• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

i'm genuinely so mad right now. my dad just straight up let my cat out because he couldn't be bothered to take five seconds to use his damn eyes and double-check it wasn't our older outdoor cat, and then they scared her up onto the next door neighbor's garden shed, and she's gone garden hopping. there's no way to go looking for her because the back gardens are all back-to-back here. i don't know where she is or if she's even going to come back in one shape, let alone at all, and i'm already stressed out of my mind because of other stuff. i genuinely hate how they treat this indoor cat stuff like a joke. my mom's constantly saying stuff like, "let her be free" etc. and taking her out sans lead and even harness without informing me only to then complain when she jumps into our neighbors' gardens and sends me over to get her back. like, i spent all this time 'training' her to be comfortable with her harness/lead and stay in our own garden, and they constantly make the effort null by letting her out 'naked' and even unsupervised sometimes.

I'm trying to watch Poofesure's new video, but my parents are arguing and blaring music, so I can hardly hear the video and enjoy myself. And speaking of, I'm so sick of my parents trailing after me all the time. Y'know, like by going into the kitchen or living room to watch Poofesure with me, or by staying upstairs while I'm supposed to be asleep so I can't do anything. It makes me very uncomfortable, but not like they care or anything. :cautious:

I'm trying to watch Poofesure's new video, but my parents are arguing and blaring music, so I can hardly hear the video and enjoy myself. And speaking of, I'm so sick of my parents trailing after me all the time. Y'know, like by going into the kitchen or living room to watch Poofesure with me, or by staying upstairs while I'm supposed to be asleep so I can't do anything. It makes me very uncomfortable, but not like they care or anything. :cautious:
I know how you feel about the trailing part. My mom would do this to me a lot before she and my dad separated (now I live with my dad). She would barge into my room a lot for no reason, and it would take forever for her to leave sometimes.

I value my alone time and my mom is very extroverted, so you can see how that clashed. .-.

I have no idea why I’m getting good grades in my Japanese 102 class. I don’t know how to make studying a habit and I barely understand the material we’re learning. Conjugating verbs in a second language is one of my weak points. I can’t keep up with all of the new vocabulary either. I only have the motivation to do my flashcards every 4 days or so.

I feel like a break from this class for the Spring and Summer would help me, but I’m very fond of my study group and professor. It wouldn’t be hard to keep my skills though. Even when I took my 2 year break from seriously studying I still remembered everything (that was mostly thanks to my flashcards though).

I know how you feel about the trailing part. My mom would do this to me a lot before she and my dad separated (now I live with my dad). She would barge into my room a lot for no reason, and it would take forever for her to leave sometimes.
my dad is just like this. he's also extremely nosy, has to know exactly what I'm doing at all times. like if I get a package in the mail he has to know what it is, if I don't tell him he gets mad. and when I'm watching a video and he just barges in my room I close out of it briefly and he'll say something like "what were you watching", ive had to learn to say "that's not really any of your business". like I guarantee he would be less than pleased if he knew I binge watch Poofesure lol, not that it's his business anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
something has been bothering me a lot for like a month now. I may have mentioned it in here before but I gotta say it again. about a month ago I went to an official visitation for the youth group which I was a member of for just about 10 years and im still active in as an adult. at some point during our car ride I was talking with one of the adults who has known for forever, and I was talking about struggling finding a job. when I told her that I can't work full time she said "oh I think you'd be able to work full time."

as a kid I was reeeeeeally good at hiding my disability and I learned to just kinda brush it off as something unimportant. but as an adult I can't do that anymore, it's so detrimental to my mental health to understand my needs and limitations. these people who remember child me so well aren't fully aware that I'm actually disabled (bc people like to be like "autism isn't a disability, it's a different ability" as if having a disability is inherently bad). I just hate when people say stuff like that bc it means they have such high expectations for me and I'm basically living to disappoint them.

to be fair, I was kinda out of the loop when I entered college. but from going to college for 4 years I learned that I have to be stern in setting boundaries for myself. I pushed myself despite my limitations/needs and it led to me having extreme burnout and terrible dysthymia. working full time is basically the same deal and I really don't want to feel that way again. I think I can handle working part time, but full time is a no go from me.

