• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

It's weird that only discussions about LGBT+ characters get people calling for decency, and not with heterosexual or cisgender characters. Like someone has mentioned before, the game literally just had a marriage, there are families like the family of Kapp'n, characters talk in a flirty way sometimes. I find it weird that that is all fine and decent, but headcanoning certain characters as LGBT+ suddenly isn't? It's of course totally fine if you don't want to think about it, but I wonder if people see LGBT+ as more "sexual" or "less decent" inherently.

Anyway, in my mind, Gabi is a butch lesbunny.
I think people see the LGBTQ as more "lewd" when you think about all the furry fans who like to sexualize Raymond in a maid dress and Marshal. I guess on the surface it's okay but I think when you see the nsfw fan art artist will produce for LGBTQ then I can see why it's less decent and more sexualized. In my opinion I don't see LGBTQ fitting in a game like ac. I just don't think it fits. Heck even kappn doesn't fit being an old man flirting with young girls.

And on a more positive note and the actual goal of the topic, I think Katt & Tabby would make a great couple 💞

a1f6949325b03db2bee4071c3e7c2c74.jpg

6c5f0bb543b7680d3d87e4618b3801fb.png
Aww, these are really adorable!
Post automatically merged:

I think people see the LGBTQ as more "lewd" when you think about all the furry fans who like to sexualize Raymond in a maid dress and Marshal. I guess on the surface it's okay but I think when you see the nsfw fan art artist will produce for LGBTQ then I can see why it's less decent and more sexualized. In my opinion I don't see LGBTQ fitting in a game like ac. I just don't think it fits. Heck even kappn doesn't fit being an old man flirting with young girls.
I've personally never come across any fanart of Raymond on accident but I have stumbled upon many of Isabelle throughout the years, that were almost always made by/for heterosexual men. NSFW content of Animal Crossing is a different debate that LGBT+ content, even if some of that isn't straight.

Also, it's fine if you want a game without reference to any romantic relationships, but again there was the wedding event. Would that be suddenly different had it been a couple who wasn't straight?

Last edited:
I wonder if people see LGBT+ as more "sexual" or "less decent" inherently.

They absolutely do. Nobody bats an eye at characters making references to romance as long as it’s straight—like Isabelle’s ongoing crush on KK, to name just another example.

When I think of shipping characters, straight or otherwise, I imagine innocent scenarios: Holding hands, singing together, maybe sharing an umbrella. Just cute, fluffy stuff like the artwork that @Magus shared.

Aww, these are really adorable!

I've personally never come across any fanart of Raymond on accident but I have stumbled upon many of Isabelle throughout the years, that were almost always made by/for heterosexual men. NSFW content of Animal Crossing is a different debate that LGBT+ content, even if some of that isn't straight.

Also, it's fine if you want a game without reference to any romantic relationships, but again there was the wedding event. Would that be suddenly different had it been a couple who wasn't straight?
You have been spared by God- I've far too much nsfw Raymond art it's ridiculous. Like seriously?! Raymond isn't gay and won't wear a maid dress doing nsfw things.
Tbh I hated the wedding even and thought it was stupid. It wouldn't matter to me if It was Flick and CJ. I just don't care for romance in the furry community. I find it weird and I'm just overall uncomfortable with it. (Which I i'll never ship CJ and Flick. I see them as business partners. Nothing else. Heck I still see Reese and Cyrus as business partners. I didn't even realize they were a thing until months ago even though I played new leaf all the time,,) I don't know. I'm just not into furry romance and giving my villagers sexual identifies. I just see them as cute little characters who live on my island doing the airplane.

The wedding event was boring! It was so restrictive. It should have allowed people more creativity and a chance to pick whatever couples we wanted not just Reece and Cyrus and whatever of the three color pallets it was for the day. I didn’t even finish it.
Im not for any of the romances in the game because Its not really my style, but I do love to read these posts because I love people’s creativity and how excited they get. It’s cute and interesting things a brought up that I didn’t even think about. I just don’t usually respond because I don’t have much to contribute ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
@Magus that art of Katt and Tabby is adorable and I have Tabby’s amiibo if your interested.

