• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

Dom is a rainbow Jock sheep. That's pretty dang fabulous, right there.

In my mind, my island is a lovely queer paradise. I don't really picture my villagers having sexual orientations, but I figure I'm gay enough for all of us combined.

None of them. I don't want to relate any sexuality, straight or otherwise, with virtual fictional childish animals, especially not by correlating it onto something meaningless like the colour of their clothes. C'mon, have some decency. :p
It's only indecent if you shove Raymond in a maid dress and force him and Marshal to sing KK Bubblegum and proceed to make weird or nsfw fanart of said thing-

So, in Pocket Camp, Pietro wears a dawn tee (literally just the bi flag upside down), and Dom wears a rainbow tee. So I headcanon them as rainbow sheep boyfriends!
Julian and Kidd were introduced at the same time in that game, so I can’t help but think of them as dating. Maybe it’s because β€˜the photographer and his fashionable muse’ dynamic sounds cute to me.
Cherry and Muffy are both some variety of sapphic. They’re possibly dating.
Fuchsia is definitely a lesbian.
Stella is bi!
Honestly, I headcanon all of my favorite female villagers as lgbtq. And if any villagers live on my queer, rainbow themed island? They’re queer to me

to add to the original topic- tiffany? definitely a drag queen. i mean, with those fishnets,, girl she’s gotta be there’s no way she isn’t

i also low key imagine that olivia is a drag queen (and also best friends with tiffany). the beauty mark just reminds me a little of bianca del rio!

It's only indecent if you shove Raymond in a maid dress and force him and Marshal to sing KK Bubblegum and proceed to make weird or nsfw fanart of said thing-

Ah yup. I've seen this exact conversation get out of hand before and it was followed with things I wish I hadn't seen.

I'm not going to quote everyone that quoted me on that, perhaps I should have picked my words better there (generally a good idea in a topic like this lol) but I meant it more as a "In my opinion, we should maybe just let them do their airplane thing in peace". But, if you would prefer not to, I get that too. ;D

Ah yup. I've seen this exact conversation get out of hand before and it was followed with things I wish I hadn't seen.

I'm not going to quote everyone that quoted me on that, perhaps I should have picked my words better there (generally a good idea in a topic like this lol) but I meant it more as a "In my opinion, we should maybe just let them do their airplane thing in peace". But, if you would prefer not to, I get that too. ;D
I mean to be perfectly honest I never even thought of my villagers sexuality until this post came along. I mean I have ideas n such but overall I just let my villagers just be cute little animals. I honestly don't seen them as anything but straight (aside from Filbert but I have my own theory on him. And I guess the obvious one Julian but I don't know.) Probably by tomorrow I'll forget about this post and go back to just enjoying my sexualityless animals. I'm just not into furries and shipping them. I love Ac so much because th aniamls are cute. The Raymond x Marxhal thing makes me cringe. It's literally just based on the fact that they're popular smugs. That's it. Literally no substance.

Woah I didn’t expect there to be pretty deep conversations about this topic and I apologize if I caused some disarray in the thread. The only reason I created this post to begin with is because, as a proud gay man myself, I strive to see more queer representation in the media (especially video games) and when an opportunity arises where there are characters with no backstory and stuff, my mind begins to make theories about this topic to make myself feel some sort of validation of representation, even if not canon. I hope I worded that right. :)

But the only β€œpretty much” confirmed queer villager in this game is Ed due to his bio on his old E-Reader card, which pretty much paints him to be based off of a β€œstereotypical gay man”

Woah I didn’t expect there to be pretty deep conversations about this topic and I apologize if I caused some disarray in the thread. The only reason I created this post to begin with is because, as a proud gay man myself, I strive to see more queer representation in the media (especially video games) and when an opportunity arises where there are characters with no backstory and stuff, my mind begins to make theories about this topic to make myself feel some sort of validation of representation, even if not canon. I hope I worded that right. :)

But the only β€œpretty much” confirmed queer villager in this game is Ed due to his bio on his old E-Reader card, which pretty much paints him to be based off of a β€œstereotypical gay man”

so do it. if it's a good game I'll buy it and play it. I love all games.