I think I wish that when I tell people "I can't work full time" that they would just take my word for it. I know my limits better than anyone else, and I'm definitely not saying that bc "I'm too lazy to work". I legitimately just can't work full time. it would destroy my mental health and, in turn, my physical health as well. I really just need people to believe me and know I'm not making excuses.

tl;dr ableism sucks

also why the heck is wii party $40+?? I've been watching Poofesure play it a lot and despite being frustrating it also looks like a ton of fun (I'm a big fan of Mario Party as well). I just want to buy this game why does it need to cost so much 😞

my head hurts, my helix piercing is irritated, i've spent a lot of money today, i'm a little bloated, my friend isn't talking to me, i'm tired but i can't sleep. i feel like everything is just giving me the middle finger today.

also why the heck is wii party $40+?? I've been watching Poofesure play it a lot and despite being frustrating it also looks like a ton of fun (I'm a big fan of Mario Party as well). I just want to buy this game why does it need to cost so much 😞
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. I have the game and it's very fun, so I think buying it would be worth it. And another Poofesure fan, I see.

My brother is driving me crazy, though I wish I didn't snap at him immediately. And I think that Poofesure mayyy have influenced my language, because my brother got in my way and I said: "EXCUSE ****ING ME, YOU ***HOLE!!" I need to watch my language. :[

you guys talking abt poofesure makes me happy bc i’ve been watching his videos since 2019 😭 i find him so hilarious

also my period literally sucks, i took pain meds for my cramps and they still will not go away if anything they feel worse?? 😞

I'm tired of doing my school work. It's so many. Worst, I need to pass it tomorrow morning.
Post automatically merged:

I like semi twisted my injured ankle because I stood on something and boy did it hurt 😭
I can imagine the pain 😔 I hope your ankle feels better soon 😔

I feel like I’m putting more effort into a certain friendship lately. We used to be kinda close. I’m not sure what happened, although I have a hunch. It m’s only been one day. Maybe something is just bothering her and it’s nothing? I’m just scared of pushing people away. It happens whenever I become close to someone because I’m afraid of losing them.

Edit: Turns out I may have been overthinking it. She messaged me this morning being extremely sweet. Probably just a bad day.

Last edited:
Really wish that person on neopets could reply properly, like just tell me if you don't want my offers rather than "looking for others but still considering yours" for days. I could very well use that FFQ to help another person or just get a pet myself with it. I get they are different timezone but it's not GMT+14 or whatever.

Yesterday, I dreamed about the personal apology I'm gonna do soon to my IRL BFF...

I might call it a nightmare because, in the dream, she didn't accept my apology and said "I was faking getting along with you in our chats and I even wished that we didn't become besties in the first place." Then when the teacher called her onto the stage, she announced that I "betrayed" her 1 year ago even if I didn't. Then everyone in the venue turned against me then throw things at me because of that lie...

Then I woke up and run into the bathroom and cried quietly. (This happened today.)

i'm genuinely so mad right now. my dad just straight up let my cat out because he couldn't be bothered to take five seconds to use his damn eyes and double-check it wasn't our older outdoor cat, and then they scared her up onto the next door neighbor's garden shed, and she's gone garden hopping. there's no way to go looking for her because the back gardens are all back-to-back here. i don't know where she is or if she's even going to come back in one shape, let alone at all, and i'm already stressed out of my mind because of other stuff. i genuinely hate how they treat this indoor cat stuff like a joke. my mom's constantly saying stuff like, "let her be free" etc. and taking her out sans lead and even harness without informing me only to then complain when she jumps into our neighbors' gardens and sends me over to get her back. like, i spent all this time 'training' her to be comfortable with her harness/lead and stay in our own garden, and they constantly make the effort null by letting her out 'naked' and even unsupervised sometimes.
I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this. Hoping that you found her or that she has come back now or soon! I know how frustrating it can be to train a pet or just about anything and have other knuckleheads undo all that hard work. I have two cats that I am trying to train right and also one that seems nervous around the other and seemingly not eating/looking rather skinny for their age. But each day I try to work to amending this, it's all undone by my sister who comes uninvited with her hellion children. And I'm just 'supposed to laugh when they torment my cats and break my stuff because kids will be kids?' And therefore stressing out the one cat that keeps picking fights with the other. I had to change my locks because they don't respect me.

Back