• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

The girl that laughed at me last week made a speech about how ableism has affected her friends and partners. She laughed at an autistic person for stimming on camera, but she still acted like she cared about my people’s treatment by society.

I’m used to being treated like a creep for my autistic traits. It’s something I and many other people deal with on a daily basis. In fact I’m more comfortable telling people I’m nonbinary or pansexual than being autistic. The stigma around my disability is that bad. What I’m not used to are hypocrites who claim to care about disability rights, but then treat an autistic person like garbage. It’s not okay and I wish I had the ability to stand up for myself.

It frustrates me to no end that people still do this. I’m sorry you had to deal with that. I used to be too afraid to speak up about my disability, but thanks to becoming more social and taking speech classes as I grew older, I’m not anymore. My mom was someone who touched the hearts of whomever she talked to before she died, and that kind of lives on in me and helps as well.

Nowadays one of the first things I say to new friends, employers, or anyone who wants to associate with me is that I’m autistic. And if they don’t want to associate with me anymore because of it, that’s on them, not me. I don’t like confronting people about some things, but I am not afraid to confront anyone about my disability, because it’s part of who I am. I believe that one day you too can do the same. (y)

I woke up today not feeling too great, I couldn’t force myself to go back to that house. I’m trying not to ruminate, but the more I think about it the more it doesn’t seem right at all. I shouldn’t go into detail, but going there is too hard on my mental health. I need to get out of there even if it means picking up more hours with one of my other clients even if it means I’ll only have one day off.

saw the arceus leaks, and half of the new pokemon forms are so ugly, i'm sobbing. they look like those AI generated pokemon i saw the other week.

saw the arceus leaks, and half of the new pokemon forms are so ugly, i'm sobbing. they look like those AI generated pokemon i saw the other week.
I Agree! While i personally like how growlite looks now, some of the new forms look... wierd and unnatural, especially dialga 🤢

dude the dialga and palkia forms straight up made me 🤮🤮🤮

I Agree! While i personally like how growlite looks now, some of the new forms look... wierd and unnatural, especially dialga 🤢

i know, they're so bad, i was like, "please, say sike-" 😭 😭

the new genie looks like a weird jeffrey star pokesona, and the new sneasel form looks like a terrible fnaf oc with janky proportions. i just-

might have to take my cat to the vet. over the last few days, she's started washing herself a lot more than usual and has relocated herself onto the smaller cat tower downstairs whereas she would usually be at the bottom of my bed or, less frequently, the top of the taller cat tower upstairs. i also discovered a bunch of cuts around the back of her neck and between as well as down the sides of her shoulder blades. (plus what seem like older ones under her chin.) she doesn't go out -- maybe once a week -- since it's winter, and i'm pretty sure none of the other cats are attacking her since we'd hear it, like we usually do when one of the boys occasionally chases her, so i can only assume they're self-inflicted as a result of the washing and scratching. (i also think her back claws might need trimming since you can see them poking out even when they're sheathed.)

i'm not sure what's brought it on tbh. i would've said stress from the kittens if they hadn't been here 5-6 months now and she wasn't generally alright with being in their vicinity. the only thing i can correlate with this behavior is her suddenly staring into a specific spot on my mirror which started around the same time if not just before. we reorganized my vanity, which is what the mirror is on, and she just started sitting up there during all hours of the day (and night, including 4AM) staring into it despite there being nothing in the area she was staring at. sometimes she'd suddenly lick or 'bite' herself and then go back to staring for a bit, rinse and repeat, until she was moved or left. she's stopped doing it now because she's moved downstairs, but i don't know why a mirror of all things would cause this sort of change -- especially since we've had it and the vanity for almost as long as we've had her, although it was usually crowded with my stuff and couldn't be sat on.

