• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the opposite. Older animation and art bugs the crap out of me (from anything older than the year 2000). It's either too rigid, isn't done right, or just doesn't flow well. One of the few exceptions being Cowboy Bebop, because it actually looks crisp and flows well. Not to mention the writing and ending for that show is amazing.

I agree the eyes for MHA, Demon Slayer, and others are off-putting. I've watched a YouTube video where characters are caught in goofy shots/at wrong times and it looks ridiculous. But otherwise the animation and art style of a lot of anime today is actually pretty good (depending on the show). I don't think I'd ever want to go back to the older style.
Agreed! Older animation is just stiff or looks weird and it distracts me from the show. For example, Dragon Ball looks bad to me. I don't have interest in the show either way but the art and animation is just reallllllyyyyy distracting.

Most modern anime looks great and I love it. Spy x Family is an example where I just really adore the art style and animation. So crisp and clean and detailed.

Though, one thing in some modern shows that bugs me is how they make the body joints blush. Like huh? Or if a show is too shiny (Higurashi Gou). There's gotta be a happy medium for me.

Episodic shows are just as good as serial. Not everything needs to be serialized, which seems to be the general consensus these days. Early Adventure Time was at its peak imo and before Steven Universe got some imo really bad overlying arcs, the episodes were lighthearted and funny.

Danganronpa completely flies past my head. I don’t dislike it at all but nothing ever made me want to play it. One of my exes was extremely into it and at the time I wanted to play it solely to share it with him but ever since then I can’t give a single hoot about it. It’s just like no reaction at all. There’s not enough there for me to like or dislike at all. No reaction.

Danganronpa completely flies past my head. I don’t dislike it at all but nothing ever made me want to play it. One of my exes was extremely into it and at the time I wanted to play it solely to share it with him but ever since then I can’t give a single hoot about it. It’s just like no reaction at all. There’s not enough there for me to like or dislike at all. No reaction.
Agree. I tried one of the games for PS Vita and while it had some cool characters the gameplay was way too confusing and I never got into it.

Competitive video gaming and its community is just.. ehh. Like sure if you want to be a pro innit but don't expect everyone to be S-class players in whatever game and just let them enjoy whatever they are playing. (Kinda reverse also with eg. players squidbagging in certain games too).

I'm the opposite. Older animation and art bugs the crap out of me (from anything older than the year 2000). It's either too rigid, isn't done right, or just doesn't flow well. One of the few exceptions being Cowboy Bebop, because it actually looks crisp and flows well. Not to mention the writing and ending for that show is amazing.
probably one thing we disagree about, i very much prefer older anime/cartoons etc. both drawing/animation style and stories. new ones definitely creep me out lol.

Double sinks are stupid. I do not want to listen to someone spitting and gargling and gagging beside me while I'm brushing my teeth. Just take turns.

AI-generated art shouldn't qualify as art in my opinion. You didn't make that art, you gave a program some prompts and it took from already existing images to make a new image

I'll do you one better; in my opinion AI art is straight up art theft.

Behind every AI art is piles and piles of stolen art, ripped without consent from the original artists and funnelled in to a program. I've even seen AI art generators now that mimic the style of specific artists. The only way these can exist is of course, by taking the entire portfolio of a specific artist and using it as the fuel. If that isn't art theft I don't know what is.

I'm not even going to get in to the topic of AI art as a means to make money and how disgusting that is when you consider that the original artists don't get paid at all for having their work used like that.

(Yes I really hate the AI art trend if it wasn't obvious by this post)

Justin Timberlake music is still really, really really good. Also to be frank I know people say stuff is stupid like how “white” his beatboxing and image are but I think it’s fun and as stupid as I sound right now too, it stops his music from feeling too serious. It’s just fun.

My least favorite Pokemon are the ones based on inanimate objects, especially the keychain one. (forget the name.) My only exceptions are the ones based on food and candles.

The Pikmin franchise is Nintendo’s best.

Pikmin 2 > Pikmin 3 > Pikmin 1

I want a pet Bulborb :(
1663289246593.jpeg

On the topic of pokémon, Ledian is so cute and awesome despite being so easily overlooked (at least I overlooked it for a long time). I mean look at it! It’s a cute bug a lot like ribombee!
I actually did a Ledyba solo run on Pokémon Crystal. It was the most challenging and fun thing ever. Ledyba is a top-tier Pokémon. Although they are not strong, I still like them.

I hate saying it like this because it sounds buzzwordy but Yoko Shimomura is the most overrated vgm composer ever (seeing her in a lineup does the opposite of hype me up for a game’s music lol)
Lots of the time when she remixes music it makes it sound way more flaccid to me, her tempo has this really slow boring feel to it and her volume mixing is weak
Her music has good qualities but she always drowns it out or it just isn’t memorable in the first place, it feels repetitive, it gets annoying, it feels like it’s trying to be epic and doesn’t actually land the mark. I’m really tired of her style. Really boring music to me

I don’t like how some people gush over animated Disney movies then roast anime fans.
Yeah, Disney fans can be obnoxious. -_- And creepy as for some adults, lol.

Also I agree about Klefki, keychain Pokémon. It's ugly, rather bad and... it should have been steel alone if anything lol. Gen VI is probably my least fave, Pokémon-wise(which is probably popular but, yeah on the topic).

PoGo kid fans are stupid, like roasting people playing actual main games(omg so childish) but they are glued to their phones, lmao. Like I'm not gatekeeping you from the franchise but if you never ever played an actual game aside from this, shut up lel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back