• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

My mom thinking Asperger traits can just be changed like that because I told her to chill with her dramatic ****. Like no it's not changeable for me to be that way nor does she need to be a ***** about it.

Everyone around me seems to be having life changing opportunities right now and whilst I'm happy for them their news is rather overwhelming right now to the point where I don't know how to react. 😮‍💨

Woke up with an incredible sense of hopelessness and loneliness and just life fatigue. Feeling physically overweight and overburdened by things out of my control. It probably stems from sleep debt.
I know I am very fortunate to have everything anyone could want, but I don’t feel like I deserve anything right now, and I’m not sure how to resolve this budding depression…
Every day is the same fire fight with house chores, unresponsive coworkers, and demanding children…
1642950335487.png

I’ll probably feel fine in a few hours after some caffeine. Meh.

Last edited:
im concerned that my dog is becoming deaf. for the last few weeks he hasn’t come when i call him and yesterday he bark very minimally when someone knocked on the door. he’s either actually deaf or chooses not to listen to me.

Last edited:
Had a big fight.. maybe not really a fight.. a big bad talk though that left me with a lot of tears and not a lot of sleep. And at this point I just don't know how this can possibly be resolved.

I wish I had work today so I could have that distraction but instead I don't have anything to keep me from just thinking about it the whole day.

so, apparently the pill just doesn't work? either for me in general or this type specifically. not only did i have three periods in one month, with this last one lasting a whole month on its own and just being gross old brown blood for the most part, but it's now rolled into a new period with cramps to boot -- the thing i literally started the pill to avoid. yeah, they're milder, but they still hurt like hell. i'm starting to wish i'd just stuck with the one day a month of total agony instead of this mess. jesus.

My mom thinking Asperger traits can just be changed like that because I told her to chill with her dramatic ****. Like no it's not changeable for me to be that way nor does she need to be a ***** about it.
yeah I hate when people say that traits of aspergers/autism are "bad traits" that need to be worked out, as if they can be lmao 🙄

so, apparently the pill just doesn't work? either for me in general or this type specifically. not only did i have three periods in one month, with this last one lasting a whole month on its own and just being gross old brown blood for the most part, but it's now rolled into a new period with cramps to boot -- the thing i literally started the pill to avoid. yeah, they're milder, but they still hurt like hell. i'm starting to wish i'd just stuck with the one day a month of total agony instead of this mess. jesus.
I feel this. I've been having one like every 2 weeks for a couple of months now and it royally sucks. Mine were so irregular before, so I switched types of hormones, and now they're...sort of regular? but also frequent. My cramps last night were awful.

I feel this. I've been having one like every 2 weeks for a couple of months now and it royally sucks. Mine were so irregular before, so I switched types of hormones, and now they're...sort of regular? but also frequent. My cramps last night were awful.

yeah, when i next see the doctor, i'm going to ask to switch to a different kind and see if that helps, but i'm terrible at taking it around the same time everyday. in the meantime, i'm going to invest in some period underwear since constantly wearing pads is aggravating me 😔

yeah I hate when people say that traits of aspergers/autism are "bad traits" that need to be worked out, as if they can be lmao 🙄
Yeah exactly and the person who says it use lame excuses why THEY can do it...like okay bro that's not how it works...
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if you use combined or the non-combined ones etc. But yeah have a talk with your ob/gyn and maybe there are options. I used the combined ones when I had a bf...for yeah another reason besides not wanting cramps but later on I switched to non-combined and they worked better cause the combined ones stopped working as they should for me.

The non-combined/gestagene only ones mostly works different for most people so yeah next time you go to renew or talk with them, ask if there is anything else they can provide.

Yeah exactly and the person who says it use lame excuses why THEY can do it...like okay bro that's not how it works...
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if you use combined or the non-combined ones etc. But yeah have a talk with your ob/gyn and maybe there are options. I used the combined ones when I had a bf...for yeah another reason besides not wanting cramps but later on I switched to non-combined and they worked better cause the combined ones stopped working as they should for me.

The non-combined/gestagene only ones mostly works different for most people so yeah next time you go to renew or talk with them, ask if there is anything else they can provide.

i'm currently on a progesterone-only brand, so the alternative is either a different progesterone-only brand or switching to a combined pill. i might have to start setting alarms and trying to take it at the same time everyday, but that might be tricky with my abysmal sleep schedule we'll see. every time i try to google the issue, i always get the same unhelpful response about how spotting and/or prolonged periods are common for the first three months. not something they warned me about lmao.

the way i literally can’t do anything without my parents getting upset over it?? like, god forbid i go to my room or lay down or feel unwell. my mother literally told me earlier that i don’t get to have a life of my own or do things i want, and what has she spent her day doing? sleeping. my father says he doesn’t want to be alone with the kittens and look after them, but what does looking after them entail for him? sitting on his ass, watching tv, while he yells at them occasionally. i don’t know what’s more exhausting: their personalities, or the fact that they have absolutely no desire to change whatsoever. they will be ill-tempered, miserable, apathetic people in an unhappy marriage for the rest of their lives because they refuse to change.

