• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

windfall | art thread ( ft. gifs & more! )

Another picture~ This time of Lapis :) Didn't really know what to call it so I went with Riptide Queen :v she's my favourite SU character sooooo ... yup.

xMZY0ts.gif
KPjzhW9.jpg

I originally planned for a coloured background and changed my mind midway and decided to roll with a white bg instead. I also put a lot of effort into sketching her head but then I thought it looked awkward as I was painting midway, so I scrapped the original idea and repainted her face. :/ i have a tendency of drawing arms too long and still have issues drawing hands >_> sigh lol

finished pic in the spoiler tag!
tumblr_nyt8efGFc91sgwpq9o1_540.png

Hopefully the pics showed up, having internet troubles again x___x

redbubble link :v ~~

Last edited:
And off she goes
Drawing more arts
Never disappointing people

I really do love your recent work, they're so colorful!!

And off she goes
Drawing more arts
Never disappointing people

I really do love your recent work, they're so colorful!!

Haven't drawn in a while, and I'm not really sure where I was going with this one. ?\_(ツ)_/?

tumblr_nz8iam6AKd1sgwpq9o1_400.gif
tumblr_nz8iam6AKd1sgwpq9o2_400.png

Fun fact: the dots in the background were done by a brush called "bloodstains". Final pic in the spoiler!

i'm no good with colouring open mouths (and she looked kinda creepy with her face) so it was changed up a lot. i used a few multiply layers for shading and the glow of the memory orb and swirls were created by a glow dodge layer.

(link on redbubble)

tumblr_nz8in7KZol1sgwpq9o2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a while >__> Anyways, here's another lapis pic. :v

tumblr_o0tjwqYfWF1sgwpq9o1_400.gif
tumblr_o0tj9mK5iQ1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

Hope y'all are having a nice new year :)

i originally drew the sketch on some lined paper first, and since i was too lazy to try to replicate a sketch digitally, I just took a photo :p

this picture was mainly to test a few new brushes. fun stuff.

tumblr_o0tjcpjVry1sgwpq9o1_1280.jpg

redbubble link :p

Last edited:
Omg I love your art! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for freebies or tbt sketches c:

Omg I love your art! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for freebies or tbt sketches c:
I haven't really thought about what sort of tbt sketches/freebies i'd be up for doing >_> but i'll try to keep it in mind (maybe the weekend or something xD)

Oh, do you use Manga Studio 5?
Yup! I use manga studio 5 and GIMP to edit the drawing (usually just to bump up the brightness and/or the saturation levels)

Your art is so beautiful I like it =)
Thank you! :blush:

I had an idea last night so I've been drawing a bit more than usual to get it out of my head. Sorry for the steven universe spam, but lapis is sort of my muse :p

tumblr_o13yu9ViJE1sgwpq9o1_r1_400.gif
tumblr_o13yu9ViJE1sgwpq9o2_400.gif

Jasper's hair is nuts 8(
i played around a little with colouring techniques with both of them :D

Anyway, the combined picture below was sort of the idea I had (the actual execution was different from what I had in mind but oh well)

tumblr_o13y1kqTHD1sgwpq9o1_r1_500.png

my favourite fusion! i might try to do sets like this for other gem fusions but.... for now, I'm gunna sit back and watch some TV before another week starts :'(

It's on redbubble as two separate pics (i swapped jasper/lapis around and couldn't decide which looked better) so check it out if you want :p
version1, version 2.

also! here's a closeup on lapis (my new tumblr icon ehehe) I'm actually really pleased with how it turned out
tumblr_o134k0TWRV1sgwpq9o1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Something a little different -- i sculpted this Sadness statue last year :v

Dk6U4jt.png

She was made with wire armature, tin foil, sculpey and paint.
I am terrible with painting small things @@ I need to buy smaller paint brushes but... I don't think I'll be sculpting again for a while :/

I honestly didn't expect it to get so high @@ hopefully in feb i'll find some time to do another auction.

Thank you! I used Manga Studio Pro to draw everything :)

I'll have to start saving up xD

Also, do you recommend Manga Studio? I don't know whether to get it, or get SAI instead...

I'll have to start saving up xD

Also, do you recommend Manga Studio? I don't know whether to get it, or get SAI instead...

I used to use SAI before I got a Mac (SAI is only compatible with Windows). I tried a few programs but Manga Studio was the only similar replacement I could find. I really like it though! It has a bunch of features which I haven't even tried haha xD

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong by picking either. They're both very good programs. SAI is used by more people though, so there's a larger community of artists who can provide tutorials and brushes. Also, there's a bunch of cracked versions floating around tumblr, so a free version would be fairly easy to get a hold of.

omg I love how you make it look... scratchy? Papery? You should make a tutorial. I love it so much.

Back