• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) octopus villagers and why? 🐙

Best villager?

• Marina

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • Octavian

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Zucker

Votes: 53 44.5%

• Total voters
I love all 3 since my favorite animal is the Octopus C:
But my favorite is Zucker, then Marina, and then Octavian. I know there was Inkwell from New Leaf but I wasn't a fan of him =/
I hope they'll release a new octopus again someday~

I don't need to vote for multiple villagers because I already know that Zucker is the best octopus in the game. Hands down.
Marina is precious as well, I have had her on my island briefly before.
I guess I would consider Octavian my least favourite. Never really thought much of him.

I personally like Octavian the most out of the three. His awesome house pushes it over the edge for me. Marine would be second as she's quite cute. Zucker is definitely my least favorite, mainly as I see him constantly during villager hunts.

I don’t really have much opinion about any of the octopi. I’ve never had any of them on any of my islands/towns before! But, solely off of design, I would say Zucker. His design really interests me, plus I’m a sucker (haha get it) for the lazy personality.

As for least favorite, I would say Marina. I never really found her design that appealing and I already seem to have a million other normals I like.

marina's the best one because she's adorable.

honestly i don't care for the other two that much, especially octavian.

Marina is my current favorite, she lives on my island right now actually~ I didn't think very much of her at first. She's cute enough, but a little plain and *very* pink. But then I saw her on one of my first island tours and couldn't leave without her! I love her expressions and the way her mouth moves when she talks, I like the detail of her "hair" and the bow, and her sweater is adorable. She's a sweetheart, she may be staying forever~

Zucker would have been my favorite if this were New Leaf, but for some reason I'm not as fond of his New Horizons design. I liked his old shirt that didn't look like a shirt I guess, and his coloring wasn't as red either. I still love takoyaki though (who doesn't?)!

Octavian is meh. Design is plain, looks mad all the time, kindof gives me "sore loser" vibes. Just not for me.

I hate all of the octopus villagers. They’re gross and strange but if I had to suffer the pain of having one on my island id choose Marina. And the worst is Zucker. I mean just what’s wrong with he’s face 😣

Octavian is the best! He's my favorite villager out of every single one. Just his lil cranky self walking around. :giggle: I have Marina she's okay but she's a bit boring. I also have Zucker he's cute.. but his house is a mess! lol

Octavian is my favourite, mainly because Cranky is one of my favourite personalities. Despite being toned down to 'basically an old man', my opinion still stands in NH. I guess Zucker is my least favourite, but neither him nor Marina are bad by any means.

I love, and have all three on my nh island at the moment haha they're all very cute.
Octavian would have to be my favourite, but the other two are close seconds.

I have a grudge against octavian because he moved into my old island and never asked to leave for so long lol

I have a soft spot for the cranky (at least in appearance) villagers, I think that Octavian is who I would say is the best octupus. His design is equal parts funny and adorable. He isn't too bad to have a chat too although he is not someone I have ever had in my new leaf towns or in my new horizons towns since the octopuses aren't my favourites and rng hasn't gotten me one yet (I let the game decide what villagers I have). My least favourite would have to be Marina, yes she is cute but there are many villagers with the same pink cuteness factor and it is honestly repetitive. She doesn't suit my style but I still wouldn't mind having her on my island regardless tbh. Zucker is in the middle, I love the food theming but again, not as unique as Octavian.

I’m not a big fan of octopuses because they somehow scare me xD But I like their little walk in animal crossing! The worst is in my opinion Octavian. I don’t have that much against him but he’s not as appealing to me as other villagers. Also I’m not a fan of his personality.
I think Marina is the best! I had her once on my island before I restarted everything and I replay liked her and her house!
I really don’t know Zucker because I never had or seen him in the game that why I’d say: Marina, Zucker, Octavian

They're all fantastic but I voted for Octavian because he needs some more love and he's the only one out of the three that I decided to keep on my island. I had them all at once and felt it was too many octopi. His facial expression and head bandage are what makes him so appealing.

Zucker is my favorite. He's such a sweetie and has a nice design. He's on my island right now and he's probably my favorite lazy as well. Marina's nice too, but I haven't had her on my island before. I don't really like Octavian much, though.

Zucker's easily my favorite of the 3. I feel fortunate that he was the first lazy I ran into when going to Nook Miles Islands at the beginning of the game. I definitely fell in love with him the moment I ran into him and he's become a permanent villager on my island (only one of two I consider permanent).

In general, I do like all of the octopus villagers and think they're all well designed, so there's no way I can pick a "worst" one.

I like all the octopi villagers, but my favorite is Marina since she's really cute and polite, and each time she's moved into my towns she's picked good spots and not crushed any flowers- unlike Zucker! he's my least favorite since he moved into a really bad spot in my new leaf town (right in front of the train station) and refused to leave.

Back