Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Plucky

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Benedict

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Broffina

Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters
Knox and Ken are my choices for best! I love Knox being a knight, and I had Ken in my old NL game. Very pleasing colour palette.

I don't think I really have a least fave, the chickens are all underrated.

My favorite Chicken villager is definitely Knox. I like the aesthetic of knights in general, so I appreciate him and Sterling have knight helmets in their designs. I have both of them living in one of my New Leaf towns, an all-bird town, and like to think of them as guards.

Becky, Broffina, Ken, and Plucky are pretty good too. Goose is a bit plain, but I had him as a resident in one of my towns before replacing him and I grew to like him while he was there.

I don't really dislike any of the Chickens, but if I absolutely had to choose a least favorite it would probably be Egbert.

I voted Becky, I find her purple color scheme appealing.

The worst is probably Benedict. His face makes me uncomfortable. Broffina is also a contender.

I think Betty is the cutest, but she's not on NH. I guess Ava, since she looks the most like Betty?

Soooo I've never had a chicken villager?? Somehow. Not sure how that happened! I aim to have all sorts of villagers so I find it weird that one never landed in any of my games.

My boyfriend did have Knox in his New Leaf town though, and he liked him quite a bit. I visited one time and chatted him up and found him rather amusing.
I also find Goose to be hilarious, just because he's a chicken named Goose haha. So I think I'd aim for him first!
Becky has really pretty colors and I would totally be down to see her on my island.
I gotta say though, Ken looks really intense and I think I'd have to pass. I think he'd try and beat me up lmao.

Personally, I like Plucky. I have her Amiibo and moved her in because I wanted Del OUT. I didn't care much for Plucky at first, but she grew on me. I liked how her little feathered butt would wiggle when she happily greeted me- it was so cute! Plus, I'm a sucker for the sisterly personality. It's my top favorite, even though everyone else seems to hate it, lol. AND she has the play hobby- watching her run around, pretending to fly, is TOO. CUTE :love: I also like Ava, because she has a nice, simple design. She's just a simple chicken. Living a perfectly normal life. Like, if you said, "Hey, I have an anthropomorphic chicken in my town." she seems like how you'd expect her to look, and how you'd expect her to act.

For least favorite, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but Ken. He's just too... intense for me. I like villagers whose designs are neutral OR match their species. And he's a ninja chicken. And it's confusing. But he's also nowhere near my least favorite villager, and I wouldn't hate having him on my island, though I don't think I'd ever intentionally invite him.

Last edited:
I hated the chickens at first but then I got Egbert as a random villager, who I fell in love with after he was Naruto running and I thought that it was a unique chicken villager feature, as if he was pretending to fly because chickens can't really fly XD Then my first camper was Ken so I had to take him, and I love him too! Recently I had to let Egbert go, but I have his amiibo in case I ever want him back anyway. :)

My sweet boy Egbert is the best chicken and I love him so much 🥺 💕 I just love him so much. I find the lazy villagers as a whole to be endearing (although I could do without the bug talk, lol) and something about him is just extra cute. His colours are so cozy and he always looks so cute wearing sweaters, especially in the fall! I also think Goose & Ken are pretty cute, I like their eyebrows, lol.

I'm not super sure I love Plucky's design, I can't really tell how I feel about her, to be honest. I don't like Broffina's design though, I think it's the makeup? I find I don't really enjoy when it looks like the villagers have makeup on! Something about it just throws me off.

Knox is my all time favorite chicken, followed by Ken, and then Becky. I'm not a fan of brightly colored animal villagers but Becky is an exception. Very purple but still cute. Ken is an awesome ninja and Knox is a cranky retired knight.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not super sure I love Plucky's design, I can't really tell how I feel about her, to be honest. I don't like Broffina's design though, I think it's the makeup? I find I don't really enjoy when it looks like the villagers have makeup on! Something about it just throws me off.

I agree. Sometimes the makeup is too much. I like Freya's makeup though; I think it matches her design pretty well.

I don’t like chicken villagers except for Ken. He’s the only one I like. All the others are just a hard no for me.

I love Ken's design and attitude... but why on earth is he not a cranky villager? I just can't accept him as a smug. So my number-one favorite chicken would have to be Knox. I love both Knox and Sterling, as I find the knightly style quite appealing.

The only chicken villagers I've ever had were Becky (in my first NL town), and Broffina (in my current NL town). I don't dislike them per se, but they're definitely not among my top villagers, although I do quite like Broffina's catchphrase of 'dear egg'. I don't think there any chicken villagers that I just plain out dislike, but maybe my least favorite is Plucky, just because I don't think she looks like an ideal fit for an uchi. I would have pegged her as a snooty just by her design.

I chose Plucky, but I love all the chicken villagers. They're my favorite. I have Becky in my Horizons town. She's cute.

hhng. to be honest, i don’t really care for any of the chickens but if i had to choose a favourite, it’d be goose. i actually really like his design and @Vrisnem’s love for him is nice to see, too. :’^) but benedict and ken are also pretty cool!

Last edited:
Not a fan of chicken villagers, but I think Ken seems pretty cool!
The worst one would be Benedict.

ken has a cool design so i choose him
only one i actually dislike is plucky and that's mainly because of how often i come across her when character hunting

Best: Goose - a starter on one of my older islands, after letting him go I was surprised I actually missed him like that. Also he's a jock, and I really think they're one of the best personalities in the game.

Worst: Ava - really bland design + I see her on almost every island hop I go on which gets frustrating haha

Plucky is my favorite chicken. I got her a few times on mystery islands and she was actually really sweet. She was one of the sisterly villagers I was considering when I was looking for a sisterly for the first time in this game. I also really love Ken too. He has an amazing design and he's one of my favorite smugs.

I don't really care for the rest of the chickens. If I had to pick one for a least favorite, I would say Becky. I'm not too crazy for her look and she is really rude in my experience.

Back