• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will Luck Be on Your Side This Friday the 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to stop everything here and make an "official" statement about the van before things get too heated and this event loses its focus.

We understand that some of you don't find the banner image funny, and that's perfectly okay. However, we don't agree that it being there is in any way harmful to children, and if we thought for one second that there would be any risk to a child by putting Zipper's RV in the banner it wouldn't be there. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinions, but after a discussion within the staff we are going to keep the banner as it is until 12am EST. We hope that the majority of you understand our intent. :)
ma'am no one's saying it's literally harmful or that children are at risk by a .png file we're saying it's distasteful
Post automatically merged:

I think people should stop being so sensitive about everything and learn to take a joke . I personally find it so annoying people get “triggered” and offend over EVERYTHING now a days. Everything is about being politically correct etc.. when I was growing up we where taught to laugh
this is so rude, you don't know our experiences with this topic

I still think slapping Rose or Blanche from the Golden Girls into the front seat of that van would make it better and less distasteful.

ma'am no one's saying it's literally harmful or that children are at risk by a .png file we're saying it's distasteful
People have different tastes in jokes if you don’t like it you can just ignore it. It’s not harmful and some people like the joke.

tfw everyone's speaking past each other over an image edit
Most drama I’ve seen all day

this is so rude, you don't know our experiences with this topic

Redacted

Last edited:
agree to disagree; it'll be gone by tomorrow and all will be right in the world of TBT again.

simple as that. the staff have spoken. 🤷‍♀️

on a side note, i think i should probably buy a few more candies for myself. been getting so carried away buying them for everyone else 😅

If you don't like the joke and can't laugh it off, then you can just ignore it. Also, you shouldn't really be calling that rude considering you went after another member for the emojis they use in their post.

it's hard to ignore something you associate with childhood trauma especially when it's on the banner... just my two cents

"just ignore the joke that obviously makes you uncomfortable" you guys should be therapists
Sorry u feel that way but it rlly ain’t anyone else’s problem especially when we r just trying to have some lighthearted fun with candy

"just ignore the joke that obviously makes you uncomfortable" you guys should be therapists
Honey, I have childhood trauma that is similar to the above image (which I rather not get into on this forum) but I recognize that this is a joke and no harm is coming from it. I understand you may have problems with it but you need to come to terms that people aren't going to bend back everytime you find something uncomfortable so you have to find a way to cope within. That's what my therapist taught me years ago.

it's really simple, actually. people deal with things differently. i've experienced personal trauma myself and can still find humor in dark tendencies. don't damn me for my opinions when i can respect yours. you don't know the journey i've traveled, just the same as i'm unaware of yours.

it really isn't hard to agree to disagree. @NefariousKing made a wonderful suggestion to hide the content that you find disturbing if it's really that big of an issue to any individuals. there are ways to work around it.

Sorry u feel that way but it rlly ain’t anyone else’s problem especially when we r just trying to have some lighthearted fun with candy
the staff are here to make sure members are comfortable with them + on their site so it literally is anyone else's problem

For those that are uncomfortable with it, if you are on computer, all I can suggest is to temporary hide the banner using your adblock extension.
ty i thought of that but it's not really the image itself so much as the implications along withit it and, now, how staff are seeing/handling it

Bought a few more. I do hope I get one. I think tomorrow, Yellow Candies are either going to be discarded, but some may be giveaway, but at the this point, I'm not sure who would need one with over 7000 already purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back