• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe im on that side of reddit again, but anti-religious people are just as bad as religious extremists. i do agree that religion has introduced a lot of harmful ideologies (homophobia, transphobia) but not every religious person believes those things. saying that "religion is a cancer to this world" has completely gone too far and anyone who says that has lost their marbles.
Those people are the number one reason why I hate reddit! They’re so stuck up and toxic. I don’t get why people have to attack each other about what they believe or don’t as long as it’s not hurting anyone!

maybe im on that side of reddit again, but anti-religious people are just as bad as religious extremists. i do agree that religion has introduced a lot of harmful ideologies (homophobia, transphobia) but not every religious person believes those things. saying that "religion is a cancer to this world" has completely gone too far and anyone who says that has lost their marbles.
There was a South Park two-parter episode that explained it best. The future has rid the world of religion completely, and yet they were still having wars. They’re even having a conflict on which atheist faction represents atheism the best. And when Cartman changed the future and got rid of the atheism conflicts, they said that there are still wars going on. What the message is saying is that there will always be conflicts (and wars) no matter what, with or without religion.

Those people are the number one reason why I hate reddit! They’re so stuck up and toxic. I don’t get why people have to attack each other about what they believe or don’t as long as it’s not hurting anyone!
Reddit is just another toxic pit like Twitter tbh. It's handy to Google something and find an answer on Reddit right away or check one of the subs for help fixing something or whatever, but for just outright discussion it is toxic. Too many people 'karma farming', everyone has to be the next comedian when someone just wants an answer, gang up on someone if they don't share the hivemind, and everything on there is just a fake fanfiction story created by some bored teen looking for attention.

Heck even the subs for fixing stuff have devolved. I have an antique chest. The inside smells musty despite all the work I put into cleaning and fixing it up. I went to Reddit to ask everyone what their go to remedies for killing stubborn smells was. The only person that commented was some pompous jerk who got snappy and asked for pictures. You cannot smell a picture. So I don't know how that would help that knucklehead.

There was a South Park two-parter episode that explained it best. The future has rid the world of religion completely, and yet they were still having wars. They’re even having a conflict on which atheist faction represents atheism the best. And when Cartman changed the future and got rid of the atheism conflicts, they said that there are still wars going on. What the message is saying is that there will always be conflicts (and wars) no matter what, with or without religion.
The moral of the story is don't freeze yourself so you can get the Wii when it's finally released. Or whatever next-gen console comes out. Because you might really change the future a lot.

elf and a christmas story are possibly the two most overrated and over played christmas movies on TV, and i acknowledge that im probably saying that because they’re not within my personal taste. i could never get bored of national lampoon’s christmas vacation even though that’s probably played just as much.

Dark Humor can be really funny if done right.
I agree. It always sucks to see people use it as an excuse to be genuinely bad. But I think that it can be hilarious if the person telling those jokes is actually funny.
Post automatically merged:

My grandma is a christian and she is one of the most excepting people I know! She never tried to push religion on me, and she doesn't treat me any different because I'm gay. People who think all religious people are just hateful nutcases need to spend more time talking to people in the real world.

Last edited:
we as a society should consider a 4 day work week, or lesser full-time hours. i sincerely don't understand how people can manage a work-life balance with a 40+ hour work week and stay mentally stable. maybe this is a skill issue (me) but this is legitimately the least fulfilling thing i've ever experienced. and i love my job, but i hate working so much.

I believe everyone is entitled to Basic Human Rights. The world in my opinion is in such a disgusting place right now, the fact that people don't think everyone deserves food and water and a place to sleep is beyond me. Just staying alive is a struggle for so many, and the fact that we have to "earn a living" is wrong.

we as a society should consider a 4 day work week, or lesser full-time hours. i sincerely don't understand how people can manage a work-life balance with a 40+ hour work week and stay mentally stable. maybe this is a skill issue (me) but this is legitimately the least fulfilling thing i've ever experienced. and i love my job, but i hate working so much.
Agreed!! I value people's well-being over their ""productivity"" anyway, but even approaching it from the latter angle, people are actually generally able to perform better and do more working 20-25 hours a week and having three-day weekends, as counter-intuitive as it may sound. Fulfillment in one's personal life leads to a better ability to work! But what's currently considered "full-time" work really doesn't give people enough time to take care of errands, spend time with loved ones, engage in their personal interests and hobbies, and still take care of themselves. :/

I believe everyone is entitled to Basic Human Rights. The world in my opinion is in such a disgusting place right now, the fact that people don't think everyone deserves food and water and a place to sleep is beyond me. Just staying alive is a struggle for so many, and the fact that we have to "earn a living" is wrong.
Seriously!! It is so incredibly wild to me that humanity has come this far, to the point where we have the resources to make sure no human is without the basic means to just survive, and we... don't?? (General "we" here ofc, I'm referring to the people in power/the grander structure of society, not any one person on TBT lol.) Like personally, I don't give a damn how "useful" someone is—whatever the hell that means anyway—but imagine how many people could achieve greatness in science, arts, technology, whatever, if they weren't burdened by worrying about them and their families' imminent survival.

I hate the NFL because the people in charge have extremely messed up values and same goes for a lot of the players and fans. They are mostly homophobic men who will let convicted animal abusers continue to play despite saying said players would be permanently banned from the organization after being convicted and let men who literally knock out women on camera and drag them off by their hair and those who beat children with sticks as some sort of sick punishment continue to play after telling them they can’t play for a couple of games. I’m sorry but aren’t these people supposed to be role models? Why should they get special treatment when a regular person would be arrested immediately and then be deemed a monster by society before any trial?

I would think that maybe changing things up a bit in the schedule every week might help matters as well. We could work less days and/or have some days that aren't full shifts, like maybe come in at 11am instead of 8am!

That's one thing I loved about college. You could have a solid schedule for five days, or you could take more classes on one day and less on another. Plus, you could schedule classes to start later every day! My earliest class in my last couple of years of undergrad was 9:30 am, and that was just one the entirety of those two years. I had days where I started at 10am or 11am! I miss that.

Jobs treat us like we are robots. We are living beings with needs. We need some variation, and we need some time to catch up on sleep. Plus, we need time to chill. And much more than the meager amount that we are given in the US. =/

I hope this isn’t a super controversial take here but from what I’ve seen the Wendigoon drama just seems silly. I’ve been on the Internet a long time and this genuinely feels like one of the biggest cases of people just looking to be upset at a content creator over nothing that I’ve seen
people gotta stop listing every single medical/mental condition they have on the internet. it's more dangerous than you realize, you may as well doxx yourself at that point.
I’m kinda guilty of this even tho I agree with you lol. I wish my old accounts on some other places were gone, that’s all I’m gonna say

speaking of.
Screenshot_20231216_094315_Facebook.png

abolish the 40 hour work week. give people their lives and families back.

I dont think anyone should have to work ever, its nearly 2024, I don't even see why we should have to get out of bed anymore. Why dont the governments just get drones to fly through our windows and wash us and feed us?

Besides the 2020s, the 2010s is the worst decade since the 1940s. While we can all agree that America gotten worse since Trump became president, I felt this way ever since Obamacare was passed and signed into law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back