• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When do you expect for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so this is a really, Really, REALLY long shot, buuut:

Nintendo generally gives new information on the What's New site on Thursdays. They may just skip the Nintendo Direct and go straight for the site article. Mind you, I don't think this will happen, but there is the slim possibility. It is 8:30 am at the NOA headquarters, so it will be later today that anything will be added.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew

I had a dream last night
and in that dream, I dreamed that the release date would be Oct. 10.
I doubt it would be right though since they said it would be here in the first half of the year.

Either way, I'm confused as to why South Korea got a release date before we did, but whatever.
I'd have to guess that they'll have the date in the next direct.

I had a dream last night
and in that dream, I dreamed that the release date would be Oct. 10.
I doubt it would be right though since they said it would be here in the first half of the year.

Either way, I'm confused as to why South Korea got a release date before we did, but whatever.
I'd have to guess that they'll have the date in the next direct.

they got a release date because korean is similar to japanese and probably didnt take that long to localize and probably because they got cf 2 years after us. imagine if we got acnl 2 years after japan. there would probably be riots im not even joking tbh. they deserve to have it before us and this kinda makes me think NA might possibly get it late april.

If they made us wait two MORE years for it, I wouldn't buy it just for the principle of the thing. LOL (I'm for real O_O) I don't care that Korea has a release date--that's great for them! But I'd like SOME dang mention of it for the rest of us that have been salivating over it for eons. :)

they got a release date because korean is similar to japanese and probably didnt take that long to localize and probably because they got cf 2 years after us. imagine if we got acnl 2 years after japan. there would probably be riots im not even joking tbh. they deserve to have it before us and this kinda makes me think NA might possibly get it late april.

Except South Korea tends to get stuff after us so you're wrong. Just saying.

wtf how am i wrong
there is no right way of releasing things. like america got cf first, that usually doesnt happen.
im saying idk why south korea got cf 2 years after everyone and now the second to get nl. but im guessing its because its a very similar language to japanese and why shouldnt they get it before us? na and eu have more languages to be translated into so it seems right.
im not wrong, theres no book saying countries should get it in this order.
-___-

Though considering that Japan and South Korea share a lot of the same holidays, all that was really needed was to change the language for them. Everything else would be just like the JP game. They deserve to get the game early anyway, after having to wait so long for the previous AC, and the multitude of other games that they still don't have.

The UK always gets screwed over by being in the EU in the gaming industry, so many small languages. Damn you Europe.

Except South Korea tends to get stuff after us so you're wrong. Just saying.

wtf how am i wrong
there is no right way of releasing things. like america got cf first, that usually doesnt happen.
im saying idk why south korea got cf 2 years after everyone and now the second to get nl. but im guessing its because its a very similar language to japanese and why shouldnt they get it before us? na and eu have more languages to be translated into so it seems right.
-___-

I think we can do without the hostility all the way around. While I am happy for SK for getting the game so soon, I'm not sure all of the delays is totally localization. I think there is a lot of marketing strategy in the mix as well. While I am not entirely sure of any of this, can any of us say that we are. We are just a bunch of players that has no professional ties to the company. It does no good for us to get hostile towards each other just because we are sure we are right and no one else is.

i was just saying that im not wrong in saying what i said because sk have already got a release date. my theory as to why probably isnt correct either.
but yeah i do think its just not localizing thats delaying it. i read somewhere that they dont want it to get in the way of the wii u sales which is ridiculous as christmas has gone and nobody will be buying wii us now that much anyway.

I expect they want everyone to hype A LOT about it, and have a huge release.

Maybe, but they need to make sure they don't wait too long, or they may lose some of the sales. As someone on another forum said, they are walking the fine line in the waiting game.

i get they want the hype but i doubt a lot of people really know about ac and its only people like us on the forums who are getting excited. dont they want to attract more fans?

Indeed. They really need to advertise - they did with Lets go to the City, but I'd never seen a WW advert. I guess they focus on Japan more, as they're into these sorts of games.

Ikr, They had the bus going through a forest as far as I remember. I used to get so excited XD.

wtf how am i wrong
-___-

I'm just saying, in typical video game release date cycles, it's Japan, NA, Europe, South Korea.

Maybe, but they need to make sure they don't wait too long, or they may lose some of the sales. As someone on another forum said, they are walking the fine line in the waiting game.

Oh they are definitely walking the line.

I'm hoping they may try to announce it next month. I get why they may not this month, because with this Pokemon hype going on right now, it may get slightly overlooked. Also as others posted, they are walking on the fine line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back