• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like beer, coffee or cakes
forget about pizza, pineapple doesn’t belong on this planet 🤮
I hate cities. The noise and crowds and lack of greenery makes me so anxious. Give me the countryside every time

I hate cities. The noise and crowds and lack of greenery makes me so anxious. Give me the countryside every time
I like the taste of burnt popcorn.

I hate coffee…because it tastes like burnt popcorn.

You don’t like beer 😭

Agree with you about crowds. Can make me a little anxious too.

I agree to some extent. Whatever mood I’m in, is the music type I wanna listen too 😂

So if I’m feeling down, I’ll listen to sad and emotional music 😂
I could be in the best mood, and I still wont want to listen to happy music....unless maybe it's the Fastbacks. Happy music has a reverse effect on me, I swear.

I'm not fond of that trend where they print a famous piece of art onto canvas. A paper print and frame is much preferred.

This can be seen as a bit controversial, but I don’t like alcohol. I’ll drink very casually, but I can definitely live without it. I think my favorites are hard sodas and the hard slushies, which are both very low in alcohol percentage. I always check the percentage because I honestly can’t stand more than 5% at the most. Most alcoholic beverages are just gross. I also can’t stand how popular it is and how much peer pressure there is surrounding it.

I was never scared of the THX logo, I always looked forward to it. Makes me feel like I’m in space, it’s so awesome.

skarm mentioned Zhongli on page 7- I won’t go on about all fictional men/women because it’d just get inappropriate but to expand on that post… I’m not attracted to any Genshin characters, I don’t get it. :’D They’re just aesthetically pleasing instead of actually attractive to me. Plus I never liked how the eyes were drawn. There’s a certain way a lot of anime eyes are drawn that makes them look more “empty” and I can see that in most Genshin characters. Irony is, a lot of my fictional crushes come from anime but I digress. It isn’t even that they look expressionless or bad, there’s just an artificial look in the eyes that doesn’t jive with me.

I got a few more that would make many people disagree with me.

- Bakemonogatari is one of the dullest anime I’ve ever watched.
- Tales of Berseria is the best modern Tales of game.
- Stray is a solid and cute puzzle adventure game, but it’s not game of the year or anything. It’s an 8/10. I think the main reason it got so much hype is because it stars a cat and not because of its gameplay.

I don’t like Evangelion.

I wanted to like it because everyone has always suggested it to me but I just couldn’t get into it at all. I even watched all of the movies.

Not liking something wouldn’t normally be worth bringing up. But the reason why I’m so stuck on this is because of how people in the fandom have reacted to me not liking it. The assumption is always that I just don’t have the brain cells to understand the message behind the story. It’s such a pretentious take, and it’s extra annoying when they try to explain it to me because I did pick up on the story and I do understand the symbolism as someone who has struggled with depression for practically my entire life.

It’s okay to have different opinions and not liking something that’s popular doesn’t make your taste any less valid. I think Picasso is boring but my good friend loves his art. I love Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, but this same friend thinks they’re overrated. Somehow we are able to respect our opinions when it comes to that but when Evangelion comes up it’s a whole different story

I don’t like Evangelion.

I wanted to like it because everyone has always suggested it to me but I just couldn’t get into it at all. I even watched all of the movies.

Not liking something wouldn’t normally be worth bringing up. But the reason why I’m so stuck on this is because of how people in the fandom have reacted to me not liking it. The assumption is always that I just don’t have the brain cells to understand the message behind the story. It’s such a pretentious take, and it’s extra annoying when they try to explain it to me because I did pick up on the story and I do understand the symbolism as someone who has struggled with depression for practically my entire life.

It’s okay to have different opinions and not liking something that’s popular doesn’t make your taste any less valid. I think Picasso is boring but my good friend loves his art. I love Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, but this same friend thinks they’re overrated. Somehow we are able to respect our opinions when it comes to that but when Evangelion comes up it’s a whole different story
I'm also not a big fan of Evangelion. I understood the symbolism too but it just wasn't really my thing. The only things I'll admit I did love were Asuka's story and Pen Pen.

And I share your love of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. I'm the only person I know who read War and Peace for fun.

It's so sad when people can't accept different opinions, especially on inconsequential things like media. You don't have to agree on everything.

I don’t like Evangelion.

I love Evangelion, but despise the Studio Khara movies.

My unpopular anime opinion is that I don't understand the hype around Kimetsu no Yaiba. I like the art style, but it has tonal inconsistencies and I find the characters mostly annoying/loud.

I love Evangelion, but despise the Studio Khara movies.

My unpopular anime opinion is that I don't understand the hype around Kimetsu no Yaiba. I like the art style, but it has tonal inconsistencies and I find the characters mostly annoying/loud.
Funny enough, I'm the opposite. I don't like the art style of Kimetsu no Yaiba at all and it's turned me off of ever trying it. Same goes for MHA. It's the eyes of both shows. They're just ugly to me.

i think that dominos pizza is gross, i had it once a few years ago and it didn’t taste right. i feel like they use too much cheese and not a lot of tomato sauce. im a papa johns kind of person.
I've always said dominos tastes like greased cardboard 😂

I'm the opposite. Older animation and art bugs the crap out of me (from anything older than the year 2000). It's either too rigid, isn't done right, or just doesn't flow well. One of the few exceptions being Cowboy Bebop, because it actually looks crisp and flows well. Not to mention the writing and ending for that show is amazing.

I agree the eyes for MHA, Demon Slayer, and others are off-putting. I've watched a YouTube video where characters are caught in goofy shots/at wrong times and it looks ridiculous. But otherwise the animation and art style of a lot of anime today is actually pretty good (depending on the show). I don't think I'd ever want to go back to the older style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back