What's Bothering You?

crappy sleep T0T was totally wiped by 10PM, and i knew it was too early and i'd only wake up at 1AM, but i went to bed early. lo and behold, i'm up at 1AM and can't get back to sleep. ugggghhh why is my brain obsessed with being awake at night !!

I noticed that with all of my friendships, I seem to be putting more effort in than the other person. I wish I was better at keeping it more equal, but I’m not sure how I’d even go about that. I feel like I’m bothering people every time but I reach out them. Not all the time, but occasionally it does cross my time. Most of the time, it turns out to be okay and it was all in my head. I might just go to sleep and sleep this off.

crappy sleep T0T was totally wiped by 10PM, and i knew it was too early and i'd only wake up at 1AM, but i went to bed early. lo and behold, i'm up at 1AM and can't get back to sleep. ugggghhh why is my brain obsessed with being awake at night !!
I have the same problem. Not the exact time, but I need to fix my sleep schedule. You should definitely try to get at least 4-6 hours of sleep. 7-8 is ideal. I know with me it's going to take some time for my internal alarm clock to adjust to a better schedule. It doesn't happen overnight and may take a week or more for me to get used to 6-7 hours of sleep.

I noticed that with all of my friendships, I seem to be putting more effort in than the other person. I wish I was better at keeping it more equal, but I’m not sure how I’d even go about that. I feel like I’m bothering people every time but I reach out them. Not all the time, but occasionally it does cross my time. Most of the time, it turns out to be okay and it was all in my head. I might just go to sleep and sleep this off.
I feel this. With some of my friends if I didn't put as much effort in than nothing would happen and we'd never do anything. I eventually let some of them go since it was so one-sided and I always left with a negative feeling. Which should not be the case when spending time with someone you want to call your friend.

I'm sure your friends don't mind about helping you out, listening, and being there when you need it. That's what part of being a friend is also about.

I can relate. I realized at some point that I should just stop putting in too much effort, and wait for them to do something. If they reach out to me, good. If they don’t, they seemingly don’t want to spend time with me. I have a friend that I met some months ago, and I was her only friend in town for a while (she moved), but then she found other people she’s more interested in. She’s not showing any interest in me anymore, and so I stopped thinking about her and showing interest in her. I used to have a very one-sided friendship, and it ruined me at the time. I get attached to people quickly, so as soon as I notice the friendship is one-sided, I end it to not have trouble doing that later.

I think current events are heightening my fear of pregnancy
Maybe my fear of something happening that would lead to that is irrational, but damn
Having parents that see stuff like that as "A gift from God" that someone has to make the most out of sure doesn't help lmao

I woke up at 4:40 this morning, and I saw this as my golden opportunity to wake up so I can watch a bit of Poofesure. Unfortunately, I fell back asleep and probably have time for just one video. :[

I think current events are heightening my fear of pregnancy
Maybe my fear of something happening that would lead to that is irrational, but damn
Having parents that see stuff like that as "A gift from God" that someone has to make the most out of sure doesn't help lmao
Not sure if it helps at all, but I don’t think you are being irrational at all.

As someone who has been pregnant before, and plans to try and be pregnant again, it is really scary to me too.

There’s certain states in the US I definitely won’t be going to, because they just won’t be able to properly treat me if I become pregnant with a wanted pregnancy, if something should go wrong (a woman in Texas had to be airlifted out of the state because she was having a miscarriage and it went badly, but the doctor’s didn’t know if it was legal to save her life - because the procedure is the same as an abortion. And they arrested a woman that had a late miscarriage, based on no actual existing law - just because they suspected her of having an abortion and so charged her under no law)

And pregnancy, in much of the US at least is extremely dangerous (we have a very high maternal mortality rate - 3x that of the UK for example, and worst among industrialized nations, and some states are much worse than the US on average) and can have a lot of detrimental health effects that last for life.

Sorry, I don’t mean to make it seem more scary. But this has turned into my what is bothering me. And this all is bothering me a lot lately too. (Yesterday politicians in multiple states even mentioned that banning plan b, birth control pills, or even condoms was also on the table. there have also been politicians saying they want to go from this to allowing states to once again ban gay marriage and interracial marriage). And I wonder if we will have to move to a new country to find a safe place to raise my daughter. I don’t want to leave my home, but I feel like I can’t risk my daughter and her future. And it is pretty scary.

I usually work on cross stitches when I'm helping w these concerts bc as the stage master I spend a lot of time sitting between pieces, waiting to open and close doors and whatever else. but today I somehow don't have my pin cushion so despite having everything I need for cross stitching I don't have any needles at all and I'm pretty upset abt that.

I guess when they go on break I can run to the dollar store and get some sewing needles. I still don't know how I managed to take out the pin cushion and leave everything else in the bag. I just assumed everything would be in there since it looked like it was all there 🤦

in the meantime I have nothing to do but do stuff on my phone and I hate being on my phone constantly.

One of my online friends is being creepy. They keep telling me that they want to see my brother's face, and eventually I told my brother about it. He said no, and I reported it back. Despite that, my friend keeps being persistent. They also called my brother hot and implied that they wanted to date him.

One of my online friends is being creepy. They keep telling me that they want to see my brother's face, and eventually I told my brother about it. He said no, and I reported it back. Despite that, my friend keeps being persistent. They also called my brother hot and implied that they wanted to date him.
i reccomend you ghost/ignore them. internet safety is really important and teenagers are highly susceptible to dangerous/creepy people. be careful <3

upon closer examination of my cross stitch kit, I fear that I've put colors in the wrong places. specifically, I have multiple "gold" and "rust" colors, and I think I have some of them mixed up bc they're so similar and the kit itself doesn't give any indication of what color is actually what, they expect you to just be able to sort the threads by color yourself. I can't restart bc I've already poured about 5-6 hours into this kit.

I mean I think the cross stitch will still turn out okay but ugh this is so frustrating 🤦‍♂️ ig that's what I get for paying $4 for a cross stitch kit lol. I'll be more careful with my color sorting next time.

I had a pretty bad day at school today. :(

Also, it's really hot. It's 24 degrees Celsius! And it's May too, I can only imagine what summer will be like. I'm guessing 30+ degrees or even 40+.

Back