• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's the last movie you've seen?

CBCGem_Poster_GordonLightfoot_22.jpg

I watched the documentary Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind about the legendary Canadian folk singer/songwriter.I remember hearing his first U.S. hit "If You Could Read My Mind" on the radio back in the early 70's and I thought that his voice was so unique.He was a baritone but his delivery was so effortless and smooth.I think I liked his voice because it reminded me of Bill Medley of The Righteous Brothers.He had a steady stream of hit records after that including "Sundown","Carefree Highway","Rainy Day People" and my personal favorite,"The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald".

Yesterday (2019).

Not the cleanest movie and it had tons of plot holes. I didn't care. The inner childhood Beatles fanboy in me jumped for joy at every little reference and I recognized every song in the movie. (and at some points I had begun singing with the lyrics).

It was really fun.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 6.35.39 PM.png

I just saw Inside Out 2. I didn’t think it would be very good because most sequels, especially now, are unnecessary, but it was actually good. Also, it made me realize that this kind of movie makes sense to get a sequel since it’s about emotions, which change as you get older. It also has a good message about anxiety, and it has a children’s education show character parody that single handedly made every scene he was in 10x better. I would recommend this movie.

View attachment 569860
I watched the documentary Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind about the legendary Canadian folk singer/songwriter.I remember hearing his first U.S. hit "If You Could Read My Mind" on the radio back in the early 70's and I thought that his voice was so unique.He was a baritone but his delivery was so effortless and smooth.I think I liked his voice because it reminded me of Bill Medley of The Righteous Brothers.He had a steady stream of hit records after that including "Sundown","Carefree Highway","Rainy Day People" and my personal favorite,"The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald".
I WAS just listening to If You Could Read My Mind! LOL!

As for me.. the last movie I watched was Captain America: The Winter Soldier! One of my FAVORITE movies of all time!!!

This morning while finishing off my entry for the Celebrating Diversity event, I had 101 Dalmatians (1996) in the background just for the noise or whatever. Obviously I've seen it before as a kid, but it was cute to see it again, and even realise things I didn't remember from when I was a kid (like for example, Perdita did not in fact give birth to 99 puppies 😂).

The Queen from 1968 about a national drag pageant. So many icons, from Flawless Sabrina to Mario Montez to Crystal LaBeija. I also think Andy Warhol was in the crowd? A fascinating movie for sure.

Bambi 2 🦌🐰🦨🌳 watched it yesterday evening as a way to mellow out after a busy day. I've been wanting to watch it again for a long time now. Because every now and then I need a dose of 2000's Disney cuteness.

I watched Lilo and Stitch because it had been a while since I've seen it and I don't think I ever watched it fully in one uninterrupted setting.

I want to know what he said about Jumba's mother!

I watched Lilo and Stitch because it had been a while since I've seen it and I don't think I ever watched it fully in one uninterrupted setting.

I want to know what he said about Jumba's mother!
The Lilo and Stitch TV series totally explains what Stitch said, uncensored 👍

Downfall.jpg

I watched Downfall(2004),the story of Adolf Hitler's last days as leader of Nazi Germany.The movie is partly based on Traudl Junge's book Until The Final Hour.Junge served as Hitler's personal secretary during the last few years of World War II.This is a very gritty and dark film with some great performances.

Today I watched Rebel Moon Part 2: The Scargiver. I'm familiar with this type of story as it's along the same lines of Seven Samurai, but I still enjoyed it. The characters were interesting, the action scenes well done, and it was easy to become invested in the story.

We took my boyfriend's daughter to see Inside Out 2 on Friday. It was actually pretty good and I think it did a good job of portraying anxiety for children. I started to tear up at the end bc I was relating a little too much.

I watched The Young Victoria and enjoyed it very much. I was actually in the mood to start season 3 of Bridgerton today, but since I didn't know when I'd be able to watch more beyond the first episode, I settled on this movie instead. I wasn't disappointed. It was a lovely period drama with a touch of romance and excellent casting.

Started re-watching Captain America: Civil War...

Watching it with my little brother who just came home on leave from the Navy c:

3ngGXCx43Si2pEG22zxFr9HVkn1.jpg
Convoy_film_poster.jpg

I saw Convoy(1978),a very 70's movie about big trucks,crooked cops and CB radios.Back in the late 70's a lot of brain-dead chase movies were made after Smokey And The Bandit made a buttload of money in 1977 and Convoy was one of them.I remember that HBO ran Convoy almost as much as it ran The Beastmaster.

I just finished watching Sound! Euphonium the Movie: Welcome to the Kitauji High School Concert Band. It's a recap movie of the first season, but I needed it because I'm starting season 2 tomorrow and I needed a nice refresher.

I watched Warm Bodies yesterday, honestly I didn’t think I’d like it LOL it did a good job at the zombie romance. I’d only ever seen the actor for R in skins so it was a bit strange hearing him without a british accent

Back