• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will you use voice chat?

May be useful in a pinch, but I have Discord on all my devices too so probably won't be making use of AC's dedicated voice chat.

I'll possibly VC with my friends, but I'm never gonna use Nintendo's official app for it. I have Discord, which is a much better and more convenient way of going about it.

i might use it but for years ive been using discord or facebook messenger to call and text friends when i play with them. everything is always a lot more fun when chatting with friends.Also i find it a lot easier than trying to type via the game.

yeah I'd be open to trying it. im interested to see how it works, and also what kind of people I'll interact with. like will it be mostly young kids or young adults who have followed animal crossing since wild world or city folk

Likely no for online only people. Nothing against them, I just find people tend to treat me oddly once they hear my voice. I know it may sound silly but it really gets tiring.

Last edited:
Personally I will use maybe after we've hung out in game a few times and I feel comfortable around you. If I don't feel comfy around you, there's no point. I'd be quieter than silence.

From previous experience of trying to use the app for Smash Bros. Ultimate, it's not that great. I would most likely just use discord for voice chat, as most of my friends are in my server anyway.

I remember the wiispeak accessory for the Wii. Never used it though and the 1st ac game I played was new leaf. I don’t think I’ll Jose voice chat in the beginning but it’s a possibility for the future.

During trades just don't use the app.
Use the in game keyboard.

I don't even like typing during a trade.

Basically I say hello, thank you, and bye. :)

i am very shy and generally don't like talking with people on the phone or similar things (so voice chat would feel a bit scary) but i don't know, i might like it if i try it. it's way easier than writing using a stylus or the joy cons at least so i think it's good that it's a feature.

Maybe I'll use the typing chat, but VC isn't my thing. Mainly because I sound like a 5 year old when using it.

Probably not haha, I’ve never liked using VC and I feel a bit awkward talking because of my accent as well.

I hope to find a group of people who want to play/use it lol I think it'd be really fun!

i'm glad to hear this and i second this. i honestly really like the idea of voice chatting (whether it'd be on discord or the app) and i probably will use it for new horizons, unless my house is too loud.
for short trades, i don't really find a need to use it as they last about five seconds anyways, but for a longer time i'd like to try it out. : )

I had wiispeak for city folk back in the day. I used it a few times with others who had it. It was a bit strange to use at times but I remember I met a few really nice people. I don't know if I'll be using voice for NH. I'm mainly planning on playing with my husband, so voice isn't needed when living in the same house lol.

I have no intentions of using it. I tend to avoid speaking on chat (or even on the phone) like the plague.

Back