• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
French toast is absolutely disgusting. I can't eat it, I'll throw up. Waffles is the superior and best breakfast item. (alongside hash browns and any type of potato)

I think gift cards are an awesome gift and not a lazy gift that some people think. While picking out an item is great, if you aren't sure if they would enjoy it why not just give a giftcard that way they can choose what they want? I think knowing where someone shops and giving them a gift card is practical cause they can save money and they can choose! I love gift cards.

I always HATED gym buzzers in school. They were so obnoxiously, unnecessarily loud and blaring, and such a jumpscare. There’s gotta be a better way to end a gym session. There’s gotta.
I have a similar thing at work, but it's usually to announce when people are at the door. I work at a warehouse and they just lay in on the buzzer for a whole good 15-30 seconds. You don't gotta do that. It just makes you look like a jackass.

chain pizza places SUCK!!! i’m talking about dominos, papa john’s, and pizza hut. the only good chain i can think of is a local chain that is exclusively in my state. small locally owned businesses/restaurants are the way to go when ordering pizza.

I always HATED gym buzzers in school. They were so obnoxiously, unnecessarily loud and blaring, and such a jumpscare. There’s gotta be a better way to end a gym session. There’s gotta.
I hated gym class and was severely traumatized by an incident in that class which the school blamed me for even though what had happened was clearly not my fault at all. Gym class is evil and shouldn’t be forced on kids who aren’t athletic or interested in doing stuff like playing sports or dodgeball.

Star Wars isn’t that great. I’ve seen the all films once thanks to my father loving them, but I just found them really boring and long. I’m glad people love them, I just don’t understand the hype haha.

Also Halloween is better than Christmas. It’s a hill I’ll die on. You can not tell me that spooky stories, skulls, candy, bats and pumpkin guts isn’t way better than the stress and expense of Christmas. 😂

Star Wars isn’t that great. I’ve seen the all films once thanks to my father loving them, but I just found them really boring and long. I’m glad people love them, I just don’t understand the hype haha.

Also Halloween is better than Christmas. It’s a hill I’ll die on. You can not tell me that spooky stories, skulls, candy, bats and pumpkin guts isn’t way better than the stress and expense of Christmas. 😂
for some reason, the all the intricate technology in star wars kinda grosses me out. i get grossed out (like physically repulsed) by tiny, intricate manmade things, like lego people for example, and can’t even eat while looking at them for some reason. i guess it’s just some kind of rare sensory issue and/or phobia. i don’t like most of the character designs or color pallettes either. it’s like the opposite of my aesthetic I guess ^^;

Star Wars is way overrated and I think at this point the producers are now just flashing the audience with some amazing special effects that everyone who watched the movies now don’t really pay attention to how well written the script or plot is anymore. Show a few explosions and some fancy shiny lights and no one notices the major plot holes.

Another random thing I’ve noticed…

Some movie/TV production studios like to advertise their Rotten Tomatoes score on their trailers in an effort to get people to watch their content. First off, I don’t care what the score is, no matter how good you say it is. Second, that score you show us is subject to change at any time. It only becomes a more permanent score pretty much after the original run ends. There’s a reason why some movies have retained their 100% score years after their original run - they’re universally acclaimed. When you see a 99% score being advertised on a movie’s post-release trailer that’s only been in the theater for three days, don’t expect that to stay most of the time. There will be people that will leave negative reviews once they see it themselves and drag down the score further.

The score is useful for those that go to the actual site and are curious, but it makes the studios sound desperate for views.

I think the Ty Beanie Boos plushes look kind of creepy.

They would be much cuter if they didn't look like they're constantly staring into your soul...

Mobile apps suck so bad.

There are so many that have cool concepts but the amount of ads or 'pay for more lives!' literally ruin the entire experience.

I downloaded an app to play around with learning coding. Since I didn't pay for the premium version, I had to watch an ad between every lesson, and I ended up getting an answer wrong too many times and ran out out of 'lives.' To get more, I had to either wait a day or buy them with real money. What an atrocious mess. How can anyone expect to learn with those interruptions?

So tired of mobile apps.

Mobile apps suck so bad.

There are so many that have cool concepts but the amount of ads or 'pay for more lives!' literally ruin the entire experience.
And then the ones that don't have cool concepts are just some of the cheapest and saddest cash grabs I've ever seen. Some of them look like they had a budget of five dollars.

most people from my generation (gen Z) just hate to admit they were also ipad kids. we were just given devices aged 9+ rather than how now now a days gen alpha is given phones/computers younger and younger (age 4+)

i don’t understand the skibiddi toilet brainrot either but look at us, we were watching minecraft, roblox, and meme animations all day. it’s just that the consequences of giving your kids devices at an earlier age is more apparent now than it was 7+ years ago. gen z talks about how gen alphas are cringy ipad kids but my guy… you were the ORIGINAL cringy ipad kid.

classified as an unpopular opinion just because this is a popular discussion point between gen z

Last edited:
most people from my generation (gen Z) just hate to admit they were also ipad kids. we were just given devices aged 9+ rather than how now now a days gen alpha is given phones/computers younger and younger (age 4+)

i don’t understand the skibiddi toilet brainrot either but look at us, we were watching minecraft, roblox, and meme animations all day. it’s just that the consequences of giving your kids devices at an earlier age is more apparent now than it was 7+ years ago. gen z talks about how gen alphas are cringy ipad kids but my guy… you were the ORIGINAL cringy ipad kid.

classified as an unpopular opinion just because this is a popular discussion point between gen z
Speaking of iPad kids, Another controversial opinion I have is that parents need to be extremely responsible and actually care for their kids. As in, actually guiding and raising kids and not relying on phones and tablets as electronic babysitters, it's like just leaving a kid in front of TV the whole day and it's bad.

If they want to show computer or technology to kids, at least teach them about online safety, basics, and restrict their access to actually kid-friendly websites. Maybe, have a DVD box set of old cartoons and an old CD-ROM educational game or two. Maybe, actually give time to kids like reading a bedtime story or reading a book together. Teaching them life lessons is also a good idea.

Last edited:
hate it when teachers will give out massive study guides for an upcoming test and make it due a specific date. like that doesn’t help me at all, at that point im more concerned with completing the study guide that technically is homework without actually studying (if that makes sense).

i understand that teachers want to make sure that students are studying but if they fail the test that’s THEIR problem.

Who cares about celebrities? I get it for teenagers to want to keep up with celeb drama and red carpet outfits and all that but to have people in their 30s and above talking about it like it's the hottest news is silly to me. Maybe I'm the one out of touch but who literally cares about who's dating who or what some singer wore to an event? This is high school stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back