• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will you be buying the physical or digital release?

I've been thinking about it but I've not yet decided... my ACNL is digital since I wanted it with me at all times and also so I could have another game in the slot to play when I was done my ac errands and I was on my break at work. But with the Switch version, I'll always be playing at home since I never take my Switch out of the house so I don't know if there would be an advantage to having it digital. It's a hard decision! I'll make a decision once I see what the game is like lol.

I usually like to have physical games, but for this definitely digital so I can preorder it and have it right away!

(and in my time zone I'll get it super late at night on the 19th!)

Last edited:
I hope to get the special edition AC Switch console (assuming that will even be a thing, and as long as I like the design). Which will most likely include a digital copy. However, I do very much prefer physical games, so that'll definitely be a factor in deciding whether or not to get the potential AC console.

Physical for me. I tried playing games that were digital, but it just didn't feel right to me. I always have a fear now of my consoles breaking and it did happen to me one time right after I had moved. I left my original 3ds in a box and the heat where I live now destroyed it. So, if something happens to my current Switch, having the physical means I can still play. Also, I always preoder my games from Gamestop and the guidebooks, so I don't mind having to wait a few extra hours to pick it up. Need my sleep anyways so I can play on the first day. :)

I don't yet know! Lately I've been buying a lot of digital games just because it's really easy and I don't like to go out, but I generally prefer to buy physical! It really depends on what the game is like once we've seen more of it! It also depends on if there's a cool little bonus for buying it physically! A plush figure or something. I'll decide once Nintendo shows us more about the game, and when the stores are updated with the preorder.

I usually only buy physical, unless the game is only digital.
For this case, I will 100% buy it physical and pick up the day of!

I always buy physical when I can and the new AC game will be no exception. :)

Both.

Digital for convenience/the ability to play at midnight on release day. It's the kind of game that you jump in and out of frequently and play for years, so juggling game cards is out of the question. Pok?mon and Animal Crossing will be what I juggle the most this year.

Physical for collection purposes and additional gold coins.

Last edited:
I'll probably buy physical for this one, i'm scared that something may go wrong with the game files , and i'm going to put A LOT of time into animal crossing switch.

Can't wait!! This countdown timer is exciting :)

I think digital but maybe a hard copy. I don't know yet.

Physical as long as I can get it as a midnight release. If not digital.

I'd normally go with physical, but in this case I really am considering digital to play a few hours earlier and for faster load times if it fits on internal storage.

Back