• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Who do you want for president?

Who do you want for president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
people still like bernie? that's both sad and hilarious honestly

Hes much more favorable than Clinton in many people's eyes.

But to answer your question, yes I still like him. If that makes me sad then so be it.
But I don't see how you can think that?

Last edited:
Hes much more favorable than Clinton in many people's eyes. But to answer your question, yes I still like him. If that makes me sad then so be it.
But I don't see how you can think that?
He shilled out to the candidate that is the opposite of all his ideologies, which weren't very well thought out in the first place, especially in his minimum wage belief. its the first that came to my mind lmao raising the minimum wage would destroy jobs that make less than $15 an hour per employee, and even if all of them did, the profit to the owner would be minimal. furthermore, the idea of raising wages on a jobs that require the least experience is really stupid tbh
plus its extremely likely hes just a pawn for the clintons to get millennial votes, implied in some of the leaked emails

I like how people honestly think Hilary is going to start a nuclear conflict.

Are you that dumb

She's obsessed with the idea of enforcing a no-fly zone in Syria. It's going to lead to war. Russia doesn't care; the most important thing right now is avoiding conflict with them.

He shilled out to the candidate that is the opposite of all his ideologies, which weren't very well thought out in the first place, especially in his minimum wage belief. its the first that came to my mind lmao raising the minimum wage would destroy jobs that make less than $15 an hour per employee, and even if all of them did, the profit to the owner would be minimal. furthermore, the idea of raising wages on a jobs that require the least experience is really stupid tbh
plus its extremely likely hes just a pawn for the clintons to get millennial votes, implied in some of the leaked emails

Thats kinda what happens when you loose a primary (rigged or not), throw support behind the winner of the party. Plus considering the alternative was Trump whose rhetoric is the literal opposite of Bernie. Clinton more matches him

The fact of the matter though, is that in many states the current minimum wage isn't a livable wage, yea sure most minimum wage jobs are those that don't require many skills, but you know what? Thousands of people rely on these jobs to make a living and its not cutting it. Especially in my area, where most of the jobs available are "those that don't require much skill" jobs, kind of hard to make a living in an area where most of the jobs are resturant jobs that pay min wage, but the rent at most apartments in the area require someone to make the pay of someone that makes 11/hr, thats difficult to do. Minimum wage does need to be raised, I don't think it should be $15, but most certainly more than $7.25/hr.

Lets even take out the fact that these jobs require little to no experience. You have college students too that need money to pay for their school. School doesn't come cheap and most students don't want to be 10s of thousands of dollars in debt that will last most of their life just to hopefully get a better job out of college. So for those students at "little to no skill" jobs, they need more than 7.25 to make it. Personally, I'm stuggling now. I'm lucky my grandparents paid for the first 3 semesters of my school, now I'm on my own and I'm not sure that I can pay for my tuition because I don't qualify for any scholarships except for one (which would require me to change my major to a field I don't want to do) and again the only jobs in my area only pay min wage. So how am I suppose to survive without going into thousands of dollars of debt?

Last edited:
I understand people who dislike Hillary, but to support a disgusting being like Trump? Will never get my head around that.
Neither of them are going to be great for the country but to allow somebody like Trump in power could be a disaster

You started it.

No, I started it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I understand people who dislike Hillary, but to support a disgusting being like Trump? Will never get my head around that.
Neither of them are going to be great for the country but to allow somebody like Trump in power could be a disaster

Exactly!

Thats kinda what happens when you loose a primary (rigged or not), throw support behind the winner of the party. Plus considering the alternative was Trump whose rhetoric is the literal opposite of Bernie. Clinton more matches him

The fact of the matter though, is that in many states the current minimum wage isn't a livable wage, yea sure most minimum wage jobs are those that don't require many skills, but you know what? Thousands of people rely on these jobs to make a living and its not cutting it. Especially in my area, where most of the jobs available are "those that don't require much skill" jobs, kind of hard to make a living in an area where most of the jobs are resturant jobs that pay min wage, but the rent at most apartments in the area require someone to make the pay of someone that makes 11/hr, thats difficult to do. Minimum wage does need to be raised, I don't think it should be $15, but most certainly more than $7.25/hr.

