White Elephant Creations

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question about the event… are we only to draw original and animal crossing related content? are other fandoms allowed?

or is it all animal crossing/real-life-things (like animals, sleds, etc) and we can’t put original characters and stuff in them? i’m a bit confused.
You just need to draw something based on the prompt (the two words) you're given, which will be final on the 20th. It can be related to Animal Crossing, another fandom, or completely original. No restriction there!

1702789564069.png

I was just amused to see that Jeremy was a subject for drawing...
I'm just now realizing that I should've spent my tokens on an old, inactive member to increase the likelihood of stealing the correct item from them. I have no idea how the swaps intend to resolve-- is it based on time of token donation? Or alphabetical by usernames? Urgh...

I'm just now realizing that I should've spent my tokens on an old, inactive member to increase the likelihood of stealing the correct item from them. I have no idea how the swaps intend to resolve-- is it based on time of token donation? Or alphabetical by usernames? Urgh...
I tried that with a couple of accounts when I came across a couple of good prompts looking for the reindeer/eggs, but those accounts didn't seem to be able to receive the tokens. Maybe they put a limit on how inactive an account is?

I tried that with a couple of accounts when I came across a couple of good prompts looking for the reindeer/eggs, but those accounts didn't seem to be able to receive the tokens. Maybe they put a limit on how inactive an account is?
I was able to donate my token to a retired staff member; we’ll see how this works out. 😁

I was looking at that too! I think if an account has the tokens, they can be swapped. Some don't have the tokens. The problem is, what if I do that and someone swipes the new one. 😆

Or, what if someone else has already swiped that old good prompt and it's no longer original... decisions, decisions....

Going through people’s prompts in this thread and I am truly perplexed by the “Salt Truck” one. Like is this a Christmas tradition I’ve never heard of or what 🤨

If nobody else has volunteered this information yet, a salt truck is a truck that drives over the roads right before or after it snows, scattering salt in its wake. The salt helps snow to melt quickly and makes it difficult for ice to form, which keeps the roads a lot safer to drive. Some cities/countries hold contests to name their salt trucks and snowplows, usually pun names related to cold weather.

If nobody else has volunteered this information yet, a salt truck is a truck that drives over the roads right before or after it snows, scattering salt in its wake. The salt helps snow to melt quickly and makes it difficult for ice to form, which keeps the roads a lot safer to drive. Some cities/countries hold contests to name their salt trucks and snowplows, usually pun names related to cold weather.
Omg I literally forgot about salt on the road, my mind went straight to the seasoning lmao

Omg I literally forgot about salt on the road, my mind went straight to the seasoning lmao
Big fan of the idea that we're going to have a holiday feast so expansive that we need a salt truck to efficiently dispense all the salt.

(beeping sound as truck backs up) Hold it right there! Bring in the house-sized turkey!

What am I suppose to do? Am I suppose to get someone to steal my prompts and then wait till Dec 20th to draw? I don't really know if I want a different prompt I'm confused.

What am I suppose to do? Am I suppose to get someone to steal my prompts and then wait till Dec 20th to draw? I don't really know if I want a different prompt I'm confused.
You won't know your prompt until the 20th. Your prompt can change if someone swaps with you, but you won't know what it actually is until the 20th. The swap tokens are for if you would like to switch with someone, you can send them the token. The right token will swap the right word, and the left will swap the left. But you will not know exactly what your prompt is until the 20th.

Sooo.....no idea what i have, but as i posted earlier - it's really not a goose.

The poor goose was stolen early on. I feel bad because i still get tokens donated and a 'goose' msg....cuz whatever I have, it's not a goose. 😅

I mean, feel free to swap anyway. I'm up to attempt to draw anything (attempt, haha). But the goose is long gone....so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back