• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who are the best (and worst) octopus villagers and why? 🐙

Best villager?

• Marina

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • Octavian

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Zucker

Votes: 53 44.5%

• Total voters
Hmm so many choices lol

BEST: Zucker

My cute little takoyaki villager! I love Zucker so much! Perfect for Japanese and food themed towns. One of the best villagers in the game for me.

WORST: Marina

I don't hate Marina. I just think that pink bow on her head isn't really necessary and I would only invite her to say that I've had all octopus villagers come to my island. She beats out Octavian because he has a cool space alien theme.
Time to update my octopi 🐙

BEST:

Cephalobot
1708704428179.png

Cephy is clearly the best octopus and probably one of the best of the newest villagers along with Tiansheng and Shino. Unlike the other two, I have encountered Cephy twice. On my previous island and on my current island.

WORST: Still Marina...

Even though I voted for Octavian, I really luv cephlabot. My least favorite is Zucker. I don’t know why I just don’t like him but I never have.

i don't really care for any of them honestly? i guess my favourite would be marina. i wouldn't say any of them are bad per se but i guess zucker has the design i like the least, i wish his lips weren't such a strong contrast from his body lol.

Octopus (ochtopi?) villagers aren’t my favourite but I have to go for marina as it is an old friend’s favourite. I drew her badly but because a friend loves her then I do too 🥰 A friends friend is always special to me 💖

There are so few octopus villagers that I definitely don't think there is a worst! As for best, I'd have to go with Marina. I think we need more girl octopi! 🐙

Agree with S.J. that there is no worst octopus villager. Even though I love Marina my favourite octopus villager has to be Zucker though, he's so cute and I love his takoyaki design.

My favorite Octopus villager is Octavian. I liked him from the first moment I saw him back in the GameCube game, and he had a certain appeal because he was the only Octopus villager at the time. I actually had him back in the GameCube game for a brief time, since my friend had him as a resident and Octavian decided to move to my town, much to my friend's chagrin and my joy. He unfortunately departed eventually, but years later I reclaimed him in my main New Leaf town. He has been a resident ever since. I love his Cranky personality and I kind of appreciate his house's space theme.

Marina is also a good villager, I like her. She has also been a resident in New Leaf for years.

My least favorite, then, is obviously Zucker. While I usually prefer villagers with unique designs that set them apart, that unfortunately doesn't really apply to the villagers based around food. I appreciate the takoyaki design, complete with the toothpick, for its ingenuity...but frankly, it just doesn't appeal to me personally. His Lazy personality doesn't help anything either, since it's my least favorite personality.

I like the Octopus model and would like them to add more in the future.
Since this thread has returned from the dead and another new Octopus has been added since then in the form of Cephalobot, I figured I might as well update this.

My reasoning and order from my previous post still stand, but I think I'd put Cephalobot in the top spot. I say I think because it's not a 100% solid thing. I really like robot villagers and I love Cephalobot's name, design and house, but I don't really like how Smug villagers were portrayed in New Horizons. Smug was my favorite male villager personality in New Leaf, but their dialogue just feels different and less appealing this time around. Everything else about him is cool though, so yeah, he's either first place or a really close second behind Octavian.

I think Zucker is the best. He looks like a takoyaki, and I love his outfit. It's a little morbid but I think that's what makes him fun.

Octavian is the worst out of the octupuses. He just doesn't look very friendly.

I think Marina, Zucker, and Cephalobot have decent designs.

I like cranky villagers, but I'm not crazy for Octavian, he almost looks like a carbon copy of Squidward, the only difference is the coloring.

Best:
Cephalobot - Easily the best octopus and possibly the best robot in the game! Apparently he is also the only smug villager with the play hobby so that's cool.
Marina - She's just cute.

Worst:
Octavian - I really don't like his expression, he's mad at me with those angry eyes and his cheeks seems like he's ready to yell.
Zucker - A lot of people really like this design but for me I just don't. Compared to some of the other "food villagers" that are based on different kinds of food, it's weird to have an octopus with a design that's takoyaki.

Well, there's not a whole lot of octopi to choose from, but I'd say Marina is the current best! While maybe a tad cutesy for my tastes, she is still pretty adorable.

Least favorite would be Zucker; just a food-based design I'm not all that fond of. Although if we're counting him, I'm not a fan of Inkwell's face either.

I love them all but I guess I like Marina the most because she's pink.

I wish Inkwell was in New Horizons...

I'm torn between marina and octavian.

Zucker has a bit of that clueless, lazy look about him.

Marina is pretty with all that pink. But normal villagers can sometimes strike me as meh. I think i like personality extremes maybe. Peppy being so hyped up, jocks being so energetic, lazy going to their own extremes...

And cranky! Gotta love a cranky villager, so octavian had to rank up there.

CEPHALOBOT!!! I have him on my island rn, I love his design and how he's a smug villager, i headcanon that he tries so hard to be cool to other villagers but the others are like "blud thinks he's smug" lol 😭 he's such a silly little robot, he makes me happy.
I guess my least liked is Octavian? Not into his design that much! I think marina and zucker are okay, they're both cute but they don't really spark anything special for me ;w;

I wish there were more Octopus villagers, but I can understand having Ocotopus were kinda a stretch.
I have ALWAYS loved Zucker, I was so sad when he left my New Leaf town, and now I await his return.
I do really like Marina and Cephalobot's design and everything too. I had Marina and Octovian on my Island~
If only Inkwell had a more brighter orange design I might like him more~

For me, there's no contest, the best octopus villager would have to be Marina! She's probably in my top ten villagers overall. I just love her pink and yellow color scheme and her little bow. She's absolutely adorable. And in addition to that, she's also one of my favorite personality types, normal!

My choice for least favorite would be Cephalobot. For me, the robot-themed villagers are just okay. I don't dislike them, but I'm also not particularly interested in any of them.

Back