• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

experiencing another random eczema breakout. it's weird since i don't have eczema and don't really have a history of it either aside from a similar breakout earlier this year and maybe some when i was a little kid. my arms (elbow to wrist) have gone all scaly/rough, and my left arm is worse with red spots and rashes and slight bleeding where there's a particularly scaly patch. rip. wish i knew what's causing it.
I used to be friends with someone on a forum for Avatar the last Airbender. She used to get outbreaks of eczema whenever she would eat a lot of sugary foods. Like excessively sugary foods. The first time she mentioned it, I was concerned, until she mentioned it was because she ate all of the sweets leftover from her sibling's sleepover.

Figured I'd throw that out there. Who knows, maybe it could help you narrow it down.

I used to be friends with someone on a forum for Avatar the last Airbender. She used to get outbreaks of eczema whenever she would eat a lot of sugary foods. Like excessively sugary foods. The first time she mentioned it, I was concerned, until she mentioned it was because she ate all of the sweets leftover from her sibling's sleepover.

Figured I'd throw that out there. Who knows, maybe it could help you narrow it down.
probably not sugar. i don't eat sweets, really, as much as i would like to. mostly just chocolate and crisps, but i've been doing that for a long while. my mom says she hasn't changed the detergent or anything. i've heard someone say it can be caused by stress, but i don't feel particularly stressed right now -- this time last week, definitely, but this flare-up only started, like, this morning. it's weird. maybe it just happens because i have a family history of eczema. who knows.

@daringred_ I figured it wasn't that, but it didn't hurt to suggest it. Maybe if it keeps spiking try seeing if any of your eating habits (or other daily habits) could cause it by stopping them for a bit of time. Of course, you don't have to. It's only a suggestion.

it's kinda sad when I get jealous of tv/cartoon characters who identify as boys/men and are referred to that way. I guess I'm tired of being misgendered so much. I don't want to change who I am or my outward expression, but I just want to be seen for who I really am 😞

also saw a pic on pinterest that hits way too close to home, especially since i just made a post earlier resenting the time that my dad comes home today
e705873e6f741abd77b2d4b9be1edf80.jpg

Post automatically merged:

@daringred_ I figured it wasn't that, but it didn't hurt to suggest it. Maybe if it keeps spiking try seeing if any of your eating habits (or other daily habits) could cause it by stopping them for a bit of time. Of course, you don't have to. It's only a suggestion.
might be worth noting that I've had eczema for most of my life, and it doesn't flare up often but when it does it's usually caused by stress or prolonged exposure to UV rays (sunlight). eczema can be caused by almost anything honestly, not just reactions to foods.

maybe it just happens because i have a family history of eczema.
Hi! I’m not a licensed doctor or anything, but a strong family history of eczema (or other atopic diseases like asthma, allergies) can be the main reason for your eczema! My family has a history of asthma, and my mom in particular has really bad allergies, both rhinitis and dermatitis. I don’t have as bad of symptoms as my mom, but I do get runny noses and itchy skin on certain days and I can only assume it’s a family thing.

That or maybe you’ve come into contact with a normal irritant like certain chemicals or something. But since you have a family history and a childhood history of eczema, I‘m inclined to believe it‘s something with your genes. ^^

sorry i just thought i’d share my 2 cents as someone who just rotated in dermatology like 2 months ago LOL

Hi! I’m not a licensed doctor or anything, but a strong family history of eczema (or other atopic diseases like asthma, allergies) can be the main reason for your eczema! My family has a history of asthma, and my mom in particular has really bad allergies, both rhinitis and dermatitis. I don’t have as bad of symptoms as my mom, but I do get runny noses and itchy skin on certain days and I can only assume it’s a family thing.

That or maybe you’ve come into contact with a normal irritant like certain chemicals or something. But since you have a family history and a childhood history of eczema, I‘m inclined to believe it‘s something with your genes. ^^

sorry i just thought i’d share my 2 cents as someone who just rotated in dermatology like 2 months ago LOL

huh. genes really do be weird. it might even explain why i seem to have asthma without... actually having asthma. (well, i've never officially been diagnosed, but i was once prescribed an inhaler that seemed to help. might ask my new doctor about it lol.) i think my brother said he had a bout of eczema a week or so ago, so you're probably right about it being down to family history. unfortunately the best i can do about it is put on some regular moisturizing skin cream since nobody knows where the E45 is rip. at least it's not itching now though!

