White Elephant Creations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cities/countries hold contests to name their salt trucks and snowplows, usually pun names related to cold weather.
One of the Road Commissions near where I live in Metro Detroit actually did this for their newest batch of 50 trucks they just got. Some are just straight up ridiculous-sounding (and they made puns for Rocky, Dolly Parton, Elton John, and even for Dumb and Dumber actor/Michigan native Jeff Daniels I think), but it's cool that they got creative.

Anyway, I know y'all want to draw something spiky. Or a pinecone that looks different. Or a spiky pinecone if you really, really want. Nobody would be impressed by a bunch of brown scribbles made in GIMP, that's for sure.

The prompts are now being recalculated and can no longer be swapped!

Part 2 of the task will officially start tomorrow at the same time as the other activities starting then, which will likely be a little less than 24 hours from now.

In the meantime, feel free to post the prompt you think you ended up with. (This may also help me double-check that I don't mess up the recalculation.)

The prompts are now being recalculated and can no longer be swapped!

Part 2 of the task will officially start tomorrow at the same time as the other activities starting then, which will likely be a little less than 24 hours from now.

In the meantime, feel free to post the prompt you think you ended up with. (This may also help me double-check that I don't mess up the recalculation.)
😢 I was waiting to use my tokens until the last minute... there wasn't a time given so I figured I literally had all of the 19th. This is a real bummer because I had some good ideas.

A homie swapped right prompts with me, so I think I might have red-nosed candy cane now. It’s not the prompt I wanted (I pulled an oops and thought that swapping also ended tomorrow, so I was waiting until then to swap lol), but I have an idea for it, so I’m not complaining!

As long as I have a prompt I can work with and that inspires me (which I hopefully do), I’m good. 😅

I think I have Golden ice skate. I really just wanted ice skate as the right prompt, lmao. I didn't care for whatever ended up on the left as long as it was an adjective I could work with.

😢 I was waiting to use my tokens until the last minute... there wasn't a time given so I figured I literally had all of the 19th. This is a real bummer because I had some good ideas.

this too lmao (or at least all of 19th until 11:59 pm tbt time)

but I can understand not having sniper wars, I guess. even though I think it'd of been far more potentially interesting, as a result

I think I have Confused Gingerbread Man. Someone took Gingerbread Man from me, but then I gave a right swap token to someone who hadn't been on in a couple months, and they only had one of each token, so I think no one else had given them a token yet. And their right prompt was also Gingerbread Man

I was a sneaky sneaker and wound up stealing prompts from some very old, inactive users and then tried to keep my head down LOL, so I should hopefully end up with "Gnarled Nutcracker"!! If it turns out according to plan I think it should be a pretty cool prompt to work with!

i forgot to steal some prompts :( although, if nobody switched mine, i'm pretty sure i should still have crispy snowball

Yeah I had no idea how this swapping thing worked so I didn't even try.

I still probably got Red-nosed Snow Plow, and if I were an artist I know how I'd do it.

Well. Didn't know the swapping was ending tonight. Planned to swap but didn't because I figured I'd save it to prevent someone else taking what I wanted to do. Don't think anyone took mine, and I didn't like my initial prompt since it wasn't really good to work with...so this is gonna suck lol. Oh well, participation points here I come.

I believe I got Ornery Angel. I spent some time looking at inactive users (I’d feel bad about stealing an active member’s prompt even though that was the whole point of the swap) and seeing what I could come up with. It sounded like an interesting one to attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back