• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

I had a wonderful conversation with a friend last night who happened to mention that I seemed like I really needed a hug. Another friend happened to say the same thing to me, in a conversation about when she and I had first met 5 years ago. It just made me feel like whatever image I'm putting forth isn't working and everyone can see right through to the fact that I've been unhappy for a very long time.

...this isn't how you should deal with people

I recognize their pain and genuinely want to help them. I don't look at them as a nuisance for opening up to me. I just feel inadequate
While relationships are not black and white and quite complicated things. I think people need to be careful with venting about a SO. And all relationships are not unconditional we should be allowed to set boundaries with others and have that be respected. I have a friend that can’t handle being vented to at all and I understand why it hards on them. If I have to choose between them and having someone to vent to, I choose them and I respect their needs and they have agreed to respect mine.

While relationships are not black and white and quite complicated things. I think people need to be careful with venting about a SO. And all relationships are not unconditional we should be allowed to set boundaries with others and have that be respected. I have a friend that can’t handle being vented to at all and I understand why it hards on them. If I have to choose between them and having someone to vent to, I choose them and I respect their needs and they have agreed to respect mine.
yes thank you for this, boundaries are so important and I've made it clear to my friends to not vent to me about SO issues because I'm really just not the right person for that. I can listen sometimes but most of the time I'm dealing with a lot of personal issues and I can't bear the weight of others' pain without breaking. I have a friend who has had multiple issues in the last year and I told her my mom would be better to talk to and she respects that.

Well I forgot about how at the beginning of each year you have to pay a deductible on your presciptions before they're free. My 2 inhalers are $70 each, plus my endometriosis med is $60 and then my mental health med is $30 so my total came to almost $250 with taxes and fees. I had to put the inhalers back and get the endometriosis meds cause my guts literally die without them. I woke up coughing without my inhaler cause I didn't have any puffs for yesterday. Can I make it a whole week without them? Idk

I got an e-mail saying that they’ll probably be moving forward with someone else for the job I really want. I’m so distraught and discouraged right now. Nothing positive anyone says about the job hunt is actually true. It’s terrible. I’ve applied to over a hundred places probably since I’ve graduated from uni and not one has hired me (besides your typical $10-15/hr menial job). I’ll become homeless once my dad and stepmom die at this point, and they’re already old.

People say the United States is the land of opportunity. More like, The Land Of Getting Rejected From Being Hired Even Though You’re Qualified And Have A Uni Degree Just Because You Have Some Form Of Autism. I swear if enough places reject me I’m just going to leave the U.S. altogether for a country that’s more accepting of people on the spectrum.

On top of all of this I’m one of the few who doesn’t look forward to the weekends because my work keeps scheduling me for early in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, and I am NOT a morning person. I hate being there so much. I think the next time someone talks to me about negative things or is rude to me in a way that has nothing to do with what I’m helping them with, I’m going to file a harassment claim. That, or just threaten to use my martial arts.

Society and people really suck sometimes.

can't help being a little jealous/envious of my girlfriend. while she's out here with my dream job, i'm a useless waste of space with enough anxiety and depression for an entire town.

I got an e-mail saying that they’ll probably be moving forward with someone else for the job I really want. I’m so distraught and discouraged right now. Nothing positive anyone says about the job hunt is actually true. It’s terrible. I’ve applied to over a hundred places probably since I’ve graduated from uni and not one has hired me (besides your typical $10-15/hr menial job). I’ll become homeless once my dad and stepmom die at this point, and they’re already old.

People say the United States is the land of opportunity. More like, The Land Of Getting Rejected From Being Hired Even Though You’re Qualified And Have A Uni Degree Just Because You Have Some Form Of Autism. I swear if enough places reject me I’m just going to leave the U.S. altogether for a country that’s more accepting of people on the spectrum.

On top of all of this I’m one of the few who doesn’t look forward to the weekends because my work keeps scheduling me for early in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, and I am NOT a morning person. I hate being there so much. I think the next time someone talks to me about negative things or is rude to me in a way that has nothing to do with what I’m helping them with, I’m going to file a harassment claim. That, or just threaten to use my martial arts.

Society and people really suck sometimes.
Oh no! I'm sorry, and wish you good luck with other interviews. You deserve a good job <3

284A2C19-B550-4CD4-B73F-25FF97AE5D10.gif

I’m angry
Im still angry

Slept nothing cause my idiot mom decided to watch really late blinking and flashing action shooter movie in the same room where I sleep so I tried telling her to go sleep and turn it off, in the end I literally had to go turn the TV off and yell her off. Like bruh "extrovert and rude with no respect" is the worst personality traits.

I used to be really close with this girl who I no longer see. I’m in no contact with her and I made one effort to reach out. She’s choosing not to reply. I wish I knew why, though. It sucks being left in the unknown, especially since we were close and she is a genuinely nice person. I’m not saying it doesn’t hurt, but it hurts a little less everyday. I think about it less with each day that passes. Progress.

Last edited:
Keep having the same nightmare and it makes me feel really uncomfortable and worried for my relationship 🙄

my aliexpress pokemon stuff arrived much quicker than expected. half hit, half miss. one of the plushies was exactly as i ordered with the right tags and everything. (not bothered if it's bootleg lol. it looks good enough.) the other... was a keychain version of the original. partly my fault because i didn't realize how small 12cm is, partly the seller's fault for deceptive photographs and not mentioning the word keychain anywhere. the figures themselves are fine but their boxes were trashed and falling off at the back lol. submitted a refund for this one because they came in protective packaging and i doubt customs messed them up that badly, so they were likely shipped that way. sucks because i don't want to take my (store bought) flareon out of the box.

might take another stab at that second plush since i've found a listing where it's described as 28cm, which is the actual height. problem is it's only had 14 sales and 1 review, so. big shot in the dark. at least if it's another keychain, i'll (probably) be able to get a refund because the sizes will obviously be different. could get a vaporeon pin for my board in the same order too. idk.

My girlfriend and I had a big fight last night, and I ended up walking home at around 12:30am in temperatures that were probably around 10 degrees Fahrenheit. I made it home at around 2am. I have never been colder in my entire life. She kept insisting that she call a ride for me, but I knew I needed the walk or I would not be able to let go of the negativity. Also, my phone had 8% battery when I left her house, which quickly dropped to 5%, then 3%, then 1% and died. I also took a backwoods trail instead of staying on the road itself. So, there was a point where I was thinking "Hmmm...I could actually freeze to death out here and nobody would find me until morning". So...yeah, that was all very interesting. I bought a bottle of water from Quickchek early on, and it was frozen when I was about halfway home. The water that I was carrying in my hand froze. It was that cold. - The "good" news is, we are in contact and trying to work things out. - The bad news is, things are still very much rocky between us.

i am freezing :( this old house has virtually no insulation. it’s like 12 F outside and i’m under four blankets, a sweater, a jacket. i just want to cry.

Back