What's the last movie you've seen?

I watched two movies somewhat recently. The first one was Turning Red, which I still love and consider one of my favorite movies of all time. The second one was The Bee Movie... Eh, not so great. My little cousin really wanted to watch it, though. :v

I saw Deadpool and Wolverine today! I was so super excited to see it, and it didnt disappoint! I was tempted to give a Deadpool-esque review, but I decided to keep it clean 😆 Speaking of which, I took my Dad and my two brothers... I didn't know that one of my brothers had zero knowledge of Deadpool (I thought he had seen the first two) and boy was he shocked 😆 He isn't used to the crude humor and violence. Woops, sorry bro.

Also, being a typical Deadpool 4th-wall-breaking movie, there are a million references that people might not get without a bunch of Marvel knowledge, including previous Marvel movies and series, as well as the transition of character rights from Fox to Disney.

If you liked the first two movies, though, you will probably love this one as well!

Two weeks ago, back on Friday the 19th of July, there was an episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs on the Shudder streaming service. However, since I was flying somewhere the next morning, I did the responsible thing and slept and decided to watch the episode when I returned home.

So, I finally got around to watching the episode on Saturday night. They featured director Herk Harvey's 1962 film Carnival of Souls. I'm fairly certain that I watched this movie once, years ago when I was a teenager, but it was so long ago that I'd forgotten most of it aside from some basic details. I think it was a bit plain for me back then and I didn't appreciate it at the time. It was good to revisit it, especially in this setting. While not necessarily scary, it's a cool, atmospheric movie and I think it's pretty neat.

I got to see Twisters in the cinema a few days ago. It was better than what I expected. The main character had a vulnerability at the beginning that made her very relatable. She was able to overcome that vulnerablity and the ending was satisfying. I want to see Deadpool and Wolverine but things are heating up irl and I don't think I'll have time to see it in the cinema.

On tonight's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, they showed director Peter S. Traynor's 1977 movie Death Game. I thought it was a pretty decent movie. There are plenty of other home invasion movies of this sort out there, but it still has some neat aspects. I didn't mind the ending too terribly; it comes abruptly and I can see why some wouldn't like it, but I was just like "Well, okay I guess." It probably would've been better with the ending that was originally in the script, or one of the alternates, but as they discussed in the Joe Bob segments, the script and rights kind of went through a few hands before ultimately landing with Peter Traynor as the director. But yeah, for what it is, not bad.

I watched Red (2010) on Wednesday, and then watched the second part last night. When I was watching the second part, it was with my family, and it was a very rare instance of no one arguing with each other at all… weird. Anyway, both movies were really good. I’m not going to say all of my thoughts because then this would be too long, but the movies were just… as cliche as it sounds, badass, even though I thought I would be bored the entire time. The sequel had romance that felt kind of forced, but it took a backseat most of the time. The characters were also well written. In general, this is another time where a sequel was on par with the first movie. But I can’t recommend it for everyone since it is an action movie (I think there’s at least one act of violence every three minutes).

Last movie I watched was Red Planet (2000)... thought it was kinda dumb to be honest, I don't know why they felt like they had to include a (spoiler alert) freaking terminator robot. It just seemed so unnecessary

I rewatched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince earlier. I’m still getting over it as it’s one that makes me very emotional 😂

I watched edge of seventeen, I honestly really loved it, the main character was so relatable. Super funny movie as well

Sleeping Beauty, but before that it was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I'm in that Disney princess kind of mood.

And how funny I should mention to myself, while I was watching Snow White, that it would have been really interesting to see a sort of sequel or mid-quel, or even a prequel of the 1938 movie in a modern, 2000's style movie, kind of like how Bambi 2 (which released in 2006) is to the original Bambi from 1942, which was a massive skip in years, between two movies. And suddenly I learn yesterday that there's going to be a remake of Snow White...with that distinct "Disney remake" feel and flavor that Pinocchio 2022 had, with that pile of horse 💩

You know what other movie had a character taking in the sweet smell of 💩 like it was the BEST DAY EVER? 🎵 SpongeBob in that new Sandy Cheeks movie lmaooooooo

I saw Cuckoo last week! I liked it a lot. I think I maybe would've liked it even more if it had gone in a different direction in the end but I was surprised to see it getting such mixed reactions, I loved the vibe of it and Hunter Schafer was amazing

On tonight's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs they showed director Michele Soavi's 1994 movie Dellamorte Dellamore, otherwise known by the English title Cemetery Man. I've seen the movie a few times in the past, so not a whole lot to say. Not really a movie with a mass market sort of appeal, but it's strange and fun in its own ways.

Back