• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wildlife Spotting (Crystal Ballers Cabin)

I have an idea! will update shortly

there is nothing in the dialog between chooseing dodo code and friend code at the airport

Tried a bunch of combinations of MATRYOSHKA, MATRYOSHKADOLLS, COCOTRYOSHKADOLLS, MATRYOSHKACOCOTRYOSHKA, NESTINGDOLLS, RUSSIANDOLLS, RUSSIANTEADOLLS.

Nope.

To me it feels more like the needle in the haystack :cautious: My eyes, brain and all my fingers are tired... I think I've checked like 100 threads today. And can't even say if that was for nothing, since I didn't surf through the dozens and dozens of pages that many of them have. I've only checked the first and last pages, so what if something happened to be hidden in the #52? Sigh...

okay I'm just gonna brainstorm all the ways that the words in this clue could be interpreted, maybe that will help inspire a new avenue of thinking because I am STUCK.

recent: new, or having happened not long ago
ancients: old, the world is plural so multiple... old things...
short: could be physically short or refer to a length of time, but that would be odd to use both "short" and "temporary" to refer to length of time because they both kinda mean the same thing.
medium: could be referring to physical size, if inferring meaning alongside the word "short" it could mean slightly taller? longer? medium could also be inferred in an artistic sense, or some have mentioned in a spiritual sense.
permanent: lasting, to remain unchanged indefinitely

"recent ancients" is an oxymoron if we infer "recent" to mean new, and "short temporary" is redundant if we infer "short" time-wise.

typing all this out didn't help me at all

Am I the only one who keeps going sightseeing in Team 1's purgatory just to feel some fleeting joy at the fact we're not suffering alone?

I'm out of ideas for today, I'll be back at it again tomorrow.
HAHA same!! 😂 as long as we’re all suffering together it doesn’t feel as bad! I honestly don’t know where else to look or try!

are we lookinng for oxymorons possibly that are short temporary to medium permanent?
Post automatically merged:

oxymorons (recent ancients) that make some sense (short temporary) to little sens (medium permanent)

like this clue 🎃 (jk it's all for fun)

Anybody play Pocket Camp or Fire Emblem Heroes? Maybe it has something to do with those? I don't know. Doesn't really go along with what we're trying to solve at first glance. Just throwing out an idea since I don't play them and could be missing something.
there is actually a "recent ancient" regarding FEH in the form of Ullr, but like seliph said i don't think they'd make the answer something from that because it's not widely known across TBT 😅 wouldn't fit short temporary or medium permanent either.

Okay, this will be my last epiphany for today. What about gyroids? :unsure: They appear only after rain or snow, so they can be interpreted as recent; but in the same line, who knows how much time they have been buried? They could perfectly be ancient. Besides, they are inspired in the Japanese haniwa.

The sizes varies as well: they can be short, medium or big. Temporary, because if you don't dig them up in the next few days after rain, they disappear again. Or if you do, they become permanent!

I don't know where to go from here, though. Is there any thread about gyroids in the forums? Or managed by a gyroid avatar admin???

i have a question, is it going to be a clickable link or picture like the eggs on easter?

edit: nevermind it says so in the rules 🙈

Last edited:
Okay, this will be my last epiphany for today. What about gyroids? :unsure: They appear only after rain or snow, so they can be interpreted as recent; but in the same line, who knows how much time they have been buried? They could perfectly be ancient. Besides, they are inspired in the Japanese haniwa.

The sizes varies as well: they can be short, medium or big. Temporary, because if you don't dig them up in the next few days after rain, they disappear again. Or if you do, they become permanent!

I don't know where to go from here, though. Is there any thread about gyroids in the forums? Or managed by a gyroid avatar admin???
i tried gyroid as a puzzle and the gyroid emojis thread, idk if theres something in one of the animal crossing threads though

I've also heard that gyroids were removed from NH, so... would that make them a "recent ancient"?

I'm sorry I haven't been much of a help with this one. I haven't been in the best shape lately. But I'll look through a few threads to see if I find anything.

I’m trying to think but every part of my is to hyperactive to think right now and I don’t know why 🙃
Post automatically merged:

Also I tried FINOSAUR 🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖
ME RIGHT NOW!

611EE0AA-432E-436A-B77C-DB4608F3358A.png

Last edited:
checked the op of every airport thread with a redd prefix

any other ideas? i feel like a wall has been hit

Back