• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

This rant probably won’t make any sense to anyone who hasn’t tried to learn Japanese, but I need this off my chest.

I watched a YouTuber speak advanced Japanese and I don’t think I’ll ever reach his level, at least not with speaking. He was using pitch accent, which is where the pitch of your voice goes up and down depending on the word. Sometimes the pitch accent varies depending on which dialect you’re speaking or which particle follows the word. Every time I hear someone try to explain this on a word to word basis it goes right over my head. I understand this on a literal level, but I can’t actually remember any of the specific pronunciations for the words. At my previous college I actually got penalized often because I wasn’t doing pitch accent during script repeating sessions. I just gave up after a while.

At my current college my professor only brought up the concept once. She claimed pitch accent wasn’t required for actual conversations. As a result I’ve been able to do pretty well in the class. The problem is I now have this constant nagging voice that says my pitch accent is off. I know sounding like a native is less important than actually understanding the language, but seeing these fluent speakers use perfect pitch accent makes me feel inadequate.

I used to think kanji would be the most irritating part of the language, but this takes the cake.

In Georgia, USA our Gas Prices are around $3.80 like sheesh I might have to cut down on road trips because of this. This is ridiculous!

Yeah, unfortunately it's gotten crazy high basically everywhere. I saw yesterday that California was over $5.00 US a gallon. Parts of Canada have already hit over/are about to hit $2.00 CAN a litre ($5.96 US a gallon when converted). Canada has always been more expensive when it comes to gas overall, but regardless of where you are it's high for basically everyone compared to the past.

in speaking of gas prices, every single time im with my dad and someone mentions gas prices he says some **** like "thanks sleepy creepy Beijing biden" like bruh that's getting so old, it wasn't even funny the first time and now every time he says it I can't help but cringe.

on a somewhat more lighthearted note I really hope I find someone gracious enough to sell me a love potion, I would owe them my life 😔😔

What's bothering me currently is the weather outside. It's dark gloomy and misty. It's affecting my mood and making me feel moody. I just want it to be summer so I can feel less like a sad sack. Plus summer=no school. And no school=more video games.

Update: So they ended up sending with FedEx which is like the worst option available since they claimed they couldn't unpack and let me do two packages. So I just hope it ends up well now... I put for driver's instructions my main door code and that they can leave it in the stairway should no one be home...so yeah hope it gets here.

been waiting a bit for a thomas seller to respond, it was a once in a lifetime deal and..."sorry man it got sold"

Twitter kids not bothering to read whole context about stuff they speak their mind on like.. if they'd actually bother to read actual stuff they'd probably shut up lol..where are their parents? Someone shut down twitter now lol (on a general term, so many annoying people on all topics like.. why).

Also these creme brulees you have to heat up before eating on the oven.. like can i just eat it?

my tomy layout + train table, one leg fell off of the table which caused half of my 30 piece layout to crumble
doesnt sound like a lot but it just angers me

on a somewhat more lighthearted note I really hope I find someone gracious enough to sell me a love potion, I would owe them my life 😔😔
i feel you 🥺🖤 i took a break for a few days to come to terms with it. maybe they will be rereleased next year or something and we can have another chance.. i hope lol
Post automatically merged:

lost a pet today, really sad but trying to keep it from distracting me
im so sorry for your loss tokki 🖤

lost a pet today, really sad but trying to keep it from distracting me
I’m really sorry to hear that. It’s definitely hard to lose a loved one. :( All the hugs for you.

We’ve got our first individual OPD exposure next week and idk how to feel about it. I’m excited to be able to finally handle patients irl, but also scared I’ll mess up esp. when I report to the residents after LOL. I’ll just try to prep the best I can over the weekend ig
Also why do we have a to-be-announced lecture later in the afternoon 😭 it wasn’t endorsed the day before and i already had plans after 3 pm hngh. Why’d they announce it only on the day itself 😩

What everyone wants to hear. “Sorry, we’re currently out of the meds that you rely on to function properly, not sure when they’ll be back in stock, have a nice day.”

It's kind of sad that I'm so used to my friend being unreliable and flaky that when we (used very loosely) make plans, I just assume it's not going to happen. Even if the 'plans' were suggested a moment ago lol.

Back