• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards Against Humanity isn't that funny or fun to play. I don't know if I'm too old for the humour but I don't find myself laughing much while playing. I remember laughing lots at it back in the day but playing recently, I got bored.

For every funny card you or someone else might get, there's tons of unfunny ones. I dunno, I find it kind of lame and it feels like a long game.

I hate Star Wars because of how overexposed it is now. Before the prequels and sequels when it was only the original three movies and more of a niche series, I was tolerant of it but since they started to heavily merchandize the entire series and keeps shoving it in your face, I’ve grown to be rather annoyed by it. The porg or whatever it was called wasn’t that cute, BB-8 reminds me too much of Synergy from the awful
Jem and the Holograms movie which is made worse that both were introduced in the same exact year not even two months apart, and Grogu isn’t cute at all and is just some green head sticking out of a really ugly old brown coat. This overexposure has pushed me away from wanting to watch any of the movies or even playing any of their video games and I sure as heck an tired of seeing the franchise take up space in the Lego aisle! They seriously only stopped making Lego Star Wars for three years until a reboot in 2011 but now are going to have sets produced for it until 2032 which is literally twenty one years but other licensed sets have extremely limited runs and barely get anything. Lego Super Mario is probably going to end within the next two years as the three characters people wanted interactive figures of have been made and the only potential Mario Character to get the same treatment would be Wario but his games are vastly different than Mario’s and I don’t think he would be as fun to use. This overexposure of Star Wars needs to stop now!

Cards Against Humanity isn't that funny or fun to play. I don't know if I'm too old for the humour but I don't find myself laughing much while playing. I remember laughing lots at it back in the day but playing recently, I got bored.

For every funny card you or someone else might get, there's tons of unfunny ones. I dunno, I find it kind of lame and it feels like a long game.
Haven't played in a while, but yeah I agree if you online with kids cause everyone and their dad makes adult jokes and automatically win because of that. I defo prefer it IRL if anything.

Also, I find this shirt-jacket/shacket trend ugly, especially with those large gingham/plaid pattern one with a thicker fabric.

Haven't played in a while, but yeah I agree if you online with kids cause everyone and their dad makes adult jokes and automatically win because of that. I defo prefer it IRL if anything.

Also, I find this shirt-jacket/shacket trend ugly, especially with those large gingham/plaid pattern one with a thicker fabric.
I find plaid pants, shorts, and jackets to be hideous and tacky. If anyone gives me any of those things, they’re going straight into a put fire and I don’t care if they are expensive designer name brands. No tacky clothing will ever set foot in my wardrobe!

Digimon Survive is exactly what Digimon Adventure was. Story-heavy and character-driven. And I think that's what makes Digimon better than Pokémon. You can't beat the simplicity of Pokémon battle.

The game is much like Fire Emblem Three Houses, but I think the pacing of Danganronpa would suit it much better. Just stick to the story until there's a good reason for gameplay. Random battles are not fun, and personally I'm not fond of FE:3H combat either.

I hate Star Wars because of how overexposed it is now. Before the prequels and sequels when it was only the original three movies and more of a niche series, I was tolerant of it but since they started to heavily merchandize the entire series and keeps shoving it in your face, I’ve grown to be rather annoyed by it.
Honestly, I feel the same way. I found the movies to be INCREDIBLY repetitive, and while some characters are cute, they should've stopped after they made the prequels. And I agree about the Star Wars lego thing being a bit ridiculous- I shouldn't have to pass six shelves of Star Wars to get to a shelf or two of Harry Potter and Mario legos!

Anyways, completely off topic, but pineapple belongs on pizza.

