• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Who is the best anteater villager and why? 🐜

Best villager?

• Anabelle

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Antonio

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Annalisa

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Cyrano

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Olaf

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Snooty

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Pango

Votes: 13 14.8%

• Total voters
Had to go for Antonio! He was a good buddy of mine on New Leaf, and I'll always have a soft spot for him.

I love Antonio because he’s the most ... normal looking out of all of them. My close second is Anabelle because she’s suppose to be a pangolin and they’re just adorable.

my favorite Anteater is actually Nosegay but she has unfortunately not appeared in any game post-DBnMe+ 😔

of these I would say my favorite is either Antonio, because he's obv colored to look like an actual giant anteater and they're one of my favorite animals, Olaf cause he gives those 80s Michael Jackson vibes, or Pango cause she's just so cute ☺

Antonio is the only anteater I will ever probably allow in my island and that’s if I really have no choice because sadly, I’m not a fan of the species.

I voted for Annalisa, she looks like a sweet villager to me and I really like the subtle pops of colour she's got around her paws and in her make up. My other top choice would be Antonio, these two are probably the only two anteaters that I'd have on my island, but I voted Annalisa over him mainly because I prefer the normal personality over the jock personality, though I do wish she had the snooty personality as I think it would've suited her better.

Well they all suck but Antonio I can stand to look at at least. So points to him.

I don't care for Anteaters, but If I had to rate them from the list it'd be like this.

From best to least
  1. Antonio - Looks about average.
  2. Cyrano - Nothing much to say. Looks fitting for his personality.
  3. Olaf - I'm not too big of fan of smugs, and Olaf is no exception, especially with his hair and outfit.
  4. Annalisa - Appears to resemble a Japanese geisha. I think the eyes could have been better. I feel she would make a better Snooty.
  5. Pango - I don't like her eyes or color. Her design is more fitting for a Uchi.
  6. Snooty - There's something wrong with her. She looks angry and a bit creepy.
  7. Anabelle - Not a fan of her design.

It's a tough call for me between Annalisa and Olaf. I know Annalisa's design is more akin to a geisha, but her white fur, in combination with the Anteater snout, makes me think of a plague doctor's mask and that's a really cool, distinct look. Meanwhile, I really like Olaf's bullfighter aesthetic and his hairstyle. Annalisa's house has a stronger interior design to it, and even her clothes tie into that theme. Olaf's house is nothing special, but he happens to be Smug, which is one of my two favorite personalities alongside the Snooty personality.

Since the poll is multiple choice I'm giving them both a vote.

Honorable mention to Anabelle. I don't like her as much as I like Annalisa and Olaf, but she's still great and I really appreciate her unique pangolin-inspired design that sets her apart.

Antonio, 100%. He was one of my starters and I'm so glad he was! He is just so cute and so funny. His pumps that he does crack me up, he walks around talking about his abs while eating chocolate-covered doughnuts. He's just great. I will never kick him off my island lol.
Post automatically merged:

It's a tough call for me between Annalisa and Olaf. I know Annalisa's design is more akin to a geisha, but her white fur, in combination with the Anteater snout, makes me think of a plague doctor's mask and that's a really cool, distinct look. Meanwhile, I really like Olaf's bullfighter aesthetic and his hairstyle. Annalisa's house has a stronger interior design to it, and even her clothes tie into that theme. Olaf's house is nothing special, but he happens to be Smug, which is one of my two favorite personalities alongside the Snooty personality.

Since the poll is multiple choice I'm giving them both a vote.

Honorable mention to Anabelle. I don't like her as much as I like Annalisa and Olaf, but she's still great and I really appreciate her unique pangolin-inspired design that sets her apart.
Olaf is adorable lol, I love his design. My hubs has him on his island!

I am going to say Anabelle and Antonio. I have Anabelle in New Leaf and she is sweet and amazing. Antonio is a cool looking jock lol.

I went for Annabelle because she's the most recent anteater I've had - she wasn't my first choice to move in but she's really sweet. a close second would be Pango because I had her in NL and she was really sweet. overall I'm not the biggest fan of anteaters though

I’ve never really liked the anteater design but tried an annalisa. She was just so cute she became a dreamy, even buy every new kimono I see for her.

Anteaters are my favorite species so it's so hard to choose. I love them all! I voted for Anabelle, Annalisa, Antonio, and Pango because I've had them all at some point. I wouldn't mind getting to know any of the others, though.

Annalisa has a great theme and very good design. The anteaters aren't the cutest, but she's adorable. I've also had Snooty on one of my islands. She was more likable than I expected and her house is great, with a simple Japanese aesthetic.

The only Anteater I have had was Olaf. He took Beardo's house. Olaf decided to leave after 4 days all on his own. My villagers would upset him all the time. I found him very comical and dramatic.. but I voted for Annabelle. She seems really cute.
I hope to meet them both (Olaf for a second time for a fair chance) as well as Antonio and Cyrano.

Back