• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wildlife Spotting (Crystal Ballers Cabin)

Checked:
-The bell tree direct where they announced the dodo code queue system, also tried the fake code in one of the images as a code.
-Island names of the first two tbt island tours + their dream addresses
-Nothing at least in the first page of the July 30 update that introduced dream addresses. There's about 28 pages though, if anyone wants to comb it fully here's a link. [x]
-Tried searching for the first mention of Dodo codes in the NH discussion section, had no luck finding that however.
-Checked Bobos profile since maybe recent ancient could have meant a new person with the retired staff role.
-Tried Dizzy Bones island Tansan as a solution + the DA due to it being the example island on the dream code share thread.
- ... also checked the Tansan island journal.
-Checked the poll thread for highest DAL item you've gotten as I remembered this poll being on the front page a while back.

Will update the post if I get more ideas and try them given I'm not in the discord.

Last edited:
The clue made me think of hair.
Which could be referencing a Hare.
Maybe it’s a bunny we are looking for? Zipper T bunny?
I’m looking around now on the previous event posts to see if I find anything.

Posting this as a passing thought, I'm not sure if I want to go down this rabbit hole.

Could it be referring to villagers in New Leaf somehow? New Leaf is a 'recent ancient' game now and villagers in that game are never truly permanent? Like even your "permanent" dream villagers can move out hence 'medium permanent'. The 'short temporary' obviously could mean villagers that you don't intend to keep and just cycle out.

I feel like this might be a bit of a reach though and I have no clue where you'd even look for if I ended up being right.

briefly checked the recent @Kapp'n npc n found nothing, though it’s possible i missed something
Regarding kapp’n, could his verses be alluding to something?

Campers be wary.
Winged beasts dive from eyrie.
Serpents o' sea, search fer ye.
Wha' lurks in forest, even more scary!

The first line is could be a creature in the mountains?
Since Then the second is the sea, third is the forest.

Maybe we’re looking for a winged beast from eyrie…whatever that means.

Regarding kapp’n, could his verses be alluding to something?

Campers be wary.
Winged beasts dive from eyrie.
Serpents o' sea, search fer ye.
Wha' lurks in forest, even more scary!

The first line is could be a creature in the mountains?
Since Then the second is the sea, third is the forest.

Maybe we’re looking for a winged beast from eyrie…whatever that means.
ehh that doesn’t really fit the actual clue though, nothing about ancients/permanence/etc i think hes just hyping up the regions

Posting this as a passing thought, I'm not sure if I want to go down this rabbit hole.

Could it be referring to villagers in New Leaf somehow? New Leaf is a 'recent ancient' game now and villagers in that game are never truly permanent? Like even your "permanent" dream villagers can move out hence 'medium permanent'. The 'short temporary' obviously could mean villagers that you don't intend to keep and just cycle out.

I feel like this might be a bit of a reach though and I have no clue where you'd even look for if I ended up being right.

Hey, wait a moment... now that you mention it, with the Welcome amiibo update many villagers (50) that hadn't been seen again since the first versions made a reappearance. Maybe that could mean something? They certainly might be considered recient ancients...

Hey, wait a moment... now that you mention it, with the Welcome amiibo update many villagers (50) that hadn't been seen again since the first versions made a reappearance. Maybe that could mean something? They certainly might be considered recient ancients...
what’s short/temporary or medium/permanent about them though? we have to keep the entire clue in mind

I haven't played NH, so I apologize if my theories are not appliable to this game... But like Sheep Villager pointed out, it's the player who decides which neighbour leaves and which stays. Or you may intend to keep them, but eventually you may grow bored with and change your mind. Also, about the "rescued" villagers from the update, I don't actually know if they were added to NH or they remained only in the update. Hence the temporary or permanent part.

Checked this thread and found nothing:

I was thinking maybe it had to do with ice cream, and maybe I might find a creature somewhere in the thread.

Ice cream is something recent ancient ( we didn’t have it in new horizons but the new update brought it back). It’s ancient because it was on previous games.

Short temporary, because if you eat it, it disappears and you have it for a short period of time.
Medium permanent ( if you don’t eat it, it’s permanent ?)

thought about other definitions of medium:

- checked the dream address thread (and tried DREAMADDRESS/LUNA) since tapirs are ancient and luna's... kind of sort of a medium? and you only stay in dreams temporarily

- checked the fair closing ceremony since dodos are ancient and stumpy and one of the mirrors (which one could say are art lol) was wilbur

Okay, going down a different path here - what if the “recent ancients” refers to the update that added Redd to the game? I guess it wasn’t that recent but “ancients” could refer to the art. And he only stays a short/temporary time, but then when you donate to the museum it’s permanent… guess I’m not really sure what “medium” refers to but it looks like the word museum lol

also this probably means nothing but in the op it says “Simply post in this thread when taking on a clue. Leave your train of thought, directions, tips, and anything else you can think of to help your team find the hidden animals (may be a bear or fox)!” And Redd is a fox

Okay, going down a different path here - what if the “recent ancients” refers to the update that added Redd to the game? I guess it wasn’t that recent but “ancients” could refer to the art. And he only stays a short/temporary time, but then when you donate to the museum it’s permanent… guess I’m not really sure what “medium” refers to but it looks like the word museum lol

also this probably means nothing but in the op it says “Simply post in this thread when taking on a clue. Leave your train of thought, directions, tips, and anything else you can think of to help your team find the hidden animals (may be a bear or fox)!” And Redd is a fox
I like this train of thought. All of the pieces seem to fit and it would be an excellent play. :)

"medium" could be referring to the art in general tbh... i've tried redd/jollyredd but got nothin : (

I was thinking it could be talking about members/users here. Like recent ancients could mean new and old, some members stay for a short temporary time and then you have the medium (few?) who are permanent members? Idk where it goes after that, sorry lol just thinking of any and every possible idea.

I tried looking through older threads about the update that added Redd but I couldn’t find anything either. I’m going to try and look through a bunch more threads today relating to any ideas we’ve come up with so far just in case this one is a clue rather than a puzzle

Back