• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's the last movie you've seen?

Brave.

It felt strong for the first 20 minutes. Then it felt scrambled together.

Was hoping for more of the witch, but she was out of the movie after her one scene.

the insider (1999). i had to get some stuff explained since i got confused and didn't know what was happening a couple of times. was kind of wild that it was based on real stuff that happened.

The last movie I saw in the movie theater was IF, I thought it was cute but I feel like it was a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends knockoff. If anyone wants to see it I recommend maybe waiting until it is on a streaming service.

As of today the last movie I've seen was the Five Night at Freddy's movie

combing through the diary of a wimpy kid movies. I kinda wish they were able to cover the whole series.

but obviously, unlike the books, the actors age and hit puberty. (his voice is already different in the dog days movie). so I understand why it stopped.

i've enjoyed these a lot.

Tonight's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs featured the movie Graduation Day, a slasher from the year 1981 from director Herb Freed. I thought it was pretty all right.

Last weekend, I watched Wonka and The Super Mario Bros movie for the first time. Both were pretty good, although I stand by my initial opinion that Chris Pratt was not the right voice for Mario. The other voice actors did pretty well, though, and Jack Black nailed it as Bowser.

rant:

I watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul. It's a 2017 movie with none of the cast from the original trilogy returning. It was offensively boring. The characters were simplified caricatures of the originals. The mom had all of her personality stripped away and became a one dimensional annoying 'parent against technology'. Greg and Rodrick felt withered down and no longer carried any charm from before. (Rodrick less so). Rodrick was the closest to capturing the spirit of the previous cast.

There were fleeting moments that captured the spirit of the original three movies and books. Rodrick recording his own face instead of Greg's big moment got a chuckle out of me. Otherwise I quickly had enough of the puke and bathroom humor.

The scenery was pretty. I liked the road trip aspect. Otherwise, this movie was irredeemable for me.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 7.20.48 PM.png

I have no idea. It might have been Zootopia, unfortunately. Unfortunately because I regret watching any Disney film now I know they are supporting a genocide.

Mad Max: Beyond The Thunderdome.

"underground pig farming methane man dwarf is fueding with other half of the city. max gets punished, gets sent into the desert where he meets cult of children, who have a giant plane, which max refuses to use"...

I have no idea what to make of this movie. I liked the others, but the plot is completely off the rails here. My brain could not keep up beyond the second half.

The Fall Guy! I wasn’t all that interested in seeing it, but I ended up watching it last night anyways since my parents wanted to watch it, and sometimes it’s not about the activity you’re doing, but about spending time with the people you’re doing the activity with. :’)

It wasn’t a bad movie! I always enjoy seeing Ryan Gosling, Stephanie Hsu and Hannah Waddingham, and the chemistry between Ryan and Emily Blunt was great and entertaining to watch! The movie wasn’t as funny as I was expecting and it didn’t really make me laugh, but the surprise Jason Momoa cameo at the end was fun and definitely made my mom happy! Overall, not a bad movie, but I don’t see me watching it again.

YUNGBLUD and Dominic Lewis’ cover of “I Was Made For Lovin’ You” was great, though!

Tonight's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs featured director Richard Kelly's 2001 film Donnie Darko. I'd somehow never watched it until now but have heard about it for years. I thought it was pretty good.

Puss-In-Boots-The-Last-Wish-Trai.jpg

I saw Puss In Boots:The Last Wish recently.I've been pretty disappointed with sequels for the last few years but The Last Wish is even better than the original Puss In Boots movie,perhaps even rivaling its spin-off daddy Shrek.It seems that there is still some life in the Shrek/Puss In Boots franchise.

I watched Challengers tonight!! I'm not into tennis, but I'll watch pretty much anything if Zendaya's in it lol

I honestly didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The characters and their dynamics were interesting, and Zendaya was of course stunning and incredible like always, but idk.. it was an odd movie LOL. The timeline going back and forth from the present to the past to the present again was a trip, though it does make sense for a tennis movie. Tennis is all about the back-and-forth. The viewers were pretty much a tennis ball the whole movie. 😂

The amount of slow-mos were insane and almost annoying, and the amount of times that music just randomly started playing was almost comical. It was definitely an interesting movie, but probably not one that I'll watch again. Though, the Zendaya and Tom Holland easter egg with Tashi (Zendaya)'s daughter asking if she can watch Spider-Verse was fun!

The last movie I've seen was a re-watch of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I'm gonna be watching the rest of the series eventually.

head_poster.jpg

I watched The Monkees movie Head.It's a satire that pokes fun at their own manufactured image.For those not familiar with The Monkees tv show,it was about a fictitious pop band and their wacky exploits.Their music,however,was not wacky.It was actually really good and written by some of the industry's best songwriters of the time like Neil Diamond,Carole King and the duo of Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart.Their repertoire included such tunes as "Last Train To Clarksville","I'm A Believer","Pleasant Valley Sunday" and "Daydream Believer".The sticking point was that The Monkees did not actually play their own instruments on their earlier songs,only doing the vocal parts.Eventually The Monkees did take control of their music and performed all of their own parts and vocals but by that time the show had pretty much run its course.

Back