• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) octopus villagers and why? ๐Ÿ™

Best villager?

• Marina

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • Octavian

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Zucker

Votes: 53 44.5%

• Total voters

Wolfieocelot

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Since there are only 3 octopi, and they seem to be well loved, imma place a challenge...๐Ÿ™ƒ you can only vote once, instead of multiple times cause everyone is probs gonna vote all 3.

AHHHHHH OMG I LOVE ALL THE OCTOPI!!!!

ALL the octopi are good, but if i had to choose the best and worst, it would be Zucker and Octavian, respectively. Now, don't get me wrong, i don't hate Octavian, he's actually amazing, but i just do not like small villagers with the cranky personality.... but nevertheless, Octavian is cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Zucker was my starter lazy on my new island. I had him on my old one, and i found him again in my new island. He is SOOOOO CUTE, always talking about the bugs in his floor, and his adorable design based off a takoyaki (octopus ball in Japan) is really cool! He is like a child in my island, and a permanent resident. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Theyre all the worst
Their suckers legit make me uncomfortable

Marina could be cute but the suckers...

I'm not a huge fan of them, because I'm a bit afraid of real octopuses.. but if I had to choose one it would be Zucker.
Mainly because he looks the most unique out of all of them and that little straw pocking out of his head is pretty damn cute. :)

Octavian... Just Octavian โ˜บ๏ธ he looks like an angry little Octorok ๐Ÿ’ž I also love how he's got a band-aid on the back of his head. Like Curt, Octavian has been in a fair share of scraps back in his day. Still probably does.

They're not really bad, but I'm not keen on Marina and Zucker. I can appreciate how Zucker is based on takoyaki, however. That's pretty clever, but Marina.... Well, she's a nice shade of pink, and she has a bow, but other than that I've never liked her.

this one is easy, it's gotta be zucker
i adore his design, it's so snazzy and i loved having him on my island ๐Ÿ’–

i've never had octavian so i don't have an opinion on him

the worst is marina, she's so bland!
i used to think she was cute so i invited her to my island and i instantly disliked her

Zucker is adorable... and.. delicious looking.. :3 I dont really care much about the two others, so I dont hate on them either. I do hope we get the splatoon octopus back sometime though (and Cece and Vichรฉ too)

My favorite Octopus villager is Octavian. I liked him from the first moment I saw him back in the GameCube game, and he had a certain appeal because he was the only Octopus villager at the time. I actually had him back in the GameCube game for a brief time, since my friend had him as a resident and Octavian decided to move to my town, much to my friend's chagrin and my joy. He unfortunately departed eventually, but years later I reclaimed him in my main New Leaf town. He has been a resident ever since. I love his Cranky personality and I kind of appreciate his house's space theme.

Marina is also a good villager, I like her. She has also been a resident in New Leaf for years.

My least favorite, then, is obviously Zucker. While I usually prefer villagers with unique designs that set them apart, that unfortunately doesn't really apply to the villagers based around food. I appreciate the takoyaki design, complete with the toothpick, for its ingenuity...but frankly, it just doesn't appeal to me personally. His Lazy personality doesn't help anything either, since it's my least favorite personality.

I like the Octopus model and would like them to add more in the future.

At first I disliked them all as a species and then I ended up inviting them all and earning their photos. So yeah, I voted for them all before I read the instructions. Marina is still on my island. I don't know if the normal villager dialogue was improved or when it was improved but she's been saying some very deep things.

I just wish that octopi weren't a catchable sea creature in the game since there are octopi villagers. I guess the same is true of frogs. It's just weird to me that they are friends and food. I guess it shouldn't be weird in regard to Zucker though since he is basically a food himself. There's some odd humor in this game.

I've had both Octavian and Zucker so far in New Horizons. I agree that Zucker is the best and Octavian is the worst. Zucker is just so adorable, and being based off of a food AND being a lazy villager? That's perfect. I don't love Zucker's interior, but I'll deal with it because I love him.

Marina is super cute to me, and I'm a big fan of normal villagers, so I would take her if I found her when looking for a normal villager!

Then, Octavian is just an okay cranky. I don't like his house much, and there are much better cranky villager designs. I moved him out before even getting his picture actually.

Hmm so many choices lol

BEST: Zucker

My cute little takoyaki villager! I love Zucker so much! Perfect for Japanese and food themed towns. One of the best villagers in the game for me.

WORST: Marina

I don't hate Marina. I just think that pink bow on her head isn't really necessary and I would only invite her to say that I've had all octopus villagers come to my island. She beats out Octavian because he has a cool space alien theme.

Marina is my favourite, she's relatively plain but I've always thought she was a sweet villager and was very attached to her when she moved to my WW town so wanted her for my island in NH too. I did end up finding her and keeping her on my island for a long time and while I still did like her, I found I wasn't as attached to her as some other villagers and as I had quite a few normals at the time I decided to let her go and don't really miss her. Overall though she's still the only octopus villager I'd consider having as in general they're a bit of an odd species in my opinion and the other two aren't really that appealing to me.

While I'm not a huge fan of either of the other two I'd narrow my least favourite down to Zucker, the idea of making him resemble a snack just seems odd to me and I really dislike the toothpick stuck in his head, I don't know whether I'm supposed to assume his head is hollow inside or if that toothpick is just stuck in his brain too, either way he doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

i guess ill go for octavian since his grumpy face is realy adorable.

i had marina in new leaf, and even though shes really cute, her face was never expressive enough for me to feel any sort of connection with her. zucker is cute, but hes food which makes me a little sad for him.. mostly the giant toothpick lol

I voted for zucker, though I am not very into villagers who look like food (tangy somewhat excepted) but zucker with his little green onion freckles is just very cute. My husband had him back when he played, and he just have very cute expressions to me, his eyes, I donโ€™t know exactly.

Marina is very cute as well though not a favorite of mine.

I guess Octavian would be my least favorite, but even though I joke that we are enemies for life because he asked to move like 3 days after I invited him, early in the game, I donโ€™t dislike him. I think it is funny that he has the play hobby. Itโ€™s really just that cranky is my least favorite personality. But actually he seems pretty alright.

Marina is my absolute favourite octopus and one of my favourite characters! She was my first Normal in NH, and then I got her amiibo card so that I could get her real house, and I haven't let her go since.

I don't have an octopus I hate, but I guess my least favourite would be Octavian?

I'm sorry but I just gotta say it, I really dislike Octavian, I know his house back in New Leaf was pretty awesome but i've just never taken a shine to him really. Other than that, I don't feel like I necessarily have a favourite, Marina and Zucker just feel really meh to me. I've had Zucker in my new horizons town once and I really tried to like him, but I just don't. I really want to love him because he has such a cool foodie design and suits my town theme but I just feel very meh about him. Doesn't really help that i've found him and Marina on mystery islands several times when I was looking for other villagers.

All of them are cool imo, we need more octopus type villagers, their designs are all pretty cool and unique imo.
Out if them all I like Marina the best though, her pink look really makes her stand out, one of the cutest normal types.

I love octopuses! ๐Ÿฅฐ They're so cute and smart! I hope they make more octopus villagers in the future.

Zucker is cute, but he really grossed me out with his garbage wallpaper and always talking about bugs. I think Marina is adorable though! Octavian, I'm not really fan of how they made him look angry all the time.

In a previous game, I have had Marina stay for a while and I enjoyed having her in my town. Now, on my island, I have had Zucker stay for a bit. I think I liked Marina more, but I never really liked Octavian. I just don't seem interested in having him in any of my towns/islands.

So I would say best is Marina, then Zucker, than Octavian.

Back