpoint why I feel so awkward about it).

I've felt ugly and appalling. Enough that I've been masking my forehead with a hat.

I'm finally going to ask her today. It's probably not going to be as embarrassing as I'm thinking.

(I have her post bookmarked for a reason!)
oh i’ll cry.. 🥹 if my words resonate with or help at least one person, that’s genuinely so much more than i could hope for! super super happy that my post resonated with you!

this isn’t silly at all! i honestly relate to this so much. the amount of times i’ve been in the mood to get back into acnh and finally try to decorate my island, only to search up inspo and immediately get intimidated and discouraged by other people’s incredible builds and creativity is insane.. it’s one thing to tell others that their islands are beautiful no matter what, it’s another to believe it about your own. 😪

i wish you could see your abilities and your island through my eyes, because i think it’s wonderful! i can definitely tell that you’ve put a lot of time and effort into it! this tbtwc really showed me just how true my post Suguri quoted is. i thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone’s islands during hide and seek, no matter how decorated or undecorated they were, how many builds there were (if any), etc etc. everyone’s islands were so unique and beautiful, including yours! they were an honour and a delight to get to see!

i know how discouraging it can be to look at everyone else’s beautiful islands and builds and feel like anything you’ll do will be inferior to them, but we are truly our own worst critics. we are not competing with other people or their islands! at the end of the day, it only really matters what we think about our island. if we like it. if you want to try and improve at terraforming, there are so many speed builds and tutorials on youtube! you could always watch those and try to recreate them, to try to get a better understanding of the mechanic, how it works, and all you can do with it! and if you end up creating something you actually like, or even just have fun doing it, that’s even better!

but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your island or your abilities the way they are now! terraforming and decorating can be hard and overwhelming, but you don’t have to be as good as the “build experts” you see on social media. you just have to be as good as you, and you are already plenty talented and good enough. 💜

psa if you honk your horn because the car in front of you took more than 0.5 seconds to turn you’re the worst kind of person.. i moved to a new city and it happens SO MUCH out here that more and more often i’m finding myself making turns i’m not totally comfortable with because my anxiety that the guy behind me is gonna start blaring his horn and scare the crap out of me is getting so bad

I’m sorry that they’re treating you like this.

My suggestion is that you can fight back. I know that two wrongs don’t make a right, but in a situation like this, there is no high road. If retaliation or making the right decision isn’t going to change their behavior, I typically favor retaliation because it at least shows how you feel. The only reason why I haven’t retaliated to any of the unwanted criticism I have received is because I don’t want to get in trouble.

Problem with this is they don't care about me. Any form of retaliation I do to them, they'll take it personally and just make the situation about themselves then get mad at me even more. This whole thing started cause I asked them to stop interrupting me. Now the next day they still aren't talking to me and they'll never apologize for their actions or change. It's not fair that I gotta suck it up and bear with it until I can move out which isn't happening anytime soon.

Now some time has passed I’ve had time to survey my injuries from the assaults. The police assault left me with two red splotches on my face that hurt to the touch but have gone down now… perhaps it’s bruising of some kind from the punch? And I also have a bruise on my ribs from when I fell to the floor after the punch and others picked me up to help me. The assault from the second person left me with a scuff/scratch style injury on my nose and a number of bruises on my arms and legs. I’m seeking legal advice for the sucker punch from police as it was VERY illegal but the 2nd assault I can’t get help for because I told the police and they said it was ‘common assault’ which typically doesn’t end in any kind of criminal punishment. It makes me sad but this is the five millionth assault I’ve suffered from this person so I’m sure one day I’ll get my justice. One day I’ll be able to catch it on camera again.

I mostly feel a lot better today, especially being with my partner and his parents who all know the person who assaulted me and all want to keep me safe, but every now and again a memory keeps flashing in and I get quite upset. It’s okay though, I’m okay.
I find it quite embarrassing to be so vulnerable on here but I feel better being honest about what my life looks like. I move on quicker this way!

Problem with this is they don't care about me. Any form of retaliation I do to them, they'll take it personally and just make the situation about themselves then get mad at me even more. This whole thing started cause I asked them to stop interrupting me. Now the next day they still aren't talking to me and they'll never apologize for their actions or change. It's not fair that I gotta suck it up and bear with it until I can move out which isn't happening anytime soon.
You still made the right choice by sharing this problem online, because there are quite a plenty of people who are willing to help out. If your parents are abusing you because they couldn’t take criticism for their selfish or rude behavior, then you should bring attention to this online.

Back