I feel like this thread got really off topic lol. I just wanted to make an innocent thread and hear people’s ideas but people are starting to turn it into something I didn’t intend. This thread was just to see which villagers could potentially be lgbt based mostly on design and that’s it.

Judging by the way Rolf reacted to Astrid's recent advances, he may be more comfortable among the boys.

His house is certainly quite 'camp', too.

;)

The wedding event was boring! It was so restrictive. It should have allowed people more creativity and a chance to pick whatever couples we wanted not just Reece and Cyrus and whatever of the three color pallets it was for the day. I didn’t even finish it.
Im not for any of the romances in the game because Its not really my style, but I do love to read these posts because I love people’s creativity and how excited they get. It’s cute and interesting things a brought up that I didn’t even think about. I just don’t usually respond because I don’t have much to contribute ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
@Magus that art of Katt and Tabby is adorable and I have Tabby’s amiibo if your interested.
So nice of you ! 😭
I actually don't TT for now so if one of my villager want to leave I'll contact you 🤩 ?

And I totally agree concerning the wedding event...

Ed, Julian, and Colton are in a love triangle. Julian and Colton are a new couple, Julian and Ed are exes who were together a long time. Ed still has feelings for Julian but he can see how happy the cheery Colton makes him.

I love these three villagers but I've never had any of them, but with the way I play my game now to experience as many villagers as possible, I am sure they will reside on the island of Shanghai one day :D

That Katt and Tabby fanart :love::love::love:

I only ship characters if they interact a lot. At this point, I only have one couple on my island which happens to be straight, but one or even both of the characters involved could absolutely be bi. I genarelly find it cute if it seems like characters are dating and I leave it up to them to choose their loved one. In my opinion, headcanons (which include relationships) add more deapth to my island neighbourhood.
I don't think that any of my characters are trans, but really, how would I know.

When it comes to villagers I don't have, I agree that Julia is definitely trans, simply based on the fact that her design is a "male" peacock who is female. Also Julian seems pretty gay to me, everything about his unicorn design suggests it, and him and Colton would make a cute couple.

I think Chevre and Nan are hinted at to be sisters. They don't have each other's photo because they're lovers.

Some of you guys are really reaching here. As a bi male I don't care if villagers are gay or straight.
Afaik, Chevre and Nan are actually based on a short childrens rhyme about a black and a white goat who send each other letters but they keep eating their letter so they send back a letter asking what was in the letter :p

Just a reminder to everyone that this thread is about villagers that you would perceive to be LGBT. Some posts have drifted a little too far away from the topic here. This thread was clearly meant to be about representation rather than titillation. Sexualisation of villagers and erotic fanart is a topic for another thread another forum altogether.

And on a more positive note and the actual goal of the topic, I think Katt & Tabby would make a great couple 💞

a1f6949325b03db2bee4071c3e7c2c74.jpg
I have Katt on my island and absolutely adore her. I've never like Tabby's design but based on this picture I sort of want her now. 😂

I have Katt on my island and absolutely adore her. I've never like Tabby's design but based on this picture I sort of want her now. 😂
Yeah I also kind of want Katt when I see this picture hahaha, but for now I've already have 2 sisterly on my island 🥴

Wade, gay. He's a penguin, enough said. Also he's got a rainbow umbrella.

And yeah obviously Ed and Julian like a lot of people mentioned.

I really don’t see villagers as having set sexualities, but I think that Julian and Marshal are definitely gay. I ship Audie x Whitney, but I’ve never read Flick and CJ as a gay couple. I interpreted “partners” as business partners my first time playing and was surprised so many people shipped them.

Also in the Japanese version, Saharah and Gracie are both effeminate men. So I guess you can interpret them to be canonly gay as well

None of them. I don't want to relate any sexuality, straight or otherwise, with virtual fictional childish animals, especially not by correlating it onto something meaningless like the colour of their clothes. C'mon, have some decency. :p
Tbh, I kinda get this as well since a lot of shippers annoy me. People really want to have my head if I say that I don’t like Flick x CJ. But ships don’t harm anyone so ‪¯\_(ツ)_/¯‬

Back