I feel you. I really, really hate being ignored. It's my number one pet peeve. There is just no need for it. Like, it doesn't take long to send a reply of any kind. Even if the reply is not one you'd want to hear, it's at least better than nothing.
yeah like at least just say ok or leave thumbs up so we know they read the message

yeah like at least just say ok or leave thumbs up so we know they read the message
Yes! Anything is better than being ignored when it's not warranted. (*obviously, there are situations where it's excused, but those aren't what this is addressing)

went down to make dinner, chopped up the vegetables, rinsed the rice, etc. then when I went to cut up the chicken it smelled a little and looked slightly off.. so now we getting pizza instead.

just hate wasting foooood

So I have this acquaintance (someone that I communicated with in the past and it was a toxic online friendship) who is honestly one of the most toxic person I’ve ever communicated with. What bothers me is that she claims to have all kinds of disabilities she doesn’t actually have to not work. She has applied to disability and hasn’t gotten approved nor will she. She says she can’t work at any type of job because she has depression and “she’s autistic.” I just feel like that’s an excuse? And she has a girlfriend currently who’s providing for her even though she’s 28 years old now, while she’s not doing anything and waiting on disability that isn’t going to come. The thing is, she’s actually not autistic (she told me), but she’s saying she is and trying to fake her way into disability. It’s fraud waiting to happen. I feel like she has self esteem issues and maybe she has depression just because of her past behaviors… but I think faking her way into disability isn’t the answer. I know a lot of people with autism that have jobs and doesn’t let that hinder them. It rubs me the wrong way that she pretends just to get out of work. Honestly surprised she has a girlfriend who is okay with this and providing for her…

There’s other toxic things she’s done, too. This isn’t the first.

So I have this acquaintance (someone that I communicated with in the past and it was a toxic online friendship) who is honestly one of the most toxic person I’ve ever communicated with. What bothers me is that she claims to have all kinds of disabilities she doesn’t actually have to not work. She has applied to disability and hasn’t gotten approved nor will she. She says she can’t work at any type of job because she has depression and “she’s autistic.” I just feel like that’s an excuse? And she has a girlfriend currently who’s providing for her even though she’s 28 years old now, while she’s not doing anything and waiting on disability that isn’t going to come. The thing is, she’s actually not autistic (she told me), but she’s saying she is and trying to fake her way into disability. It’s fraud waiting to happen. I feel like she has self esteem issues and maybe she has depression just because of her past behaviors… but I think faking her way into disability isn’t the answer. I know a lot of people with autism that have jobs and doesn’t let that hinder them. It rubs me the wrong way that she pretends just to get out of work. Honestly surprised she has a girlfriend who is okay with this and providing for her…

There’s other toxic things she’s done, too. This isn’t the first.
people like her ruin it for those of us who actually have disabilities that keep us from being able to work. there are certainly autistic people who are capable of working full-time, but then there are those like myself who could only handle working part-time because full-time work would cause me to have serious mental health issues (regardless of the type of work) and would likely force me to quit. if I manage to get a part-time job I'm gonna try to apply for a supplemental security income to make up for not being able to work full-time.

If she's not working at all and the only excuse she can come up with is faking being disabled then that's pretty sad. cause actually being disabled is not something I would wish upon anyone. it's not fun at all.

on top of being sick now I have really bad cramps and I'm very irritable. guess today just isn't my day 🙃

I'm aromantic, and I'm pretty sure I have some form of undiagnosed autism. I do my best to give comfort and console to anyone going through a break-up, but I have a hard time telling if I'm being insensitive at times

I'm aromantic, and I'm pretty sure I have some form of undiagnosed autism. I do my best to give comfort and console to anyone going through a break-up, but I have a hard time telling if I'm being insensitive at times
I definitely know how you feel, I'm autistic and aro-ace so I basically have no sympathy for people who have relationship problems (because for me relationships tend to be a black-and-white issue, it either works out and you're happy w them or you break up and move on). friends are good for a lot of things but not everything. don't feel bad about drawing your boundaries somewhere in there, and telling them that you can't help them with breakups. I think sometimes your friends just have to be understanding of that and go to someone else for relationship problems.

Last edited:
I'm terrified to death messing up save data transfer, if anyone knows a good non-video guide I'd be grateful, I'd hate to lose my Spla2n/Pokémon games' progress 😭
Post automatically merged:

as someone with asperger, this so much. i mean, obviously there are situations where it might be hard to break up and stuff but yeah people whining he does this, she does that, they do that.. it's like talk to them or leave? but yeah people using one for personal shrink stuff like this big no.

Our school went remote at the first week of semester and I have no idea what I'm doing.
Along with that, my mri is today and I'm really nervous about it just because all the loud noises and such make me ✨claustrophobic✨ which is just my favorite.

Back