• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

My niece admitted that she doesn’t like me.

I’ve babysat her almost daily since she was 3. This feels like a slap in the face. I would like to blame this due to her going through puberty but idk. Some things are set in stone.

I’ve babysat her almost daily since she was 3. This feels like a slap in the face. I would like to blame this due to her going through puberty but idk. Some things are set in stone.
kids can be vicious little things when it comes to some of the stuff they say, especially when they’re going through puberty. i won’t tell you to not take it personally as i know how hard that is, but i’m sure she didn’t mean it. if you’ve been babysitting her on an almost regular basis since she was 3 years old, then that’s testament to how good of an aunt you are. not a lot of people would be willing to babysit that much, or that often, but i’m sure your niece appreciates it and knows how awesome you are. //virtual hugs

kids can be vicious little things when it comes to some of the stuff they say, especially when they’re going through puberty. i won’t tell you to not take it personally as i know how hard that is, but i’m sure she didn’t mean it. if you’ve been babysitting her on an almost regular basis since she was 3 years old, then that’s testament to how good of an aunt you are. not a lot of people would be willing to babysit that much, or that often, but i’m sure your niece appreciates it and knows how awesome you are. //virtual hugs
Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I do hope that this is just a phase.

So, there’s this girl I used to talk to at work.
(I actually posted about her a few times in here.) We were getting along very well. Things just went south… I know she left right after I took a leave, which I don’t know if I should’ve done? I needed to time away. I just don’t know if that was why she left. A part of me knows that’s the reason. I just need confirmation, I guess?

I also still think about her, even though I know I shouldn’t. It’s only been about three months, and I know she isn’t coming back. I tried reaching out once. I’m not even sure if she saw it or not, but she hasn’t responded. Unfortunately, once is enough for me. It’s just weird to me. To be on good terms and for it to go to nothing.

I’m actually doing well compared to how it would have been a few years ago. I’m not depressed or crying over her. I’m not constantly reaching out to her. I actually haven’t even asked her brother about her in over a month despite working with him a lot. It makes me happy to see how much control I actually have. I still think about her, but just a little bit less everyday. I need to forget about her completely, but I don’t know if I will? I keep seeing reminders of her without even trying. Heck, even her name got brought up in the latest episode of my favorite show. It’s definitely all a coincidence, right?

What’s bothering me, though? The fact that I have her one of her social media profiles in a tab on my phone. The fact that I refresh it because I want to see how she’s doing? Not constantly. Just once or twice a day… I reached a new level of stalker. I know I could easily just close that tab and no harm done, but a part of me just still cares about her. I know she doesn’t care about me, though. Otherwise, she would’ve reached out to me. I’m just confused with the whole situation. Is she mad at me that I left? I’d be mad too. I think I made a mistake, but is it really a mistake? It’s what I wanted at the time. I planned to take a longer leave (the whole winter). I just returned early because of her. She was in a bad situation at the time with an abusive boyfriend and I was worried. After returning, I never actually saw her again. Getting close with coworkers never ends well. Just filled with emotions over this...

I don’t know why I visit that awful town I used to live in (other than the fact my birth mom misses me). Yesterday I caught one of my high school bullies following me and I yelled at him to quit stalking me. Today his friends said he would hurt me. This isn’t the first time either. They said if I ever write about someone based on my abusive ex he’d hurt me too. Considering the fact he killed my dog I’m this very seriously. I wish I had proof to tell the police. These people have gotten away with making my life miserable for nearly six years. I should be allowed to see my family without getting threats.

It is almost a rite of passage for (pre-)teens to go through a phase where they hate their parents while figuring out their own identities. It sounds like you've been another guardian in her life, so it's not strange that this would extend to you as well. It won't be personal, even if she makes it seem that way. She'll come around eventually.

can't believe I live with parents who insist on owning 6 cats and yet either can't clean litter boxes or straight up refuse to do it 🙃
(I haven't been doing it bc I've been battling severe depression forever and it's really difficult to do anything, much less keep litter boxes clean)

this **** is about to turn me into a dog person lol

girlfriend's lump is thankfully just an abscess, but i'm a little annoyed that the hospital isn't seeing her for it until monday. her doctor said it looks like it could burst any day, which could cause an infection, and yet she's being made to wait almost a week to have it drained. that's insane to me. i know the NHS is on its knees, especially with covid, but even so. it's not like they don't operate on weekends.