Kantonian Mr. Mime >>> Galarian Mr. Mime

Ngl, I do like all the attention Mr. Mime has been getting these past few years, between Detective Pikachu and the mystery 7/11 slurpee promo thing, cute marketable plushies, and yes, even its galarian form and evolution even though I find them just ok. Not to mention its little sidequest in Pokémon Legends Arceus. Mr. Mime was my favorite pokémon at one point and I would've flipped at all this stuff during that phase XD

I really hate Duck Hunt. I refuse to unlock that ugly face in Smash Bros Ultimate or even use the associated stage and I will quit any online matches if I see anyone using that thing! Should never have been allowed in Smash Bros and I’m still really angry that that ugly thing got a spot when there are fan favorite Nintendo characters that are far more deserving to have that spot keep getting denied. I mean Dixie Kong definitely deserved to be in Smash since Brawl and could have a very interesting moveset focusing on her ponytail. Issac from Golden Sun has been requested especially since his Assist Trophy is not in Ultimate, everyone wants Geno to be playable, and Dr Eggman is a perfect candidate to be a vehicle/mech fighter. You could even put in Jill from Drill Dozer and give her a full moveset.

I’m gonna give you two wild hot takes in one and hopefully this isn’t too personal for anyone.

1. the Sonic fanbase hasn’t been as bad as people like to act it is in a decade +. There are just really weird vocal people in it, certain people didn’t help its perception at all, but for the most part there wasn‘t actually arguing over the color of his arms or stuff by that point or arguing about being a true fan because of which era you prefer. What I mean is: sure it existed but it was more as a meme than it was reality. Also, they don’t get really defensive/toxic about the quality of their games or anything. The game discussions are generally chill. Yes there’s a weird side to it but literally every fandom has that (even the AC fandom).

2. the JoJo’s fanbase was always overhated. I can get why they would be annoying but considering their size/presence they were one of the least toxic large fandoms, for the size there were few threats, real arguments, etc. just a ton of nerds. They’re very very passionate about the series and I would know because I used to be a big fan so maybe it gives me bias but I think it’s in a fun way as long as they aren’t spamming the same memes. When you compare them to things like other fandoms harassing the creators of works, well it’s happened a bit with JoJo BUT it’s nothing like certain fandoms where all that seems to happen is arguing about that, and this sense that the fans don’t even like the series anymore (imo those + fandoms made up of harassment are the worst). Also if the logic of it being prevalant everywhere is what makes it suck I can say the same about a lot of other fandoms and it’s flimsy reasoning imo, does anyone remember the Marvel fandom at peak, to me that was annoying because I don’t like Marvel. Jojo’s fandom has put out tons of high quality art and chill fans and great shared experiences. There are way worse fandoms and I think listing it in the worst is kinda an L

I also have some unpopular opinions about which fandoms are really toxic/bad, but I don’t want to turn this into a negative schpiel; I will say, the Spyro fandom actually is what people claim the Sonic fandom is because they gatekeep for liking eras and only seem to argue, that fandom has gotten away with a lot of terrible behaviour. Also with all of this said, this isn’t an attack on specific fandom members or people, just generalised statements. Again, hopefully this isn’t too personal.

As someone who avoids/dislikes almost all fandoms tbh people get too passionate about hating fandoms which fandoms are bad picking on people just for being a fan of something etc I don’t want to do that.

I like spring and summer. I hate the heat, but here's why...I like the sunlight, and the scorching weather helps me focus more on what I need to do. I get too distracted by the beauty of autumn and winter-- though those months are productive as well. Idk if that makes any sense.

I love clowns. 🤡
I mean…when I was little, I was obsessed with clowns. It was kinda weird lol. I thought they were other creatures, like fairies or goblins. I even dressed as one for Halloween one year. So I asked my mother what a clown was supposed to be, and she said that they’re people who like to dress up and make others laugh. I used to want to BE a clown, but…alas. I can’t even stand wearing foundation, much less a full face of clown makeup.

