• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don’t even know if this is unpopular because I stopped keeping up, but I think gen 8 has the worst Pokemon designs by far. It’s hard for me to even make a team of new Pokémon, there’s a couple of AMAZING ones at the top, there’s some good-ish but not special ones, then most of them are just junk and I cannot believe how low it pushed the standards down with certain designs and some of the absolutely stupid ideas it had.
Gen 5 is 50/50 on designs, and I’m tired of people acting like the gen 5 dex is underrated. Gen 6’s is actually underrated (as if I care about that), and gen 5 always gets its dues because it’s loved these days.
People need to stop saying gen 5 is underrated in general, it seriously isn’t, it gets huge praise in every space and there are good reasons for it to be divisive. I’m tired of hearing about how gen 5 is the best bestest bestie and gen 6 suddenly changed things because love or hate it gen 5 sewed a lot of those problems, had a lot of problems people blame the 3ds games for like cutting tons of content and pushing tons of cutscene and some lame map design.

I don’t really like talking about Pokémon so enough of that! The unpopular opinion I actually care about is much more succinct: I’d rather have a group of loyal, true friends who can hold decent conversation with me and lead me to new things, than a partner. I care quite a lot about my idea of friendships. Alas, I accept that isn’t really the norm and chances are I’ll drift away from my friends, or they’ll end up very preoccupied with things like their partners in the future (assuming they go down that road). Enough said about that too. Basically: relationships are overrated (look, I can imagine a healthy/great relationship could live up to some of the hype, actually finding that is ridiculous and people act like any relationship = good relationship [see the stereotype of relationships being easier for women: if you want any relationship sure, if you want a good relationship which should be the goal then hell no]), but I don’t even know if that’s very unpopular.

I think video game publishers should re-release old games for retro consoles... do limited "Player's Choice" runs of popular Gamecube/Wii games. Cost of making the games would be low on CD/DVD formats, fans would love it and the games would likely sell out. And fans could get new copies of retro games for cheaper than beat up used copies are selling for now. It's a win win!

I hate the “indie kid” filter. The one with the oversaturated rainbow colors but with a weird dull overtone. I usually like bright colors and filters, but the contrast looks awful in my opinion. It floods the kidcore tag on pinterest >.< I mean you do you, but whyyyy is that filter so popular?

I hate the “indie kid” filter. The one with the oversaturated rainbow colors but with a weird dull overtone. I usually like bright colors and filters, but the contrast looks awful in my opinion. It floods the kidcore tag on pinterest >.< I mean you do you, but whyyyy is that filter so popular?
Agree.

Also other people randomly adding "core" to all aesthetics ever doesn't make it cooler or popular, lol.

EWWWW I hate the 'core' trend. It sounds so stupid to me. Just say cottage themed, not cottagecore. All slang usually dies or fades out eventually but this is one that keeps on living.
Yeah i know right idk why this one never dies.. like even more serious media start using it as well 🤦‍♀️

Yeah i know right idk why this one never dies.. like even more serious media start using it as well 🤦‍♀️
It's always the ones you want dead that don't die. Turnt was one I hated and it lasted far too long. Based is now my new one I want dead.

It's always the ones you want dead that don't die. Turnt was one I hated and it lasted far too long. Based is now my new one I want dead.
Fortunately didn't see that one too often but they even use "-core" in old ladies' magazines and I' just.. no why.

Natalie Portman is actually a bad actress and just average looking at best and only won that Oscar because she made out with Mila Kunis. What’s really sad is that I have literally seen drag queens that look much prettier than Natalie and the drag queen wasn’t even wearing 10 pounds of makeup!

I actually prefer to use the term (high-functioning)-Asperger rather than autism/austistic/Asd or whatever. I think it better describes me and people tend to think one is rather low-functioning if you mention autism here still. It's definitely not able-ist or nazi(it was actually an Ukrainan lady who first coined it) and if anything those people mentioning above ^ goes into pet peeves box. I think you should be free to use whichever fits you best, but also don't flame people for using other/either.

that dynamic island thing on the iphone 14 is kind of dumb looking but also of cool at the same time.

i also miss the home button and i wish that the newer iphones had it. i miss using the home button with the fingerprint touch to log in, i liked that more than face id.

Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest isn’t as bad as people claim and was only doing her job. And I refuse to see Randle as the “hero” when he’s a self admitted child predator.

I don’t think dreams “mean” anything. They’re usually random amalgamations of things you’ve experienced during the day. I had a dream that Nintendo bought the rights to the Pussycat Dolls’ music to use them in new Mario games; does that mean it’s going to happen? No; I had listened to the Pussycat Dolls and played Mario Odyssey that night. However, some dreams are simpler than others.

I don’t think dreams “mean” anything. They’re usually random amalgamations of things you’ve experienced during the day. I had a dream that Nintendo bought the rights to the Pussycat Dolls’ music to use them in new Mario games; does that mean it’s going to happen? No; I had listened to the Pussycat Dolls and played Mario Odyssey that night. However, some dreams are simpler than others.
I don’t know. I had this weird dream where I heard the entirety of Meat Loaf’s I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) despite not having the radio on or even owning that song in any form and the next morning it was announced that Meat Loaf was dead and he had died durning the evening of the previous day.

(genshin impact related)
team comps are cool and all, but honestly? just use the characters you want lol and dont be mean to those who do or don't care about their teams. mine is xiao, sucrose, miko, and bennett and although some of those go together and they're fairly compatible, people always say i need certain characters and stuff but like shut up my sucrose/xiao swirl does 29k does yours? hmm i think not.

if your characters aren't well built (mine are trash lol) once again who cares? if it gets the job done thats cool, not everyone is playing for the numbers.

5 stars are known to do higher damage and be overall better characters but honestly i believe if you set your mind to it and really put in a lot of effort you can main any character regardless of rankings and stuff. my lumine is one of the best characters i have. my lisa is c2 and rocking it. and have you guys SEEN dps barbara?
Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 6.02.12 PM.png

I don’t know. I had this weird dream where I heard the entirety of Meat Loaf’s I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) despite not having the radio on or even owning that song in any form and the next morning it was announced that Meat Loaf was dead and he had died durning the evening of the previous day.
Wow, that’s interesting. I think some dreams can be meaningful— just not all the time. My mother still has dreams about her Nana (my great-grandma who died when I was 6), and says it feels like Nana visited her. So I think there can be some paranormal connections.

Stevie Nicks is probably the most overrated fashion icon for her late 70s/80s witch style stuff. I mean yeah she can sing and is a good artist don't get me wrong but yeah she didn't look *that* good in that era.

Avatar the Last Airbender is overrated and is a badly written show that has more plot holes in it than Swiss cheese! And the characters are some of the stupidest people I have ever seen! Yes I said it and I will not be taking my words back!

Avatar the Last Airbender is overrated and is a badly written show that has more plot holes in it than Swiss cheese! And the characters are some of the stupidest people I have ever seen! Yes I said it and I will not be taking my words back!
Yeah I agree, I never got the point of it and I'm not a fan of their character designs, both visually and personality-wise.

Yeah I agree, I never got the point of it and I'm not a fan of their character designs, both visually and personality-wise.
I’m trying to write an anti-fanfic story where the Mortal Kombat X Predator attacks everyone in an alternate take on an episode and kills nearly everyone in the area and actually gets away to kill another day. No one can stop him and there will be lots of blood and limb loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back