• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will Luck Be on Your Side This Friday the 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honey, I have childhood trauma that is similar to the above image (which I rather not get into on this forum) but I recognize that this is a joke and no harm is coming from it.
Hey, I just wanted to come here and say that just because you are ok with the joke doesn't mean that everyone else is and/or should be. Also I'm just gonna throw this in here, @seliph made a really good point about how it's not a good idea to assume experiences of others.

Another thing is, the "I'm fine with it so everyone should be" mentality can be extremely rude and ignorant of those who are having it. This could be a good learning experience for some of you

And no I'm not trying to be biased towards one specific side by saying that, I'm just stating what I think and what's the best for both sides of the topic. I do not intend to make anyone angry or upset, I just wanted to give a piece of my mind

Hi everyone,

People may have differing views on the appropriateness of jokes. While we don't consider TBT to be a kid's website, we try our best to keep content on the forum generally safe and appropriate for people of all ages, while also keeping a balance from being too strict.

It may not always be clear what should be displayed on the site due to differing opinions, but one helpful tool can be comparing ourselves to other types of media that are accepted in society. In this case, we can see from the TV Tropes article that was previously mentioned by another user that this joke is widespread across many different shows, movies, and books. This list contains shows that air on network television at 8:00 PM and are marketed to teenagers. It also includes the 2017 Power Rangers movie, which I assume was made for kids.

Based on this, I don't agree that it should be considered overly inappropriate when it is a widely accepted and harmless joke. While we realize that we can't please everyone, we also don't agree with the notion of reversing, removing, or canceling something after a person points out that it may be offensive to someone. With this being said, the candy van won't be parked under the tree for much longer and I would like to ask everyone to please lighten up and enjoy this event.

thanks boss. I just wanna lighten the mood up XD
Post automatically merged:

But Jeremy, as someone who saw the power rangers movie I do remember someone being under house arrest so I do not think it is the best example LOL

thanks boss. I just wanna lighten the mood up XD

But Jeremy, as someone who saw the power rangers movie I do remember someone being under house arrest so I do not think it is the best example LOL
OH GOD AND THE GUY WHO DOES SOEMTJIMG INNAPROPRIATE TO THE BULL HAHAHA

The character mistakes the bull for a female cow and milks it that is all I will say HAHA

Seeing what the F13 candies will look like, I want one so badly 👀 Idk what to think/do! but do feel good about spending my trick or treat money on candy, but maybe kinda want to spend more...

Seeing what the F13 candies will look like, I want one so badly 👀 Idk what to think/do! but do feel good about spending my trick or treat money on candy, but maybe kinda want to spend more...

You know what? whispering tone: lets fly of together to where ever Wix is hiding all the candies and lets just take discreetly two and fly of our magic carpet back to the woods, its the perfect crime;), Wix will not notice a thing, shhhh

im not rly one for collectibles (even tho a lot of them r cute and also purple) but i had to buy 13 of these. we love random chances in this house (this house = my brain).

maybe that's why the power rangers movie did so badly and future ones had to be cancelled 🥺

"You know what? whispering tone: lets fly of together to where ever Wix is hiding all the candies and lets just take discreetly two and fly of our magic carpet back to the woods, its the perfect crime;), Wix will not notice a thing, shhhh"
(manual quote ftw)

I think Pierrot was on to us earlier so I'm 100% down to make a quick break for it, let's do it! I'll keep guard while you infiltrate Wix's layer, We can write 'Welcome' on me so I look inconspicuous

"You know what? whispering tone: lets fly of together to where ever Wix is hiding all the candies and lets just take discreetly two and fly of our magic carpet back to the woods, its the perfect crime;), Wix will not notice a thing, shhhh"
(manual quote ftw)

I think Pierrot was on to us earlier so I'm 100% down to make a quick break for it, let's do it! I'll keep guard while you infiltrate Wix's layer, We can write 'Welcome' on me so I look inconspicuous

Love the plan !! i mean, what could go wrong ? 👏 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back