• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The non-Mario characters don't belong in Mario Kart. They may as well change the name of this game to Smash Kart. I used to think Cat Peach/Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario/Gold Mario were filler characters but at least they are Mario characters. :rolleyes:
This reminds me of how dumb the Koopalings are (Wendy, Roy, Larry, etc). Literally who actually likes them? There's so many and they take up so many roster spots when we could have better characters. Such a waste.

This reminds me of how dumb the Koopalings are (Wendy, Roy, Larry, etc). Literally who actually likes them? There's so many and they take up so many roster spots when we could have better characters. Such a waste.
I actually like seeing the Koopalings in Mario Kart lol. My favorites are Ludwig, Wendy, Larry, and Lemmy. One of them (either Roy or Morton) kinda sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger when he screams/grunts and it’s funny to me. But I could also see where some people would be annoyed with them.

EDIT: Morton is the one who sounds like drunk Ahnuld.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Here are some political ones:
  • Society started going downhill in 2007, not 2020 or 2016. It was already on a downwards slide throughout the entire 2010s, but it sure got worse since 2020.
  • Bill Clinton and George W Bush were actually good presidents.
  • Barack Obama is the worst two-term president in terms of job performance (yes, I’m still anti-Obama).
  • The “squad” should be expelled from Congress and barred from running for office again.
Although I’m not as conservative as I used to be (yes, I’ve changed ever since Tucker Carlson got fired, and I’m not going to support these culture wars), I’m still part of that conservative wing created by the 1994 Republicans, so my opinions on several of these issues are still with the conservative side. But since most of the GOP has gone to the extremes, I couldn’t follow along with the party, but I’m still not a leftist. In fact, I’m more of a RINO.

I've always prefer cartoon style, anime style, or basically just stylized video games over video games that focuses too much on "hyper-realism" and "testing the limit of the graphics".

Especially FPS games like CoD or games like Assassin's Creed and Fallout. The graphics turned me away and ultra-realistic graphics on games aren't my cup of tea.

“A Christmas Story” is one of the worst Christmas movies I’ve seen. It’s stressful and unsettling to watch. It always creeped me out when I was young, though I couldn’t place why. I still find it creepy now as an adult. Besides, it’s just annoying; “you’ll shoot your eye out, kid!” got annoying real fast.

I Want it That Way by The Backstreet Boys is not a good song. Granted, it's not the worst song ever but it's such an earworm. Therefore, I can't find that Brooklyn 99 clip of the suspects singing it funny.

I Want it That Way by The Backstreet Boys is not a good song. Granted, it's not the worst song ever but it's such an earworm. Therefore, I can't find that Brooklyn 99 clip of the suspects singing it funny.
I've never even listened to it, but I think it's kind of funny because this one kid in my grade used to sing it all the time last year.

I don't mean to be political but I HATE the American Healthcare System. Its always these Insurances, Pharmacies and Doctors who keep saying "we don't take your insurance" if they are not part of the network. It is SO stupid! That has happened to me so many times and I had to pay co-pays that costs so much money. Seriously do they care about the people or just profits?

Last edited:
I don't know how unpopular this is, but dark chocolate is pretty good. Not better than milk chocolate, but it's a decent substitute. I know it's off putting because it's bitter, but it's not that bad.

I have yet to try a "gourmet" burger that I liked more than a fast food burger. Every time I've had a burger at an upscale restaurant, I've been disappointed.
What's the matter, you don't like gold shaved on your burger? Depending where you order one, if it's not the restaurant's main attraction it might not be decent. Like if you go to a steak house or seafood place and get a burger you're probably going to be disappointed.

“A Christmas Story” is one of the worst Christmas movies I’ve seen. It’s stressful and unsettling to watch. It always creeped me out when I was young, though I couldn’t place why. I still find it creepy now as an adult. Besides, it’s just annoying; “you’ll shoot your eye out, kid!” got annoying real fast.
I think you mentioned why. It's not your average Christmas feel good movie. Everything that can go wrong does. The ending of the movie is them going to a Chinese restaurant at Christmas because their dinner gets ruined? I forget how it ends, but it's something like that. They really don't focus on that it's Christmas. Just that it's on Christmas. It's more of a real take on how Christmas can and sometimes turns out unsatisfying.

Being in a relationship is overrated.
Yeah I think a lot of people rush into them because they love the idea and concept of them and less about the person they're getting involved with.

What's the matter, you don't like gold shaved on your burger? Depending where you order one, if it's not the restaurant's main attraction it might not be decent. Like if you go to a steak house or seafood place and get a burger you're probably going to be disappointed.

If the burger was that fancy I could maybe appreciate the experience, at least!
At least some of these upscale places have been specifically focused on gourmet burgers, but I'm certain that you're right about some of the other places I've had disappointing burgers at. I don't like how big and messy they tend to be.

maybe im on that side of reddit again, but anti-religious people are just as bad as religious extremists. i do agree that religion has introduced a lot of harmful ideologies (homophobia, transphobia) but not every religious person believes those things. saying that "religion is a cancer to this world" has completely gone too far and anyone who says that has lost their marbles.

maybe im on that side of reddit again, but anti-religious people are just as bad as religious extremists. i do agree that religion has introduced a lot of harmful ideologies (homophobia, transphobia) but not every religious person believes those things. saying that "religion is a cancer to this world" has completely gone too far and anyone who says that has lost their marbles.
A lot of churches and the such hold local food drives and help in many ways for the lower class. Which is more than I can probably say about the angry keyboard warrior on Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back