• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WiiJoshFolder: Gone for Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really torn up about what's happened to him.
I hope none of the TBT members were harassing him.
Who does that?
He makes great videos and shows us all tons of gameplay and people criticize him for doing us all a favor?
I don't get it. I like LinandKo a lot but I'm going to really, really miss Josh's videos.

But tbh though it was kinda stupid of him to just stop making videos b/cos of whining 12 year old fans. He could have just ignored comments... Or ever better - disabled comments.

This is going to sound rude, but yolo. But the fact he stopped making videos b/cos of immature viewers makes him almost as immature as them;

although we don't know the full story why he stopped, that seems to be the likely scenario which is kinda stupid IMO

Is that really the reason he stopped? He will prolly just continue it when things pick up.

Is that really the reason he stopped? He will prolly just continue it when things pick up.

From what we know;
- whining fans in comments
- Linandko said he stopped playing AC

But we really don't know why he stopped, we just assumin' it's b/cos of them annoying people in comments.

I think you guys are forgetting that he may just be tired of the game in general. He's had the game for what? 5 months now? Have none of you gotten tired of the game and needed a break before? If he isn't enjoying the game right now, he's not going to be motivated to make more videos of it. It's not like he doesn't have plenty of other games to cover. (Luigi's Mansion for example)

I used to always notice him playing because I have his Japanese 3DS added on my 3DS but not much lately.

I think you guys are forgetting that he may just be tired of the game in general. He's had the game for what? 5 months now? Have none of you gotten tired of the game and needed a break before? If he isn't enjoying the game right now, he's not going to be motivated to make more videos of it. It's not like he doesn't have plenty of other games to cover. (Luigi's Mansion for example)

I used to always notice him playing because I have his Japanese 3DS added on my 3DS but not much lately.

Let's be honest here, it takes more than 5 months to get tired of AC.

and this might sound snobby or rude or w/e but I'm pretty sure it was you who said something like 'Josh is one of the most passionate AC players out there' or something - if he gets bored after 5 month I'd hate to see how long (or how 'short') it takes for e to get bored (sry tht sounds rude but i luv u <333)

Put 2 and 2 together and I honestly don't think that he got bored, I think it's the fans/subscribers

But the 3DS thing idk

Let's be honest here, it takes more than 5 months to get tired of AC.

I don't think this is true at all. I know with City Folk I stopped playing after only a month or so.

and this might sound snobby or rude or w/e but I'm pretty sure it was you who said something like 'Josh is one of the most passionate AC players out there' or something (sry tht sounds rude but i luv u <333)

I've always liked his videos in the past, that's true. I don't think I ever said that though.

I don't think this is true at all. I know with City Folk I stopped playing after only a month or so.

I've always liked his videos in the past, that's true. I don't think I ever said that though.

excluding CF, ok :)

oh, must have been someone else then

Oh I didn't play much of city folk either compared to how much I played the GameCube and DS version.. Even with new leaf/jump out I'm playing over 3 hours a day. Where's even when city folk was new I only played an hour average.. I wonder why that is?? It's strange cause they are practically the same game but idk :/

He probably still plays the game. In fact, by the measures he went to customising his town, I'd almost say he definitely still plays it. But rude viewers, along with the fact that he does have other games to show, which is the point of his channel - not just playing one game, has probably lead to him just not recording it anymore. Why should he need to record it anymore, he has dozens of videos up there already?
There might be one video here and there, but I don't really expect any new videos from him about AC. The people that are avid fans of his will just need to find a new blog to watch unfortunately.

I think I'm in the majority of people who way preferred City Folk to Wild World. I can't even replay Wild World for more than two months.

But yeah, I liked WiiFolderJosh as a whole, but he simply doesn't need to keep playing. He has other games to review, and he already has a lot of Animal Crossing videos to rewatch. He can't play a game that he can't read forever. At some point he has to play something else, and it's not like Animal Crossing has an end.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened >.>

@ Oath Since typed speach cannot convey intonation, I'm going to be kind and assume that comment was not sarcastic. But my honest reaction? I'm sorry. I joined TBT to find supportive, positive people to play a game I love with together. I've found that TBT has about half and half. Half really whiney, sarcastic, complaint ridden children and the other half really supportive positive contributors. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone from TBT was harassing him.

@Jake/ACKing Don't worry! Lindsey and Kohei never said Josh quit animal crossing. They said Josh quit making videos. I'm sure you'll look it up.

Last edited:
@ Oath Since typed speach cannot convey intonation, I'm going to be kind and assume that comment was not sarcastic. But my honest reaction? I'm sorry. I joined TBT to find supportive, positive people to play a game I love with together. I've found that TBT has about half and half. Half really whiney, sarcastic, complaint ridden children and the other half really supportive positive contributors. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone from TBT was harassing him.
Really? I like most of the TBT members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back