It really bothers me when some people assume what your problem is and they say things like "Oh if I was you I would've done this" like that is just assuming stuff and not fully understanding what the real problem is. I had to deal with people who gave me unsolicited advice in my life and it just did nothing but damage me. They don't understand depression so well, they don't how it feels like to be abused, and they also don't understand how it feels when your problems are ignored and you are treated like you are being crazy.

Its something that really got to me and I avoided asking for help, but if there is anything my aunt told me is this "People these days have a hard time understanding a person's life because you are a stranger to them, not because there is anything wrong with them, but that is just how human nature sees. Sadly its hard to find those people who would actually listen to where you are coming from and you need someone like a therapist to listen to what your problem actually is instead of random strangers who don't know better".

i never fully understood what gaslighting felt like until i got into a fight with my mom earlier. she showed me what gaslighting was and it mentally damaged me. she started putting words in my mouth when all i wanted was a proper conversation. she has anger management issues and continuously misplaces her anger and manipulates me instead of being someone who i can properly reason with. i was so exhausted.

also, my mom slut shamed me too. it took me a few seconds to register her comment because i didn't understand it. yikes

anyway, i feel okay now, im genuinely numb and i can't care anymore. im tired of trying to always reason with her.

bruh what 💀

I have at least like 4 drawing ideas right now and I literally have no time or energy to do any of them rip
I don't know what they would be referring to in the movie. It raises questions I'm not sure I want answered. Also that critic's twitter is gone.
Post automatically merged:

i never fully understood what gaslighting felt like until i got into a fight with my mom earlier. she showed me what gaslighting was and it mentally damaged me. she started putting words in my mouth when all i wanted was a proper conversation. she has anger management issues and continuously misplaces her anger and manipulates me instead of being someone who i can properly reason with. i was so exhausted.

also, my mom slut shamed me too. it took me a few seconds to register her comment because i didn't understand it. yikes

anyway, i feel okay now, im genuinely numb and i can't care anymore. im tired of trying to always reason with her.
Have you seen Disney's Tangled?

Man I am sorry that happened to you. I know what it feels like to be "gaslighted" because I've dealt with it myself and it really affects your mental health. I had friends who did that to me and some of my family members also. So I know what it feels like to be numb which is how I've been feeling lately.

I love my new VR headset, but using it for a long period of time gives me nasty headaches and a small existential crisis. I’ll have to be more careful in the future.

I got an Excellent Curveball Throw just now. On a ****ing Golbat. And I'm not even at that stage yet, it won't show up until next week because current tasks is spinning PokéStops x days in a row. I really hope this is gonna count or I truly give up or just bribe someone who could help me.

I need Poppy back! She was my only villager who read books outside.
This has been bothering me since I let her go for Ione. 😭

I need another reader on my island.

sigh. it's the one day a week my nan visits. i go downstairs to spend time with her. my brother calls wanting to be picked up because he thinks our family is a taxi service, so she leaves to get him. lo and behold, they return with his girlfriend in tow, so i've just gone back upstairs. i'm getting real tired of her encroaching on my life and being able to spend time with my family. he spends all his time with her as is, so there's no "oh, well he wants to spend time with his girlfriend" excuse either.

big mood. just hit raikou with a golden razzberry and great curveball shot with an ultra ball. still escaped smh.
ugh i'm sorry :( yeah the rng is so bad sometimes, especially if one does remote it seems.

got one lugia and one ho-oh but yeah really wanted dogs D:

I need an ungodly amount of sugar rn I am just so tired. I've been tired all week but today more so than usual. My body is craving one of those fancy bakery cake slices with all the expensive stuff on it like ganache and chocolate pieces and all the chocolate fixings.

But I have nothing like that around here so this shake frappe thing will have to do.

Back