• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

I should've chose a much cooler day to clean my room. Sweating buckets here!

I need a break from the Internet. I'm rotting my brain with Friday Night Funkin' music, Animal Crossing fanfiction, and YouTubers playing Wii Sports. I really need to focus on my schoolwork and myself. But I don't think I'm ready to give that up yet...

I'm also tired of my friends and family making assumptions like "you're so skinny" and "you have no stretch marks". I hide my fat with baggy clothes and I have stretch marks on my hips. I don't get it. A few months ago I claimed that I didn't care about what people think of me, but now I'm being self-conscious about my weight.
I know it might not be what you want to hear, and I can’t see how skinny or not skinny you really are, but it’s normal to weigh a little more at the age of 15. Also, 112 pounds objectively aren’t much (I know cause I am pretty small and weigh around 110). I was a little chubby during puberty, but then I grew and was really skinny again. Stretch marks are perfectly normal as well. I have some, too. Don’t stress yourself too much about your weight, as long as you aren’t unhealthily overweight.

My parents are talking about k***ing one of the stray cats that have been coming up. I've made a bond with him, too. His name is Floof and he's just now starting to trust me. My parents say we have too many cats now and we need to "get rid" of him. Take him to the shelter like a ****ing decent human being. There's no need to hurt a cat just because he's hanging around and trying to survive. I'm actually on the verge of tears right now because I can't believe they seriously have that mindset. I love every cat that I meet and the thought of one dying hurts my heart.

one of my two jobs must attract the most vile people on the planet to work for them ever. i literally have to just bite my tongue when i'm working there and not say anything to ANYONE because everyone loves to run their mouth about every little thing you do. i swear if i have to listen to one more coworker complain about another coworker and expect me to take part in their gossip i'm gonna lose it.

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd be mortified if my parents even mentioned it. I know that I can't be of much help, but is there anything you could do about the situation? Adopt the cat, send it to a shelter, something?
-----
I was in a really bad mood today, so I took out my anger on my family pretty much. But what irks me is that my dad thinks I'm acting this way because of Poofesure, which I find very ludicrous. He threatened to put Parental Controls or whatever on YouTube so I don't get to watch his videos. Okay, I get that my parents don't like him, but I do. I feel like a lot of parents have that mindset. "My child isn't acting right because of X reasons, let me blame it on something totally illogical and somehow take it away from them." I'm acting this way not because of some YouTuber, it's my family. They piss me off so much. And taking something away I enjoy isn't gonna help. I don't know what my dad is up to, but I'm very nervous because I don't wanna be forced to stop watching one of my favorite YouTubers...

I'm also mad about what my dad said when I accidentally cut myself with the potato peeler: "Did you actually get hurt, or are you just overreacting like usual?" Ugh.

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd be mortified if my parents even mentioned it. I know that I can't be of much help, but is there anything you could do about the situation? Adopt the cat, send it to a shelter, something?
I've tried telling them to stop thinking about it multiple times. My dad gives me the ol "we're just joking" card. I know for a fact they're dead serious about it. I'm probably going to get him maybe tomorrow and take him to a shelter myself. If they're not going to have the decency to do it, I might as well. A huge factor in the whole ordeal is that he isn't fixed, and neither is my cat, Rosie. They're afraid they'll keep having kittens together, and they just don't want dozens of little kittens roaming around. It's either I pay to get them both fixed or take Floof to the shelter. There's also the other possible solution, but I'm not allowing that.

I've tried telling them to stop thinking about it multiple times. My dad gives me the ol "we're just joking" card. I know for a fact they're dead serious about it. I'm probably going to get him maybe tomorrow and take him to a shelter myself. If they're not going to have the decency to do it, I might as well. A huge factor in the whole ordeal is that he isn't fixed, and neither is my cat, Rosie. They're afraid they'll keep having kittens together, and they just don't want dozens of little kittens roaming around. It's either I pay to get them both fixed or take Floof to the shelter. There's also the other possible solution, but I'm not allowing that.
if you take them to a shelter, please make sure it's a no-kill shelter. i don't know how common those are where i live, but i'm pretty sure they're still somewhat widespread in the US if that's where you live. other alternatives would be to just get your cat fixed, which i personally feel any cat owner should do asap anyway if they don't want kittens, or see if there's anyone in your area who performs TNR (trap-neuter-release) if you want him to stick around. (a charity in the UK called cats protection both loans traps and covers the neutering cost, for example.) i'd personally take him to a shelter in the hopes of finding him a good home, but that is just me.