I still play my 3DSXL regularly, it's easily one of my favorite game consoles (along with the N64 and Wii) so I'm pretty bummed to hear they're shutting down the eshop. I still play Nintendo Badge Arcade everyday and I guess after a certain point I won't be able to buy plays anymore (which isn't a huge issue but they only give out about 3-4 plays per day). the day they shut down online servers will be really upsetting for me.

I came this👌 close to actually feeling okay and going to bed problem-free but nope, my body's like "hey it's time for a headache yay!!" like really bruh 🙃
sad

i just know they’re going to shut down the online servers for 3Ds/Wii U games next if they haven’t announced that already. the 3Ds was the greatest console i have ever owned imo, i also had good memories with the Wii U too.
I still play my Wii U and 3DS almost every day. SOOOOO many great games. The 3ds and Wii U have so much charm and GREAT games!!! I will never forget them! If you did not know I don't like alot of stuff that Nintendo does with the switch. I have been going on eBay and Mercari and buying a ton of 3DS & Wii U games so that I can get them before people start selling them for alot.

Just tested positive for Covid 🥺
my recommendation is to treat it like influenza. just rest, stay hydrated, also make sure you have some decongestant like Mucinex. take it easy! hoping you get well soon ☺
Post automatically merged:

I still play my Wii U and 3DS almost every day. SOOOOO many great games. The 3ds and Wii U have so much charm and GREAT games!!! I will never forget them! If you did not know I don't like alot of stuff that Nintendo does with the switch. I have been going on eBay and Mercari and buying a ton of 3DS & Wii U games so that I can get them before people start selling them for alot.
I also greatly prefer the aesthetic of the 3ds and Wii U over the Switch. I don't even really ever play my Wii U but it's so much more charming than the Switch, which to me is just like another boring corporate machine. if Nintendo would at least put themes and possibly also badges on the Switch it would be more aesthetically appealing to me.

there are some 3ds games I still need like A Link Between Worlds so I may try to get them soon.

Guys you just don't print the label and then cba dropping it off, like at least state on your page smh.

Just tested positive for Covid 🥺
What a bummer. I experienced it myself a few weeks ago and it wasn't fun. :( Praying for you that it doesn't get any worse! If you're having a headache, drink some Tylenol and take a rest. I hope you recover quickly, Roxxy. 💙

Storm Eunice is hitting the UK tomorrow and where I live is in the red zone for the worst of the severe gale force winds. I won’t lie I’m pretty nervous about it kicking off tomorrow morning. I’m preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. The next 24 hours are going to be interesting to say the least. 😳

Storm Eunice is hitting the UK tomorrow and where I live is in the red zone for the worst of the severe gale force winds. I won’t lie I’m pretty nervous about it kicking off tomorrow morning. I’m preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. The next 24 hours are going to be interesting to say the least. 😳
Take care, I’m uk too 💜 Luckily?? With Covid I don’t need to go out. Every cloud ☁️

i hope you feel better soon, love. make sure to get lots of rest and take care of yourself. 💜
Wish I could, son has same and looking after my beautiful mum who has dementia. This disease is too cruel. I’m honestly done atm 🥲

Thank you so much, honestly can’t believe anyone cares enough to respond. I hate complaining, @Foreverfox @xSuperMario64x and @Shellzilla_515 ❤️ I am so grateful for your kindness and support 💞 UK here so I will look for similar medicine 💜 (paracetamol and Vicks Vapour rub 😂)

Last edited:
im already dreading about going to art class tomorrow.. i hate it there.

Back