and i am tired. i am tired of hearing about my mother’s flaws from my father. i am tired of hearing my father’s flaws from my mother. i am tired of hearing about how they are no longer the same people they were when they got married. i am tired of hearing about how my mother thinks my father is so ill-tempered because he is sexually frustrated (why in god’s name she told me, her daughter, that, i have no idea.). i am tired of hearing about how adopting the kittens was a mistake. i am tired of my parents sacrificing my sleep, my needs and my wants for their own; it’s cool if i don’t sleep as long as they do. it’s cool that i don’t get to eat in peace as long as they do. i’m sick of it. i’m tired of everything being a competition with them; i can’t feel sick because they feel sicker. i can’t be tired because “who isn’t?”. i am sick of being woken up at 6am by my father getting tired of my kitten and throwing her in my room — i love her to pieces, but she gets into everything and i am not alert enough at 6am to look after her and make sure she doesn’t get hurt/into trouble, especially when i’m abruptly awoken at the ass crack of dawn. i’m tired of being woken up by them arguing, also at the ass crack of dawn. god forbid i have my bedroom light on for a second while my door’s open at 2am because somehow it disturbs my father, and yet he has no problem raising his voice before the sun has even risen??

i am this close to barricading my door so that no one can get in. i’m not leaving my room for the rest of the day idc. they can suck it.

see this is the problem when i start reading long, slow-burn fanfics (that are at least 30k words long)
i quite literally cannot stop until i finish it, whenever i put my phone down it's like an itch scratching at the back of my throat asking me what's gonna happen next and it's gonna bother me and of course i pick up my phone to continue reading
man fanfics are a rabbit hole and i should stop falling into them so often

edit: prof gave us 20 mins break and i was initially planning on reading fanfics but then i thought i should start on those liaison responsibilities WOW the world is healing maybe

Last edited:
I’m irritated
This feels awkward saying, but I’m aware that I’m attractive, but I also have body dysmorphia and I’m not comfortable in my own skin I think my nose is too big and my mouth is a bit crooked. That doesn’t mean I’m an insecure not confident person or that I don’t love myself. Also as an artist, I’m well aware of what photos do to your face in that they give you a flipped around version of yourself that you don’t recognize it just makes the flaws you don’t notice normally pop out better. When drawing you get used to the angle you draw in so when you flip your art around it allows you to see and fix mistakes that you missed. Being insecure of a photo and still post it is brave in my eyes and so is admitting your vulnerabilities to others.

why does my grandma have to be so mean sometimes. my mom and i were making cupcakes together and all my grandma does is complain about how we were going to make a mess. i was cleaning up afterwards and emptying the dishwasher and she complains about why can’t we just buy store bought cupcakes instead of making them ourselves and instead of making cupcakes, she should be making actual food. my mom rarely makes dinner because she has a physical disability that resulted from a stroke she had almost 2 years ago, and when she does make dinner (like last week) my grandma complains about that because apparently my mom doesn’t make dinner “correctly.” like what do you want? i’m so tired of all her complaining. i would make dinner myself but my grandma is too paranoid. she thinks that’s i’ll lean on the stove and turn it on accidentally, causing a fire or do something else like that.

Last edited:
the stress of finals mixed with trying to figure out my feelings towards multiple people is so tiring

I’m irritated
This feels awkward saying, but I’m aware that I’m attractive, but I also have body dysmorphia and I’m not comfortable in my own skin I think my nose is too big and my mouth is a bit crooked. That doesn’t mean I’m an insecure not confident person or that I don’t love myself. Also as an artist, I’m well aware of what photos do to your face in that they give you a flipped around version of yourself that you don’t recognize it just makes the flaws you don’t notice normally pop out better. When drawing you get used to the angle you draw in so when you flip your art around it allows you to see and fix mistakes that you missed. Being insecure of a photo and still post it is brave in my eyes and so is admitting your vulnerabilities to others.
Yes, to all of this. I applaud you for saying this and I 100% agree! You are soo pretty and such an amazing artist! 🥰 (I'm the same way, I think I'm pretty too, but my nose is crooked)

I was watching a YouTube video about stereotypes in each state and I started thinking about how unusually nasty people are in here in Oregon. They make comments while you walk down the street, get mad when you don’t hear them, laugh at you when you stutter in public, and ignore you when you ask for directions. It was so weird going to the Midwest and meeting strangers that were actually polite. I’m just so used to people in Oregon being nasty 24/7.

As much as I love the scenery and the bustling nature of Portland, it’s hard to recommend this state sometimes.

Last edited:
me in my last email: hey, don't call me because i can't do phone calls, as you know. if you can't put this in an email, i will come by in person as you suggested.

the therapy lady: calls me unannounced several days later and tells me to answer when i unsurprisingly do not

why
would you do this? especially as someone who knows about mental health and i've told multiple times that phone calls are a huge anxiety trigger for me? oh my god. it woke me up and sent me into a panic attack so bad that i started to get stomach pain and nausea. jesus christ, i'm still struggling to breathe now.

Back