if you take them to a shelter, please make sure it's a no-kill shelter. i don't know how common those are where i live, but i'm pretty sure they're still somewhat widespread in the US if that's where you live. other alternatives would be to just get your cat fixed, which i personally feel any cat owner should do asap anyway if they don't want kittens, or see if there's anyone in your area who performs TNR (trap-neuter-release) if you want him to stick around. (a charity in the UK called cats protection both loans traps and covers the neutering cost, for example.) i'd personally take him to a shelter in the hopes of finding him a good home, but that is just me.
My local shelter is a no-kill shelter. I wouldn't take him otherwise. The shelters that have the mentality to do that to animals make me sick. I get that it becomes overcrowded, but that's just cruel. And yeah, I completely agree with getting cats fixed if you don't want kittens. All of my other cats are fixed. Whenever we got Rosie, she was pregnant already. She had been a stray, so I took her in. My parents just don't want it to happen again. I'm definitely getting her fixed, but my parents don't like the idea of having Floof around still. He has something wrong with his head. It looks infected. I really want to get it looked at, but I just don't have the money for vet bills. I want him to have a good home where he has people who can give him the treatment he deserves. Sorry if none of this makes sense, I'm not really good at explaining things like this.

My local shelter is a no-kill shelter. I wouldn't take him otherwise. The shelters that have the mentality to do that to animals make me sick. I get that it becomes overcrowded, but that's just cruel. And yeah, I completely agree with getting cats fixed if you don't want kittens. All of my other cats are fixed. Whenever we got Rosie, she was pregnant already. She had been a stray, so I took her in. My parents just don't want it to happen again. I'm definitely getting her fixed, but my parents don't like the idea of having Floof around still. He has something wrong with his head. It looks infected. I really want to get it looked at, but I just don't have the money for vet bills. I want him to have a good home where he has people who can give him the treatment he deserves. Sorry if none of this makes sense, I'm not really good at explaining things like this.
if you can't afford the vet costs, it might be worth looking into animal charities near you and/or calling your local vets and asking them what they would do if you brought in a stray. here, if you surrender a cat to cats' protection (and supposedly the rspca, but i don't trust them quite as much), they will usually cover the cat's medical bills; afaik, they don't have them euthanized unless it's something incurable/fatal. it might be worth calling around and asking similar charities near you (or even the shelter you mentioned) if they are able/willing to cover the medical costs. i think if you surrender him, they probably will anyway, and i think vets will potentially administer basic care for free for strays, otherwise what would you do if you found an injured animal and brought it in? it's also when they check for microchips etc. unless you're certain he doesn't have an owner. (the fact that he isn't spayed is an indicator that he probably doesn't, but.)

Getting tired of the "LOL XD SO RANDOM RAWR" conversations. Please I just want to discuss the topic casually, I have no energy participating in random off-topic things that take up so much of the convo

I feel like a geriatric at this point LMAO

I’m ruminating in the middle of the night like usual. This time it’s about people who blocked me without warning. The medication I’m on is keeping me calm, but the thoughts are still very invasive. I would say that’s my mental health in a nutshell. The walks and medication prevent me from feeling anxious, but invasive thoughts still like to bounce around.

Last edited:
my english teacher has zero control over the classroom. she wants my class to write an essay about comparing a poem to our favorite song, but she wants us to pick out the quotes and do the outline of the essay first. i don’t know how im supposed to do that, wouldn’t it just be easier to write the essay and use the topics on the outline as a guide then do all that other stuff? there’s people talking in the back of the classroom and it’s so overwhelming. also she won’t give the actual date when the essay is due, she wants to have a meeting about the essay with people so she says use the sign up sheet on the google classroom to schedule a meeting with her and the essay draft will be due the day before the meeting. ??? why can’t you just give everyone a single date of when the final essay is due? i hate it when teachers make me do stupid outlines and these dumb preparations. why do teachers decide to give out the complex assignments when school is about to end and plus finals. it’s not like i give a crap about finals in the first place though, the only thing im studying for is history.

Last edited:
I'm particularly cold and not feeling that great this morning, I barely even have the energy to get out of bed 😞
You and me both, I'm typing this under my covers instead of getting up.

I'm at home because it's a holiday and there's no school today, but even with my four-day weekend (I didn't have school on Friday either), it still sucked. Yesterday was particularly bad. And I didn't have enough time to do my laundry and my homework, so I'm gonna have to do it today. I also want to watch Poofesure, but I can't when my parents are there. :[

i have a headache that is really sharp and it comes and goes 😞 but it hurts so bad when it comes :( i think it’s a dehydration headache so i’m just gonna keep hydrating

Nothing on the package today, I mean if they send it back I suppose the store could just send back because I paid it?

Also feeling tired...zzz...

Back