• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wildlife Spotting (Crystal Ballers Cabin)

Is there a place where they list retired staff? I checked the what age are you thread, but no go.

Is there a place where they list retired staff? I checked the what age are you thread, but no go.

Some folks had that idea in the Discord. There doesn't seem to be a list on the actual forums. There's a list on the forum wiki, but I think everyone agreed that the staff wouldn't have us searching for anything off the forums, so that idea was a dead end.

Apologies if anyone already did this, but I tried using the code OXYMORON, but it was a no-go. Then again, I really only looked at the first half of the clue, not certain if the second half could technically be considered one or not. Perhaps the idea of contradiction could be involved somehow?

I just tried a few combinations of the various cicada names (old bugs that were added to NH). some are available for a short period of time while others are available longer

Tried a bunch of combinations of things to do with the Bell Tree Championships, following the idea that maybe it had something to do with the prizes awarded to the winning team. JOLLYREDDS, JOLLYREDDSREWARDS, JOLLYREDDSPRIZES, GAMERSGALAXY, GAMERSGALAXYBACKDROP, REDSUPERSTARTROPHY, etc.

Nothing.

I literally have been clicking every animal I see on the forums :p

one person had a rabbit and carrot in their user title(?) and I clicked it like 4 times and then tried "RABBIT" "HARE" "BUNNY"

You mean to tell me they can be in someone's signature too?! :eek: Because I've been only checking across the pages of threads!

do we think there's a reason why "EATER" was crossed out of the banner for wildlife watching? or was it always like that

do we think there's a reason why "EATER" was crossed out of the banner for wildlife watching? or was it always like that
Doubt it has anything to do with this and is just a fun Metal Gear Solid game title reference to go with the image.

I felt compelled to click all the ants in the count the bottle thread. I was feeling a little desperate.

Just wanted to mention it so no one else wastes their time 😭

Anybody play Pocket Camp or Fire Emblem Heroes? Maybe it has something to do with those? I don't know. Doesn't really go along with what we're trying to solve at first glance. Just throwing out an idea since I don't play them and could be missing something.

Last edited:
Anybody play Pocket Camp or Fire Emblem Heroes? Maybe it has something to do with those? I don't know. Doesn't really go along with what we're trying to solve at first glance. Just throwing out an idea since I don't play them and could be missing something.
I play pocket camp but I can't think of anything in the game that would relate to the hint... I don't know how likely it is they would base the hint off of PC, but I'll think about it and see if I can come up with anything

I literally have been clicking every animal I see on the forums :p

one person had a rabbit and carrot in their user title(?) and I clicked it like 4 times and then tried "RABBIT" "HARE" "BUNNY"
I felt compelled to click all the ants in the count the bottle thread. I was feeling a little desperate.

Just wanted to mention it so no one else wastes their time 😭
While our minds are all getting a bit frazzled by this hunt, it might help to narrow the search if we look back to this excerpt from the first post:

How to Submit

Simply post in this thread when taking on a clue. Leave your train of thought, directions, tips, and anything else you can think of to help your team find the hidden animals (may be a bear or fox)!

If it's indeed a Clue similar to the Easter Eggs, it will probably be a clickable bear or fox.

If it's a puzzle, who the heck knows.

Apologies if anyone already did this, but I tried using the code OXYMORON, but it was a no-go. Then again, I really only looked at the first half of the clue, not certain if the second half could technically be considered one or not. Perhaps the idea of contradiction could be involved somehow?

I was kind of thinking along these lines with temporary/permanent being kind of paired opposites. Short/medium is kind of an outlier? I'd expect short/tall instead. But I have no idea how that would narrow down a location. I was originally thinking about word games (maybe in the Basement), or those threads that are about love/hate or favorite/least favorite subjects.

I do like the Dodo Code/Dream Code idea that came up and the temporary/permanent collectibles (short temporary to medium permanent sounds kind of like a redemption code ordering?). But for the last clue, we did get stuck with all the birthday imagery when the answer wasn't actually about birthdays. I mean, not that I have any concrete ideas, but that's what I was just worried about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

due to it being harder + a small team effort i'd think they wouldn't make the answer FEH or anything that isn't like widely known across the forum

Tried BEAUTIFULSTATUE since the version in New Leaf had her hair tied up in the legitimate statue, while the forgery had longer hair down to her shoulders.

Didn't work. Didn't really think it would since the New Horizons version of the statue is different, but eh.

Back