I wanted to make a comment like this for a long time now but I was afraid of a personal attack for my opinion of being against substance use
smoking/vaping(anything)/drugs/alcohol isn't cool and I really hate it when people need to make it a personality trait or woohoo about it or whatever
if you do any of the above then fine I can't control your life but none of the above things are healthy and there are better things in life then these
peer pressure is really stupid I hate it
I sort have a problem with the medicinal weed. There’s a store that was built near my apartment and my dad’s shop that sells medicinal weed that no one wanted to be built and it has really caused issues with the roads now. I’ve seen people just leave there cars in the middle of the street despite there being two parking lots and sometimes it’s backwards on the wrong side of the street, people speeding out of the lot right in front of you with no warning despite the driver clearly seeing you coming, people driving really fast backwards on the wrong side of the road just to get into the parking lot, and the worst thing of all, parking literally six feet from the curb and after a turn at a traffic light which is going to cause an accident one of these days because who expects a car parked in the middle of the street right after a turn at a traffic light?! And this is a traffic light that is on a main road that lead into and out of town. I’ve even seen a car literally parked at a stop sign with no one in the car and I wasted ten minutes waiting for the jerk to move only to realize that the driver went into that stupid store to get some weed.

I wanted to make a comment like this for a long time now but I was afraid of a personal attack for my opinion of being against substance use
smoking/vaping(anything)/drugs/alcohol isn't cool and I really hate it when people need to make it a personality trait or woohoo about it or whatever
if you do any of the above then fine I can't control your life but none of the above things are healthy and there are better things in life then these
I don’t mind if someone smokes weed, but I find it irritating how it’s the first thing some people recommend. For example, someone on a different app asked for help on how to sleep better at night, and a lot of people said things like, “Have you tried weed? It really helps me relax.” (Different from CBD, which helps with sleep and anxiety.) I get it, but not everyone wants try weed in order to sleep.

I don’t mind if someone smokes weed, but I find it irritating how it’s the first thing some people recommend. For example, someone on a different app asked for help on how to sleep better at night, and a lot of people said things like, “Have you tried weed? It really helps me relax.” (Different from CBD, which helps with sleep and anxiety.) I get it, but not everyone wants try weed in order to sleep.
I find it annoying that ads on YouTube keep trying to push CBD on me!

alcohol sucks. and i've drank quite a bit before. soooooooo many studies over the years saying that it is bad for you, so many bad things have happened due to people being under the influence and yet it is still a typical thing in society. literally no pros in this, just cons.
vaping sucks. bad for your respiratory system too, and it's just modernised cigarette addiction bc cigarettes got the bad rap now (and for good reason) and i hate corporates responsible for causing a whole new generation addicted to what's basically just futuristic smoking. also vapers on public places blowing clouds like a freakin train are just sucky people.
weed sucks. it smells awful. though honestly, my problem with this is more on the user, and not the drug itself, from personal experience.

I'm not against it but it's annoying how people brag about using it. Who cares? lol Like I don't get it. It became what alcohol was to young people ("omg I got sooooooo drunk last weekend!!") and it was worse when it was illegal here in Canada because people felt super cool for using it. Its hype or whatever has died down a bit since being legalized but you still have those people being annoying about it. Use it if you want, doesn't matter to me, just stop bragging about it.

alcohol sucks. and i've drank quite a bit before. soooooooo many studies over the years saying that it is bad for you, so many bad things have happened due to people being under the influence and yet it is still a typical thing in society. literally no pros in this, just cons.
vaping sucks. bad for your respiratory system too, and it's just modernised cigarette addiction bc cigarettes got the bad rap now (and for good reason) and i hate corporates responsible for causing a whole new generation addicted to what's basically just futuristic smoking. also vapers on public places blowing clouds like a freakin train are just sucky people.
weed sucks. it smells awful. though honestly, my problem with this is more on the user, and not the drug itself, from personal experience.
I sniffed a “hemp” scented air freshener and almost threw up. It was one of those little pine tree shaped air fresheners and they have this little patch that you can scratch to see what the scent is like. I thought it was almost as bad as the Galaxy one that they have which is really nasty. The hemp one smelled like a corpse to me and I’m wondering why would anyone want an air freshener that makes their car smell even worse than it already does? If the car didn’t smell so bad then people would not be shopping for an air freshener to put in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back