• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wildlife Spotting (Crystal Ballers Cabin)

Just thinking out loud in the hopes it may be helpful:

“Recent Ancients” is an oxymoron

Could be replaced with “new olds”? And odd that short is used instead of small (the natural pair to medium). Heights? Medium=Katrina?
Following the Katrina line of thought, maybe it has to do with her being added as part of the NookLink app?

I could be completely off on my thought stream, but Recent ancient - could it be birds or chickens? I think they are considered descendants of dinosaurs or something?

Short temporary = wig?
Medium permanent = medium-length curly hair?
Something about hairstyles?
Post automatically merged:

It’s not HARRIET or SHAMPOODLE

Last edited:
The use of temporary vs permanent made me think of tattoos, but I didn't see anything in the tattoo thread...

Just some thoughts.
Could it be related to this line in the camp event? Maybe
“ After arriving at the campgrounds, we noticed an interesting set of stones nearby. As we got closer to them, however, we could see that they actually appear to be pieces of an ancient statue with three distinct parts. What an interesting start to Camp Bell Tree, but what is this statue for? We should search this area during our time at camp to see if we can find more pieces.”
nah it can't be that they know no one reads event threads /hj

This was already posted in the discord, but I wanna bring it up here to bounce ideas cause I think we're onto something?

Recent ancients = dodos
Short temporary = dodo codes
Medium permanent = dream addresses/friend codes?

But not sure where to go from there, nothing on the dream address threads...

I tried LOACHDACE (a small fish that's temporarily available and a medium fish that's available year long) but no avail
also PIRANHADACE (dace is the only permanent medium fish. piranha was the most recently added small one)

Last edited:
This was already posted in the discord, but I wanna bring it up here to bounce ideas cause I think we're onto something?

Recent ancients = dodos
Short temporary = dodo codes
Medium permanent = dream addresses/friend codes?

But not sure where to go from there, nothing on the dream address threads...
It’s not DODOS512 (# of each code) or DODOS17 or anything like it, nor DAL or DODOAIRLINES etc

Watch someone randomly type in an animal and it’s correct and then we have no idea why. “Oh, it’s ‘COW’. Of… course, yes, knew it all along”

I tried LOACHDACE (a small fish that's temporarily available and a medium fish that's available year long) but no avail
Okay I was thinking it might be something to do with fish also, I might just be on that train of thought because Cabin one’s clue had something to do with fish haha but I’ll just type what I was thinking here anyway incase it inspires someone else…

so for the “recent ancients” I was trying to think of some sort of fish/diving creatures that are considered “ancient” but are newer to the game — and then I know there are a few fish that are different sizes now from previous games, so maybe there’s a fish that used to be small/only catchable temporarily throughout the year but they changed it so now it’s a medium size and “permanent” (available all year around)?

this probably isn’t it but idk maybe it will lead us to something 🤔

Okay I was thinking it might be something to do with fish also, I might just be on that train of thought because Cabin one’s clue had something to do with fish haha but I’ll just type what I was thinking here anyway incase it inspires someone else…

so for the “recent ancients” I was trying to think of some sort of fish/diving creatures that are considered “ancient” but are newer to the game — and then I know there are a few fish that are different sizes now from previous games, so maybe there’s a fish that used to be small/only catchable temporarily throughout the year but they changed it so now it’s a medium size and “permanent” (available all year around)?

I guess the second part of this wouldn’t really make sense though if the fish was new to the game. Huhhh

just tried every single temporary small fish followed by DACE (the only medium permanent fish) :p

rip if i misseplt or didn't enter the correct one correctly

Just putting this out there in case it's something: Bee's have been around forever, and it's a recent collectible - 'Recent ancients'

the only "ancient" fish i can think of is the coelacanth and it's not new to the game series or anything 😔 and as far as i know it's not a collectible / has nothing to do with the small / medium aspect..... this is a hard one.

also re: the dodo ideas thank y'all for sharing them in here even though they already went around the discord bc i know i for one am not in the discord so it's nice to know what people are coming up with / trying :')

... Okay, I come back from work to this?! o_O :ROFLMAO: I don't have the slightest idea how to interpret that. Gonna try, though!

EDIT: Alright, here are my first thoughts. The first thing that came to my mind after reading the "short temporary to medium permament" is the span of time in which bugs/fishes show up in the game. Some have few hours a day only in specific seasons, and others are all year long.

About the "recent ancient", I can only think about the coelacanth? It's ancient, but it was believed extinct until relatively short ago, so it's somehow recent. On that same line, not sure if I remember correctly, but in the island minigame in NL where you catch ancient fishes, was the oarfish one of them? Because there is a three-pieces oarfish collectible now! And you can make it short, medium or long depending of how many middle pieces you assemble!

Last edited:
Back