• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will you use voice chat?

sierra

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8007-6994-2794
New Horizons Token
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Mint
Voice chat in animal crossing isn’t something I saw coming. It’s not really a game you need to make quick callouts like “snipers at 270”. The closest would be “ B E E S “

But maybe voice chat will be really fun.
Are you going to use it all the time? Is it just something you’ll JUST want to use with friends or patooie with the whole thing?

Last edited:
I’ll likely use discord voice chat when I’m playing with a group of friends, but probably not the switch app. My best friend is finally getting New Horizons as her first AC game so I’m excited to VC with her and play together since we no longer live near each other.

No, voice chat is too much like talking on the phone which gives me panic attacks. I've played MMO's before where some groups would expect you to get on a voice chat with them and I was like, no, I'll pass. I just can't do it.

I don't play multi-player in Animal Crossing anyway, so luckily it won't be an issue. The most I would possibly do is a quick trade here or there.

I wouldn't. It's somewhat hard for me to explain it, but.. I love being wholeheartedly in there, in this tiny cute world, when I'm at it. So, while I think it'd be easier to use voice chat at some scenes, such as tours, vocally talking with the the person who I am with in game would just.. make this perfect/contained world feel like, faux?
For this reason, I don't like using text chat thing like Discord while I'm in there and I don't even vocally talk with them when I'm multiplayering with my family/friends irl. I would still use this awkward in-game keyboard, to talk with them. It feels like more comprehensive to me.
Talking vocally after playing is another thing though.

I will probably use it / try it it but only occasionally with IRL friends if I'm showing them something. Otherwise the keyboard should do fine! I really hate talking on the phone and actively avoid phone calls even if they're important. It's cool that this is a feature though, it will make it more convenient for some people. :)

Last edited:
Well, I expected Voice Chat in New Horizons as there was something similar called WiiSpeak for Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Anyway, I never use voice chat. The last time I did was during when I played (And don't make fun of me) Skylanders Superchargers online with a friend. I hated it so much I couldn't do it no more. And now I just don't like doing voice chat.

Nooo, my house gets too loud for that

Maybe. I used to be super uncomfortable with my own voice so I never used it. Now it's more like I don't want my roommates to think I'm crazy, haha.

Only with people I feel comfortable with. I don't like my voice that much and I have issues with speaking, like stuttering.

Nope. I'm more comfortable with text chat. Heck, one of the biggest aversions I have to MMOs these days is that everyone on them expects you to live on Discord and voice chat all the darn time.

Do. Not. Want.

Last edited:
Probably not honestly. I prefer texting, and I probably am not going to know the people I trade with well enough to even want to do that in the first place. I'm sure I'll use the voice chat featue a few times, but with people I actually know.

No, I won’t be using voice chat. I’m able to communicate easier in other ways, plus I don’t think it’s really necessary for Animal Crossing IMO.

I most likely won't be using voice chat. Unless I'm chatting with close friends or family members, I don't feel comfortable voice chatting. It beats typing though, I'll give it that.

I love it but I'm beginning to see that a lot of people are scared to talk to one another so I will most likely never use it.
I find chat so much easier than typing. But hey, to each their own.

Back