• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) octopus villagers and why? 🐙

Best villager?

• Marina

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • Octavian

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Zucker

Votes: 53 44.5%

• Total voters
Octavian is a KING. Marina is OK, but I don't like Zucker - he creeps me out.

I hate to be generic, but Marina is my favorite of the 3. I really don't feel a need to have any of them on my island, but Marina has the best design. Not a fan of the other two's designs. I have all of their amiibo cards, but never really use them.

you: you can only vote once.
me, voting for all 3 anyways: :)

sjsksjsk honestly i can’t choose just one - i love all 3 of them and think they’re amazing!

ZUCKER.

Marina is cute too, but Zucker is my newest favorite villager. Not just octopus but across all species.

Not a huge fan of Octavian, but I wouldn’t mind him on my island. I think Nintendo should have given him a different default shirt than the fake supreme “GOLD” one because it doesn’t match him at all.

Uh if I have to pick it'd be Zucker. I like the Lazy personalities and he looks like a delicious takoyaki ~ Marina is too pink for my taste, and Octavian... is fine I guess but somehow everytime I look at his head I kept feel like it should't be so...bald looking? lol Maybe he was intentionally designed that way to fit his cranky personality but I just thinking something is missing on his head.

Many I remember the Octupus were so sought after in NL because they were harder to find, and now in NH it seems they are one of the easiest species to hunt for on mystery island. Funny how time have changed....

Marina is the best. She's such a cutie! I had her for a long time in Wild World and I remember helping her start a seashell collection by gifting them to her ☺ IIRC, I think she may be the first villager pic I ever got! Octavian is cool, too. I may move him in this summer on my secluded beach section.

But... Zucker is weird to me. I KNOW he's crazy popular, but for the longest time his design made NO sense to me. Then I discovered he's designed to look like some kind of food and that creeps me out a little, lol. Still, he's not too bad, and I wouldn't mind him on my island. Frankly, I just like the octopuses!

Also, fun fact, they leave tiny sucker prints on the beach 😊 I remember someone saying "Ahh, their footprints are just normal ones, how boring!" and I took a closer look (I had Marina at the time) and was like "those... are totally suckers 😲"

EfgYYgMUMAIpMmG.jpeg

I like all three of those cephalopods but Octavian has always been my favorite since he randomly moved into my New Leaf town many years ago.He looks sharp in the red doublet I gave him.

Octavian, hands down! I've never been lucky enough to have him as a villager, but he's my favorite personality and his expressions are just the best.

I don't really care for Marina because of how overly pink she is and I'm not a fan of Zucker because his design as a takoyaki just makes me sad.

Love the octopuses! ☺️

Marina is probably my favorite, followed very closely by Zucker, and last Octavian. I had all three on my island very early on... at first I wasn't crazy about Octavian, but he grew on me and it was hard to let him go. Marina and Zucker still have their own corner of the island... and Marina has been in my New Leaf town for years.

Before NH, I actually thought Zucker was a chocolate topped creampuff ball. 😅
Ew-XcRAVcAE9ztD

Ew-eyUQUYAEkskd.jpeg

Zucker is probably my favorite out of the octopus because he's a reminder of how delicious takoyaki is. Personally, I love the morbid sense of humor with animals that have food themes/names, so I like Zucker because of that. The stick sticking out of his head is a nice touch.

I like all the octopus but if I had to choose a least favorite it would be Marina. I'm just not into pink/pastel colored villagers.

I seriously love the octopi villagers but they kept showing up whilst I was trying to get another dreamie so I'm sort of over them as a result lol. Still love Zucker, though

Zucker! I think he has the most creative design of the 3. I do like pink villagers, but the fact that he's a food-based character really sells it for me.

my personal favorite octopus is Zucker. i just think he's so cute ... like, just look at him!! due to island hopping, my least favorite is Marina. i get her... so much....... and also her design is just so plain to me. like, i feel like it could be more? idk

Had to vote for my boy Zucker who is maybe my favourite villager of all. He's been on my island for longer than any others. He's funny looking and I think the lazy voice is cutest. That said ALL the octopus villagers are likeable for me, Octavian is one of my favourite Cranky.

octavian is definitely my favourite, im not too keen on the octopi but octavian is cute and i love crankies. least favourite would have to be zucker; im not a big fan of that whole takoyaki design he has going on.

Zucker for sure. I find him cute.
The octopuses are ok. They are unique. I think I like Marina the least because of all the pink.

I love Octavian's grumpy face!

Zucker on the other hand, really creeps me out. An octo-zombie with soulless eyes, a deep-fried head, bits of herb stuck to his cheeks, and a toothpick sticking into his brain?

He's nightmare-inducing.

All of them are great but personally I really like Zucker the most as he is the most unique + really like his concept of him being a takoyaki which is so cute plus I really like takoyaki as well lol

Back