what's your favorite cake flavor, or type of cake?

red velvet, easy. lemon and coffee are probably second and third? but also ofc classic chocokage

CHEESECAKE!! As for normal cakes, red velvet is high up (due to the cream cheese icing)

Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake_1R.jpg
Carrot-Cake-textless-googleFourB.jpg

I like pineapple upside down cake or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Carrot cake, coffee & walnut cake, or a very rich chocolate cake

I hear coffee & walnut cake isn't popular outside of the UK? Weird imo, it's one of the best 🍰

I hear coffee & walnut cake isn't popular outside of the UK? Weird imo, it's one of the best 🍰
we have coffee cake here in the USA, not quite the same as coffee and walnut cake but similar in concept. USA coffee cake is more like a crumbly bread, it's delicious.

Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream or cream cheese vanilla frosting. I also do enjoy a really chocolately chocolate cake with chocolate frosting occasionally. I love carrot cake too.

I did get a strawberry one recently though that had like whipped cream frosting and that was really good too

Bottom line is any cake is good cake to me, I’ll take any kind of cake with some coffee and be happy :)

My number one favorite though it’s not traditional cake, cheesecake!
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 579580View attachment 579582
I like pineapple upside down cake or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Oooh how could I forget about pineapple upside down cake, that is soooo delicious. I actually had never had it until like a year ago and now I love it and it’s one of my favorites

Anything vanilla works for me, I LOVE it. Add in some fresh strawberries and I'm probably gonna go crazy.

I used to like chocolate cake when I was a kid, but now the only cake I like that I tried is lemon pound cake if that counts. No frosting or anything. Otherwise, no cake or ice cream for me 😅.

I would automatically say chocolate but I also love coffee cake, lemon cake and ice cream cake 😋 let’s face it, life is better with cake 🧁

I like lemon-flavoured cake 😋 once my mom made me a lemon birthday cake with coconut buttercream frosting and it was amazing

Cheesecake all the way!!! The flavor doesn't matter to me, but my favorites are vanilla and strawberry. As for regular cakes, I'm going with cookies & creme and red velvet (though I rarely get a chance to try it).

I like European cakes, with fruits, mousses, and little cake finally. Nothing too sweet. I not fond of icing and hate fondant, but I don't mind chocolate cupcakes once in a while. I love strawberry shortcake, with a lot of strawberries.

I like tres leches, ice cream cake, chocolate lava cake, fruit topped cakes.

Honorable mentions: Gooey butter cake, flourless chocolate cake. On the Wikipedia page that lists different kinds of cake, I saw pavlova (which I don’t exactly categorize as a cake, but if it counts then I do love a pavlova!)

In general, I find generic American cakes (like your generic grocery store cake) to be so bland and dry and too dense/floury. Asian cakes in general are lighter and less sweet (which is surprising good despite having a sweet tooth!), but I really love rich buttery or chocolatey decadent cakes too.

I think the key is just finding a bakery that you like. When I lived in New York, there was a great bakery near my school called the Rolling Pin, and they made these amazing fruit tarts, among other things. You couldn’t go wrong buying a cake from that place!

Back