Lets even take out the fact that these jobs require little to no experience. You have college students too that need money to pay for their school. School doesn't come cheap and most students don't want to be 10s of thousands of dollars in debt that will last most of their life just to hopefully get a better job out of college. So for those students at "little to no skill" jobs, they need more than 7.25 to make it. Personally, I'm stuggling now. I'm lucky my grandparents paid for the first 3 semesters of my school, now I'm on my own and I'm not sure that I can pay for my tuition because I don't qualify for any scholarships except for one (which would require me to change my major to a field I don't want to do) and again the only jobs in my area only pay min wage. So how am I suppose to survive without going into thousands of dollars of debt?

Most businesses that pay minimum wage don't keep their employees at that. It's an entry level wage. I've slowly worked my way from 7.25 up to 10+ an hour. Raising it by force is only going to hurt local business and cost jobs. Entry level jobs are not supposed to be a living wage :p

And there is always the option of getting a second or even third job to make ends meet. Out of high school I took a second job as a janitor to earn extra money.

Last edited:
I mean how could I choose with Hillary being currently under a federal investigation for missing emails and a man who dregrades women, tries to alienate cultures, mocked a disabled reporter, is going to court for a false plead of bankruptcy, said hed date his own daughter, bragged and promoted sexual assault,left thousands of workers unpaid under his name, calls the african american populous the "blacks" and brags about grabbing women by the *****.

I mean, it really is just so hard to choose.

Last edited:
I mean how could I choose with Hillary being currently under a federal investigation for missing emails and a man who dregrades women, tries to alienate cultures, mocked a disabled reporter, is going to court for a false plead of bankruptcy, said hed date his own daughter, bragged and promoted sexual assault,left thousands of workers unpaid under his name, calls the african american populous the "blacks" and brags about grabbing women by the *****.

I mean, it really is just so hard to choose.

Under investigation does not equal guilty of wrongdoing. Many people are investigated for crimes every day and then cleared when the evidence from those investigations suggest that they didn't do anything wrong. Hillary Clinton has been investigated for over a year now and hasn't been charged with a crime yet, so how much more "investigating" does the FBI need to do to find the smoking gun they're looking for? We don't need to investigate Donald Trump to know that he's terrible, his problems are out in the open for everyone to see yet people have their heads buried so far reading the fine print in Clinton's emails that they can't see the flashing neon sign right in front of them. It really isn't a hard choice.

Last edited:
Under investigation does not equal guilty of wrongdoing. Many people are investigated for crimes every day and then cleared when the evidence from those investigations suggest that they didn't do anything wrong. Hillary Clinton has been investigated for over a year now and hasn't been charged with a crime yet, so how much more "investigating" does the FBI need to do to find the smoking gun they're looking for? We don't need to investigate Donald Trump to know that he's terrible, his problems are out in the open for everyone to see yet people have their heads buried so far reading the fine print in Clinton's emails that they can't see the flashing neon sign right in front of them. It really isn't a hard choice.

in case u my dear sir could not tell i was being sarcastic lmao

Most businesses that pay minimum wage don't keep their employees at that. It's an entry level wage. I've slowly worked my way from 7.25 up to 10+ an hour. Raising it by force is only going to hurt local business and cost jobs. Entry level jobs are not supposed to be a living wage :p

And there is always the option of getting a second or even third job to make ends meet. Out of high school I took a second job as a janitor to earn extra money.

I don't think that someone should have to work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. Not trying to sound "entitled", but I just don't think it should be like that.

I've myself have worked my way up the ladder at my job. and ya know what? The highest pay raise you get is a dollar over your original pay in any of the fields you do. Meaning most people st my job will only get about 8.25 and some of them don't have the time or let a lone energy to do a 2nd or 3rd job because they're worked so much at the first one.
They should at least be a living wage in a town where all the jobs that are available for the most part are entry level jobs and most of the people can't afford a college education to better their selves to expand their options (like my town for example again)

I'm not talking about a sudden jump from 7.25 to 15 either. I think that would be detrimental, but it does need to raise. 7.25 isn't going to last forever

Last edited:
can someone explain to me how increasing the minimum wage is even remotely considered as up for debate at this point anymore?

like do you people opposed just not know of this magical thing in economics called inflation?

so you're ok with the cost of living being increased, but not the base level of pay to make that living?

just ????????

Komasan for President, make ice cream great again

- - - Post Merge - - -

You know I feel like so many people here forget about the Congress. Really it doesn't matter who becomes President if the Congress doesn't approve of any of their laws/ideas they won't get pass. Let's take the wall for example, I highly doubt they would waste money on that idea.

Also the Congress can also impeach a president if there are enough votes

Sure the president has power but not that much power there are different branches to balance things out

Last edited:
Back