• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's the last movie you've seen?

Most recently, the 1985 movie Clue. I had seen bits and pieces of it before on tv years ago, but this was my first full viewing. It's pretty funny and entertaining, good movie.

A few days ago, I also watched the 1927 silent movie The Cat and the Canary. It was okay.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I hadn't seen it before and it was really out there. I really enjoyed it though; it was really well designed.

Steven Universe the movie. It was really good I cried multiple times and the soundtrack was amazing. I listen to the whole thing when I walk to school every morning skdjskdhslkjahjljkjh

I've watched a number of movies over the course of this past week. Don't usually watch a bunch of movies, but I do tend to make a marathon of horror movies throughout October each year. I started it up a month early this year to make things last longer though, so yeah.

Tonight I watched Sam Raimi's 2009 film Drag Me to Hell. I found it to be pretty bland. Considering that it's from the guy who gave us the very entertaining Evil Dead trilogy, when I rented it I wasn't really expecting to find it so underwhelming. Despite how that might sound, when I watch movies I generally don't go in with any preconceived notions or expectations, and that was still the case here. I guess that just speaks to how little I cared about it on its own merits.

Last night I watched the first movie Dario Argento directed back in 1970, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. When I saw the plot, I was worried that it was going to be an inferior version of one of his later films, Tenebrae, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that despite some superficial plot similarities that it's different enough to be enjoyable. I thought it was pretty good for the most part. Not among my absolute favorites from him, but also not among the worst of his work. Upper mid-tier if I were to rank it against other stuff he's directed, I guess.

On Thursday evening, I watched Steven Universe: The Movie. I wasn't really feeling it at first since I'm not really fond of musicals, but I came around on it as it went on and enjoyed it overall by the end.

Finally, a few nights prior, I watched Ruggero Deodato's controversial film Cannibal Holocaust from 1980. Certainly an interesting movie. I can see why some don't think too highly of it, especially but not limited to the animal deaths, but I do think there's some merit to the statement it's making.

Planning to finish up the week with another film tomorrow night. Hopefully it's worthwhile.

Last edited:
Detective Pickachu at the weekend, didn't finish, boring and the whole pokemon thing just doesn't appeal to me. Ryan Reynolds as Pickachu was muted and dull, just a total miss on all levels.

Watched Pet Semetery 2019 with some friends on a mOviE nIgHt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Detective Pickachu at the weekend, didn't finish, boring and the whole pokemon thing just doesn't appeal to me. Ryan Reynolds as Pickachu was muted and dull, just a total miss on all levels.

Exactly. I was super hyped about the movie but it was just too boring.

I watched Moana last night, and I didn't necessarily watch it from the very beginning, around the part where her grandmother tells her to return the heart stone. It's definitely one of the better Disney movies but still not one of my favorites.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly I loved this movie, but that's prob because I was constantly fangirling over the Pokemon themselves and not even caring much about the story or Reynolds as Pikachu lol

Bumblebee

Probably the best of all the Transformers films imo, fantastic graphics (Cybertron scene was ace) and fight/action scenes I could actually tell what was happening (thanks to Bay not directing). Still cliched and tropey, but fun enough with a bit of heart.

Ad Astra 5/10. Part art-house chin-stroker, part stupid and laughable space physics guff. Replace Brad Pitt with Austin Powers, minus the laughs, and you'd be pretty close. Looked great on IMAX and all 5 points solely for Brad. Should be every astrophysicist's Xmas movie for years to come.

On Saturday, I watched the 2013 film Evil Dead, the "remake" of the 1981 movie The Evil Dead. Had never gotten around to it until now since I don't really like the concept of remakes and tend to avoid them, but it came up in conversation and I felt like I might as well check it out. It's decent for what it is, but doesn't really compare to the original and certain aspects felt sort of slipshod.

On the weekend prior to that, I had also watched the Australian movie Lake Mungo from 2008. Interesting, though I knew perhaps a bit too much about it before watching it to get the full effect.

Uhhh, I believe it was that one Yeti movie.
Smallfoot.
It was okay, kind of skirted around discrimination topics the way Zootopia did, good or bad. The music was so awful though, only the one rap song was good, "Let It Lie". Even if you never heard of the movie, that song is worth checking out.

The ending was also really bad, but the movie made my gf cry and she really enjoyed it, so it was a good night. :D

Watched Once upon a time...in Hollywood with my mom and a friend of ours and despite not being tarantino's biggest fan it was enjoyable, much due to the music and that he did his own thing rather than stealing every scene from somewhere and the hippie era is always a good idea ;)

bit too long (imo) and i kinda wish he did the end different but i understand if he didn't due to respect and stuff...also idfk why people had problem with "bruce lee" like this is movie is a bit of a satire and he probably exaggerated the accent for some entertainment and to play with his hero role/model traits...sigh pc people.

also yes it had feet

Tonight I decided to watch Christopher Robin when I found it on Netflix. It was good, and it was cute! Also Peter Capaldi voices Rabbit. I had to pause the movie to laugh at that. So perfect!

Back