• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
—Sindel is my favorite female Mortal Kombat character

—The Beach Boys suck and their music sounds like something you’d hear at a little kid’s birthday party. I have no idea how their music got popular. (Maybe everyone was so high they thought it sounded good?) ☕

Romance novels are overrated. Romance as a whole is overrated.

I don't think romance in real life is overrated, but in books, movies, and TV shows it most definitely is, and is the part of the post I agree with. It's almost never done right, and even when it is it's just like, did you really have to include that? :rolleyes:

I don't think romance in real life is overrated, but in books, movies, and TV shows it most definitely is, and is the part of the post I agree with. It's almost never done right, and even when it is it's just like, did you really have to include that? :rolleyes:
Definitely. The way it’s portrayed is definitely over-the-top.

I guess in real life it is to me because, well, I’m a very shy lady and I’ve never experienced it before. I’m not sure what that says about me as a person, as I enjoy friendships as well as attraction, but I’ve never been interested in pursuing a romantic relationship.

You're 100% right. I love romance stuff irl but struggle to find a book or tv show where I like the way romance is handled. It's rare.

Not really unpopular, but it IS funny how the people who preach kindness (both evangelical Christian and ‘Blue Wave’) are the rudest on social media

Last edited:
I don’t understand the hype around The Sandman on Netflix.

I’m currently watching the series and finding it nothing but mediocre in terms of both storytelling and character development.

I can't stand Meghan Markle or Prince Harry. They just come across as the kind of people who will happily stab you in the back just so they can continue to play Mr & Mrs Perfect in the public eye.

i don’t know why people hated turning red, i mean it got mostly positive reactions on here when people were talking about it but on other places on the internet it did not. some people say that it’s the worst pixar movie that has ever been made but i actually thought that it was well written. the story captured my attention more than most movies ive seen.

I wish men’s body image issues were taken more seriously. I’m a feminist lady who is opposed to any form of body-shaming to anyone of any gender. Lately I’ve seen a lot of people making fun of this guy in a Dragon show (never seen it, sorry) because they think he’s “ugly.” If he were a lady, people would take it more seriously. (Which they should, but they’re only ignoring it bc he’s a man.) Idk. I’m just sick of people thinking it’s okay to make fun of someone’s appearance. You don’t have to be attracted to everyone; we all have preferences. But you shouldn’t attack people who aren’t your type. It’s more damaging than they realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back