Would you happen to know Ed's bio from the E-Reader? I would love to hear it. Oh and you didn't cause disarray darling. We just have our opinions on this topic. While I don't mind LGBTQ representation I just feel like it would be out of place for a game like Animal Crossing. I mean your character can be whatever you wish. (Mine is a cross dressing boy/ drag queen.) But I guess as a whole Animal crossing furries and lgbtq don't really mix in my opinion. (However, I'll recommend a game with a bit of gay in it. It's a visual novel called Blind Men. I say check it out if you want representation. ;) )

@Velvet_nosebleed I think it's nice that everybody seems to interpret their villagers in the way that makes them feel most at home in their island c:
I've seen topics like this start to get out of hand, and this isn't one of those cases, even if some people are uncomfortable with the idea. And that's their prerogative! Everybody should have whatever headcanon makes them happy. AC should be a safe space for everyone, at least on your own island.

Would you happen to know Ed's bio from the E-Reader? I would love to hear it. Oh and you didn't cause disarray darling. We just have our opinions on this topic. While I don't mind LGBTQ representation I just feel like it would be out of place for a game like Animal Crossing. I mean your character can be whatever you wish. (Mine is a cross dressing boy/ drag queen.) But I guess as a whole Animal crossing furries and lgbtq don't really mix in my opinion. (However, I'll recommend a game with a bit of gay in it. It's a visual novel called Blind Men. I say check it out if you want representation. ;) )
33B35C36-97D1-409A-8E77-AF0867496996.jpeg

It’s hard to read but it says:

β€œEd is a real dandy. He has the best wardrobe and the most beautiful home in town. That boy was born with a clothing designer’s heart and an interior designer’s soul”

You also have to keep in mind that this card was made in the 90s, where queer representation and stuff wasn’t as prominent as it is today. And back then, that was the main stereotype. Tho it doesn’t confirm it, personally, I feel like it’s pointing in that direction to me.

View attachment 290316

It’s hard to read but it says:

β€œEd is a real dandy. He has the best wardrobe and the most beautiful home in town. That boy was born with a clothing designer’s heart and an interior designer’s soul”

You also have to keep in mind that this card was made in the 90s, where queer representation and stuff wasn’t as prominent as it is today. And back then, that was the main stereotype. Tho it doesn’t confirm it, personally, I feel like it’s pointing in that direction to me.
Hm..I mean I could see Ed as they stereotypical gay. I can definitely see why you would think Ed is gay.

It's weird that only discussions about LGBT+ characters get people calling for decency, and not with heterosexual or cisgender characters. Like someone has mentioned before, the game literally just had a marriage, there are families like the family of Kapp'n, characters talk in a flirty way sometimes. I find it weird that that is all fine and decent, but headcanoning certain characters as LGBT+ suddenly isn't? It's of course totally fine if you don't want to think about it, but I wonder if people see LGBT+ as more "sexual" or "less decent" inherently.

Anyway, in my mind, Gabi is a butch lesbunny.

It's weird that only discussions about LGBT+ characters get people calling for decency, and not with heterosexual or cisgender characters. Like someone has mentioned before, the game literally just had a marriage, there are families like the family of Kapp'n, characters talk in a flirty way sometimes. I find it weird that that is all fine and decent, but headcanoning certain characters as LGBT+ suddenly isn't? It's of course totally fine if you don't want to think about it, but I wonder if people see LGBT+ as more "sexual" or "less decent" inherently.
Thank you. Exactly my thought. It's always the same thing and it's really boring.

@Misha They do, plain and simple. I don't always think it's malicious, just outside of their norm, and makes them "think about it" in a way most people don't for hetero couples. Even with kids in the picture.
Edit: not condoning that either, I just grew up around that attitude, and have a lot of it in my family.

Back